1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

HHN '18: Tickets, RIP, and FFP information

Discussion in 'Halloween Horror Nights 2018' started by AlexanderMBush, Aug 7, 2018.

1. DTH

DTH Member

I believe it has something to do with ride maintenance. Like it takes 2 hours to shut down and 2 hours to start up. So if it closed at 2 AM, they'd be off at 4AM. But then early entry starts at 8, so they have to start up at 6 AM. Which means the ride would be on 22 hours of the day. Even something as simple as "oh, then close it at 11:30-1" is still adding a lot of additional wear and tear. It's their key attraction, breaking down because of HHN would not be ideal. Especially when the last few years, they've closed Mummy and JP for usual construction/refurb, and now even more importantly since JP will be closing for quite some time.

2. AlexanderMBush

AlexanderMBush Legendary Member

That doesn't excuse Simpsons, Mummy and TF though; as if that was the case, I'd imagine that they wouldn't be able to do those rides.

Not to mention, Orlando is able to run a more advanced attraction like Gringotts for HHN.

That said, that doesn't relate to Horror Nights Hollywood ticket types, now does it?

3. Fallow

Fallow Veteran Member

You're assuming Gringotts is more advanced/requires more maintenance than FJ. I'm not confident that's the case.

The maintenance factor is huge for Hollywood's FJ; scare actors can see them working on the arms post-close. Orlando toyed with closing rides early during HHN before (Gringotts & Transformers, various years) for precisely this reason. They could do the same for Potter if they were so inclined (i.e. closing it the same time Tram does).

However... they also have to give JKR/WB a cut of ticket sales if Potter's open. That's likely the biggest factor of all. (Orlando's event is so massive and the crowds so fierce, they determined it made sense to just bite the bullet and take the hit.)

4. Wesker69

Wesker69 Veteran Member

Don't forget the IOA years... Hulk & Dragons were required to close by 11pm or midnight each event night due to the neighbors. Can't remember if Rockit had the same rule or not.

5. Fallow

Fallow Veteran Member

Weirdly, Rockit didn't - I remember getting in line just before 2am close back in 2012. I think that ride is more central and insulated (versus Hulk and Dragons literally neighboring neighborhoods/residential areas).

6. AlexanderMBush

AlexanderMBush Legendary Member

As bringing this up here, two dates have been added; September 16th and September 26th, making this year the longest in Event History.

From California Informer,

And yes, as of right now; it seems that with Frequent Fear Passholders, you can go to the event on the two added dates.

upload_2018-8-24_8-2-5.png

EDIT: Got off from engaging with someone, it sounds like it should be valid automatically for those who purchased a Frequent Fear Pass prior to the circumstances of the added dates.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
  7. Freak

Freak Veteran Member

Just secured my Frequent Fear Pass! See you all opening and closing night! :) Should also be there on the 18th as well.

8. Spookies n' Stuff

Spookies n' Stuff Member

So glad they added the two dates to the pass, I'm trying to beat my record of 10 visits from last year