1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

HHN '18: Universal Monsters

Discussion in 'Haunted Houses' started by Brian G., Aug 22, 2018.

1. DTH

DTH Member

Frankenstein in the trailer had too skinny of a neck, but YESSSSSSS, that video was good, my favorite other than the Stranger Things one! If the music in the trailer is what it'll be like, then I'm all aboard for Slash, sounds like it'll have a pretty cool tone. Like someone else said, was hoping for downright gothic horror, something La Llorona style, but this will do and anything is better than freakin' dubstep. Hopefully this maze does amazingly well and we'll get it another year and they'll go a more gothic route with the sound design. It'll be like we're going backwards, first we had the remix and the remix resurrection, now we have just the Universal Monsters, and hopefully after that, for a earnest take on it, we have... uh... Universal CLASSIC Monsters. I don't know.

2. hhnlover

hhnlover Veteran Member

i wonder what scenes there do for each monster.

3. HHNManics

HHNManics Veteran Member

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
    AlexanderMBush likes this.
  4. DTH

DTH Member

Invisible Man fans are lucky, he gets to be in every scene.

5. rageofthegods

rageofthegods Member

Well in that case, I better see a floating pair of boxers in every scene, else I'm reporting the guy for indecent behavior! D:

6. AlexanderMBush

AlexanderMBush Legendary Member

I'll go through the efforts of updating with what's mentioned at the hour and a half SLA Panel..

Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
    rageofthegods likes this.
  7. AlexanderMBush

AlexanderMBush Legendary Member

DP, more from @HHNManics

He is constantly updating for today on his twitter, as his coverage is great so-far.

EDIT: Slash is now on stage.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
  8. hhnlover

hhnlover Veteran Member

info from scare la

9. NuteGunrayWasFramed

NuteGunrayWasFramed Member

Sounds like a HUGE maze. Everything about this is sounding like Top 5 maze material.

Freak likes this.
  10. Freak

Freak Veteran Member

Would've been nice to see an underwater scene like HHNO did with FVJ back in HHN 25, but other than that, this sounds stellar! Brilliant way to feature the Invisible Man.

11. horrornights789

horrornights789 Veteran Member

So it seems like this maze jumps time periods from the present day to whenever Frankenstein takes place? I’m cool with that. This maze sounds REALLY good, like GOAT good. I still think it’s hilarious that, if everything goes as planned, Slash will have been involved with one of the best mazes of all time(UCM) and one of the worst mazes of all time(Clowns 3D)

12. DTH

DTH Member

I'm just like... do we really need 3 Frankenstein films? We couldn't get Creature in there? Mr Hyde? -- who fits really well with Frankenstein and Invisible Man vibes. Already have Hunchback and Phantom in the scarezone. I hope those areas are great, or I'll leave thinking "had more potential."

Just read about Creature being cut out. I guess that makes sense. Rather have a character cut instead of blank walls because of a character added in haha

happy bunny rabbit likes this.
  13. hhnlover

hhnlover Veteran Member

i can see the son of Frankenstein room was the one to replace cftbl since son is a weird choice for the house.

14. rageofthegods

rageofthegods Member

Just realized that Hunchback isn't going to be in the maze, only the scare zone. Which I'm fine with, although if the maze does come back, it'd be cool to see him.

Also, since Murdy is respecting Universal's heritage, I really hope to see the Man who Laughs in a future maze. I really like that movie (although granted, blood-drinking Reinfield looks exactly like the Man who Laughs, so he still has a little presence)

Also, apparently Son lets Igor show up in the maze, which is something I could see them making a compromise on. Another noticeable thing: although the Mummy shows up, he doesn't appear in a dedicated room, only in the "Collections" room with Reinfield. That feels like another compromise. Mr. Hyde or an Edgar Allan Poe story (Masque of the Red Death?) might've been neat. Still though, I think the stuff we saw looked amazing.

15. rocklobsterrr_85

rocklobsterrr_85 Newcomer

Here's the panel video:

AlexanderMBush likes this.
  16. HHNManics

HHNManics Veteran Member

17. Fallow

Fallow Veteran Member

Creature being cut sucks, but I would agree that his lack of presence versus more money put into the rest of the maze is a good tradeoff. He'd only make a cameo like The Mummy, anyway.

Man Who Laughs is directly referenced in how they took on Renfield... it's probably the closest we'll ever get, but it's basically a spitting image. I loved the reference, and Murdy loves the character.

While not Poe, Phantom's Red Masque appearance will be in the zone.

Really pumped for this one, guys.

18. HHNManics

HHNManics Veteran Member

19. rocklobsterrr_85

rocklobsterrr_85 Newcomer

Those wolfman masks look so much more kick*ss with the hair on. I was kinda worried when I saw the original sculpt, but with the fur and the blood, I'm getting a really good feeling about UCM.

cdogsumo likes this.
  20. SukaVayne73

SukaVayne73 Rookie

I am really excited about doing Universal Monsters when I am out in LA, the last weekend of Sept thru October. Really like Wolfman mask. This is looking really good.

cdogsumo likes this.