Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN '19: Curse of Pandora's Box

Yeah what Fallow said.

But again this maze is in an all new location and I'm in love with the promo art. They do great with Original mazes and I could see a lot of cool stuff from Greek Mythology in this maze.

I mean, my expectation is we'll see some (hopefully clever) repurposing of Urban Inferno and This is the End material.

From this article. Greek Mythology Comes to Life for Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood's "The Curse of Pandora’s Box" - Bloody Disgusting

'Greed is the underlying theme of this all-new maze, resurrected from Universal Studios Hollywood’s vault of masterful storytelling that transports guests from the land of the living into the nightmarish netherworld of Hades. The scene begins with “Pandora’s Cabinet of Curiosities,” a dilapidated storefront set in modern times that is, nonetheless, eerily reminiscent of a structure that belongs in the dark and dangerous back alleys of Victorian London.

Amid every occultist artifacts and forbidden relics known to man, the bizarre shop houses an all-consuming collection of evil trapped behind glass-encased cabinets, including a giant, ornate box inlaid with human bones and adorned with the silhouette of a mysterious woman clasping her body with skeletal arms.

As guests pass through the shop they will hear a faint, yet seductive voice echoing the words, “anything can be acquired, anything our hearts desire,” beckoning maze-goers to tempt fate, just as a cataclysmic earthquake erupts, shaking the shop and swinging open the ornate box to awaken a demonic voice whispering in a foreign tongue to “come inside.”

Once Pandora’s Box has been opened and evil unleashed, it can never be closed again.'

EDIT: I realize this is in the InsideUniversal blog post linked at the top of the thread, just posting the quote down here as not everyone may have seen it.

This is prob my most anticipated. I love mythology and I've wanted something like this since Orlando had Hades in 2010!

As guests pass through the shop they will hear a faint, yet seductive voice echoing the words, “anything can be acquired, anything our hearts desire,” beckoning maze-goers to tempt fate, just as a cataclysmic earthquake erupts, shaking the shop and swinging open the ornate box to awaken a demonic voice whispering in a foreign tongue to “come inside.”
This sounds like a pre-show, which is interesting. Looking forward to the Q&A, should be pretty revealing.

An Orlando-esque original concept with no music or celebrity attached to it? YES PLEASE!!!!!

Man I'm excited for this house. I was afraid about it being set in modern times, but it's being used as a launch point to the mythological underworld, which is where the majority of the maze seems to be it. That is fine with me.

I remember going through Hades: The Gates of Ruin all the way back at HHN 20, my first time experiencing Orlando's event. Back then, I remember how cool of a house that was and wish Hollywood would do an original concept of that caliber. Fast forward nearly a decade later and Hollywood is finally doing something like this. I'm thrilled to see Hollywood finally branching out with original content as well.

I'm sensing a lot of dungeonous labyrinths and caves will be the majority of set pieces. I really hope we'll see some ancient Greek ruins as well.

From this article. Greek Mythology Comes to Life for Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood's "The Curse of Pandora’s Box" - Bloody Disgusting

'Greed is the underlying theme of this all-new maze, resurrected from Universal Studios Hollywood’s vault of masterful storytelling that transports guests from the land of the living into the nightmarish netherworld of Hades. The scene begins with “Pandora’s Cabinet of Curiosities,” a dilapidated storefront set in modern times that is, nonetheless, eerily reminiscent of a structure that belongs in the dark and dangerous back alleys of Victorian London.

Amid every occultist artifacts and forbidden relics known to man, the bizarre shop houses an all-consuming collection of evil trapped behind glass-encased cabinets, including a giant, ornate box inlaid with human bones and adorned with the silhouette of a mysterious woman clasping her body with skeletal arms.

Once Pandora’s Box has been opened and evil unleashed, it can never be closed again.'

EDIT: I realize this is in the InsideUniversal blog post linked at the top of the thread, just posting the quote down here as not everyone may have seen it.
Okay, now Im excited for this one.

I think having multiple original mazes will offer much needed variety and help balance what guests are familiar with (IPs) with something new and unique. Having two/three originals each year feels like a good way to bolster the line up without having to resort to generic slasher IP sequels every other year and let the design team flex their creative muscle. I’m very excited for this one and hopefully its unknown status to the general public will mean shorter wait times compared to the IP driven mazes.

Last edited:
I'm very interested in how this ends up being. More originals is always a good thing in my book, and this seems like an original you would expect to see at Orlando, and I'm excited to see what Murdy and the gang do with this.

This thread as least makes me more excited than I was....but guess I'll have to wait and see if this is better than expect.