Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN '18: Horrors of Blumhouse: Chapter 2

I heard for myself on Wednesday night as well. It's pretty subtle and goes by quick... if you're not paying attention, it'd be fairly easy to miss.

I finally got the chance to walk this one.

Uh... wow. The individual Truth or Dare and Unfriended scenes are actually quite good (Truth or Dare really impressed), and the actors were firing on all cylinders. One of the Truth or Dare girls actually got a jump out of me.

...but I just don't get the love for The Girl. The moving furniture is a fun trick, but uh, holy black walls. This maze got hurt by it more than any other. There's no sense of flow or progression because everything gets interrupted... and then the entire climax is yet another black wall bonanza of a generic demon we know nothing about.

Is it just me or does the scenic for the Moving Furnature room and the abandoned house hallway kind of look like something from Conjuring? Like that was my immediate thought when I first saw the abandoned hallway scene.

Also just gonna say that I’d be down a Blumhouse 3, this Maze was very good and ToD and Unfriended ended up being probably one of my favorite things of this year’s event. The Girl was ok but confusing

Reactions: DTH
Is it just me or does the scenic for the Moving Furnature room and the abandoned house hallway kind of look like something from Conjuring? Like that was my immediate thought when I first saw the abandoned hallway scene.

Also just gonna say that I’d be down a Blumhouse 3, this Maze was very good and ToD and Unfriended ended up being probably one of my favorite things of this year’s event. The Girl was ok but confusing

Spitballing, but what about Upgrade? We've already had action movies with purge and AvP, and there's a couple of suitably violent and creepy scenes (torture scene and joker smile). Plus, I really want people to know more about that movie.

In terms of movies that are actually likely to happen: Us, Happy Death Day 2, some other movie that Universal picks out, maybe Get Out if there is a new director.

Spitballing, but what about Upgrade? We've already had action movies with purge and AvP, and there's a couple of suitably violent and creepy scenes (torture scene and joker smile). Plus, I really want people to know more about that movie.
i questioned upgrade at first. but in all honesty [im gonna get hate so bad] it would actually make like good 4 rooms for a house. i mean hey they did a good job with unfriended and truth or dare, so anythings possible i guess.know what i can come up with some rooms real quick
surgery transition room
first fight/ joker smile
bar/torture scene
guy with gun for hand/turning the gun
the reveal

i questioned upgrade at first. but in all honesty [im gonna get hate so bad] it would actually make like good 4 rooms for a house. i mean hey they did a good job with unfriended and truth or dare, so anythings possible i guess.know what i can come up with some rooms real quick
surgery transition room
first fight/ joker smile
bar/torture scene
guy with gun for hand/turning the gun
the reveal

I'd love an upgrade scene based on the reveal:

Have it be like the heaven room in this is the end or the ending of Krampus, where it's all sunny and idealistic, then the scrim walls disappear and a bunch of murderers arrive.

I'd love an upgrade scene based on the reveal:

Have it be like the heaven room in this is the end or the ending of Krampus, where it's all sunny and idealistic, then the scrim walls disappear and a bunch of murderers arrive.
i would love for next years blumhouse [if they do it] to feature there underrated movies, like what you said upgrade, and some others like creep and belko experiment.

So after going through this maze a number of times.... if anyone know the scareactor who plays the Tyler Posey role, can you have him pose for a pic for me? Or call me? :grin: