Discussion in 'Haunted Houses' started by Brian G., Aug 22, 2018.
There were masks in the film....? Do you mean the smiley faces....? I'm lost.
I think she just made a mistake and said masks when she mean't Smiley faces.
And the Smiley faces in the film are creepy and that the masks for the faces in the maze will be creepy in her opinion.
UPDATE: The First Purge opening scene is, interesting. To say the least LOL
EDIT: one of those Purge street parties from the trailer?
I don't think it's from the movie tbh. The Poltergeist opening is expected, the finale is terrifying if done right.
yeah yeah...but those will be masks
My guess would be some sort of latex application.
eh maybe bc the smiles, eyes, and eyebrows were “affected” in that movie
Most anticipated to least anticipated
1. Universal Classic Monsters - I really can't wait to experience this. I wanna see the revamp versions of The Wolf man, Frankenstein's monster, Dracula, The Phantom, and hopefully the Creature. What makes it better is Slash music on the maze. The solo in the video sounded pretty dark which fits the maze. Very excited for this one, hope it it's not a let down.
2. Stranger Things - I was pretty "eh" about it when people were talking about this coming to the event. After watching the show again, I took back everything I said. I thought this would actually work. The announcement video blew me away and I was filled with excitement. The Demogoron, the upside down world, the laboratory, and the forest is what I'm very excited for.
3. Trick R Treat - So many characters and scenes that work so well. The bus massacre kids, the principle, the werewolves, and of course Sam. Finally glad this is coming to the event. It's quite surprising that it's getting a maze and it's own scarezone as well.
4. Halloween 4: I'm not too excited about this one, but it's nice to see Michael Myers come back after not being invited last year. H4 had some cool kills, which makes wanna see Michael ramming the shotgun to Kelly scene so bad.
5. Poltergeist - Call me crazy but I'm not a huge fan of this movie, but I could see how this would work. Hopefully they don't screw up the beast.
6. The First Purge - I hope this is the last time we will see The Purge. The movie wasn't that bad, but there some scenes that could work. The Party, Skeletor, hallway shootout, and the water gun guy would funny to see, hoping he actually shoots a water gun at you.
7. Horrors of Blumhouse 2- Yeah........no. So many movies and they chose 2 of the worst. Why did they even bring this back. The third section of the maze sounds interesting at least.
I was going through my old posts about most anticipated for years prior and there was something eerie...
3/4 of the time, I'm exactly right about the entire lineup, as to where they end up on a scale of good to bad based on my anticipation.
But the eerie thing is... when I was wrong the other 1/4 of the time... it's because my number 1 and number 4 swapped places.
So for this year... either UM will disappoint me a bit and Stranger Things will be the surprise that ranks number one. Or it goes exactly how I imagined with UM being easily the best.
But either way... UM or Stranger Things is going to be this year's best maze!!!
Figured I should do this before EP starts.
1. Stranger Things: I’m a huge fan of the show, and it’s in a soundstage. This feels like the first spectacle house we’ve had since AvP.
2. Trick r Treat: I’ve been wanting this to come to HHN, before I even started going to HHN. I’m just so glad it’s finally here and it looks amazing.
3. UCM: This is clearly a passion project for John so I can’t see this sucking. Everything I’ve seen so far looks awesome and this will most likely be the best house, I’m just a little more excited for other things.
4. Poltergeist: This is where I start to lose interest, it’s not that I’m not looking forward to this, I just don’t care about the property at all, but I’m sure it’ll be great.
5. Halloween 4: I’m sure the house will be solid, I just can’t get over the fact that when they couldn’t get the version they wanted, they used another version no one asked for.
6. The First Purge: Nobody wants the Purge at HHN anymore, the movie was a waste of time and had no maze material, I’d be shocked if this was anything better than mediocre.
7. Horrors of Blumhouse 2: Who asked for another Blumhouse maze, and who asked for Truth or Dare and Unfriended. The only thing that seems interesting is the end, otherwise boo.
Separate names with a comma.