Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN '18: Trick 'r Treat

I think this announcement is kinda insane considering the fact that we have waited 6 or 7 years for this maze. That's why I'm more excited for this than Stranger Things.

The potential with the sets and how the film literally breathes Halloween is gonna so fantastic. I literally can't wait for this maze.

I think this announcement is kinda insane considering the fact that we have waited 10 or 11 years for this maze. That's why I'm more excited for this than Stranger Things.

The potential with the sets and how the film literally breathes Halloween is gonna so fantastic. I literally can't wait for this maze.
FTFY
They’ve been wanting to do Trick r Treat since 2007 when the film was released. And I’m pretty sure someone said they remember this being begged for even in the days of HHNVault which was very early on in the event’s history

Something VERY interesting I found when looking at the site's code:
Screen Shot 2018-05-16 at 11.45.34 AM.png
Under the "uploads/2018" folder there are two folders for each announced house with their promo images (which I think look nice and I've also included), labeled as "04" and "05" for ST and TrT respectively. Not sure if this means anything for Hollywood's house count, but seems like it might...

Stranger Things: https://www.halloweenhorrornights.c...ontent/uploads/2018/04/HHN-2018-ST-Teaser.jpg

Trick 'r Treat: https://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/hollywood/2018/site-content/uploads/2018/05/Key-Art.jpg

Something VERY interesting I found when looking at the site's code:
View attachment 6709
Under the "uploads/2018" folder there are two folders for each announced house with their promo images (which I think look nice and I've also included), labeled as "04" and "05" for ST and TrT respectively. Not sure if this means anything for Hollywood's house count, but seems like it might...

Stranger Things: https://www.halloweenhorrornights.c...ontent/uploads/2018/04/HHN-2018-ST-Teaser.jpg

Trick 'r Treat: https://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/hollywood/2018/site-content/uploads/2018/05/Key-Art.jpg

It's the month each house was announced. (4 is April, 5 is May)

Trick r' Treat, has had hype built up by the Hollywood community for a decade now. Perhaps outside of The Exorcist (and another possible IP for this year), this WAS the most requested for die-hard fans. And it's understandable, as Legendary when they made this film with Doughtery became a cult-classic for the right reasons.

Color me very interested to see what Murdy, Willams, and the entire Hollywood team give to this experience.

IT'S ABOUT FU<%ING TIME, YEEEEEEE-HAAAAAW!!!!!!
I'm one of those OG Vault members and this has been on my list for freakin' YEARS, mannnn!!!
I remember every year in speculation having to be the sour krout telling people, "it ain't gonna happen this year , it ain't gonna happen." And EVERY year, people had false hope. But for some reason, the last two or so years after Krampus, I thought MAYBE IT'S TIME and I've had my hopes up for this HIGH on my speculation list.
AND IT'S FINALLY
HAPPENING!!!
AHHHHHHHH!!!!
Stranger Things doesn't even exist to me compared to how excited I am for this one.
This maze has ENDLESS potential they can pull from. Even if they went completely original, like a lost sequel that never got made *COUGH*, this would STILL be a phenomenal maze. This property can legit do no wrong.
Very excited to hear the details!!!

It’s about friggin’ time. I too was one of the people around during the Vault days remembering people wanting TrT. I remember year after year people wanting this to happen. Now that it’s finally happening, guess what my reaction is:

“Okay, cool. Let’s see how it turns out.”

I’m more cautiously optimistic than I am excited. The epic disaster of last year has really burned me. I have low expectations for this, honestly. If there’s only one or two rooms with black walls, I will be very impressed. I want zero, but knowing Murdy, that’s not gonna happen.

“But dude, this has been on Murdy’s list since the event started! There’s no WAY he’s gonna let this suck!” Um....the Shinning? Talk about one of the biggest disappointments since This is the End 3D.

Hopefully this will deliver, but I just don’t expect much. I really want to see detailed sets in here.

I'm probably just overthinking this but he capitalized the word "It" in this tweet which immediately made me think he was dropping a low-key hint at another maze... but maybe not. It's probably just a typo. I'm sure I just need a nap.

I feel like that's a VERY weird location for TrT and nowhere near enough space to show the grandeur of the landscapes. This would've been great on the backlot. But yeah, now my expectations have been lowered a bit. I still have high hopes. That was my one biggest complaint about The Shining, is it's such a big hotel, and I felt like there was not enough space to convey how monstrous the place was supposed to be. I think the werewolves and woods at the end will be good (AWIL flashbacks!!!), but for the mill/bus crash, it truly needs an open area feel. Mummy is just too cramped for a film like this, but works perfect for something like Exorcist, TCM, etc.. We'll see, maybe they can pull it off!

I feel like that's a VERY weird location for TrT and nowhere near enough space to show the grandeur of the landscapes. This would've been great on the backlot. But yeah, now my expectations have been lowered a bit. I still have high hopes. That was my one biggest complaint about The Shining, is it's such a big hotel, and I felt like there was not enough space to convey how monstrous the place was supposed to be. I think the werewolves and woods at the end will be good (AWIL flashbacks!!!), but for the mill/bus crash, it truly needs an open area feel. Mummy is just too cramped for a film like this, but works perfect for something like Exorcist, TCM, etc.. We'll see, maybe they can pull it off!
The more I think about this, the more this makes me think this will be the "cheap maze" where all of the reused props will go. Reusing the school bus from AHS/ToT, the ET trees, Halloween props....yeah.

Wolf puppets at the end would be awesome. The puppets in AWiL were great, I hope they don't pop out of a black wall. There needs to be some context of the scares otherwise it will be lazy. He better not "solve" the space issue by having black walls everywhere. This HAS to be good.

The only way I can tolerate the black walls is if we walk into the cover of a comic book like we see in the movie. Like how we walk into a Jack O Lantern from Halloween '16. That would be a cool transition.

Back when we were under the assumption that The Thing was going in the Mummy queue, I was very hesitant about it. It made sense given that the previous two years, that location held houses for classic horror movies. However, my biggest fear was that if they went all out, or tried to, with the puppets and animatronics, it would be too cramped for The Thing. Now that it's Trick 'r Treat, it does make sense that it can be put in this location, especially when compared to the remaining rumored IPs.