1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

HHN '19: Maze of the Year

Discussion in 'Haunted Houses' started by HHNManics, Oct 1, 2019.

?

What is the best maze of HHN - Hollywood 2019?

1. House of 1000 Corpses

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  2. Holidayz in Hell

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  3. The Curse of Pandora's Box

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  4. Us

15 vote(s)
    41.7%
  5. Stranger Things

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  6. Killer Klowns from Outer Space

8 vote(s)
    22.2%
  7. Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman

5 vote(s)
    13.9%
  8. Ghostbusters

3 vote(s)
    8.3%
  9. Creepshow

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  1. HHNManics

HHNManics Veteran Member

Discuss what you believe is the maze of the year!

2. Chris Galindo

Chris Galindo Veteran Member

Us, Creepshow, and Killer Klowns are my top three this year

3. SailwiththeTide

SailwiththeTide Member

Too early for me. I’ve only been once. I need a few more runs to solidify my list.

4. Spookies n' Stuff

Spookies n' Stuff Member

So far I'm feeling Holidayz, Killer Klowns, and a tie between Creepshow and Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man

5. DTH

DTH Member

I have four major contenders.

FMTW and Holidayz are at a tie right now, for me. I just had such an amazing run on Holidayz the other night, so it sticks out very well in my mind for how great it was. FMTW does have the sets and overall aesthetic I boogie with a lot more though. Which of these will be pushed out of my top 3, I don't know yet, very hard to say.

Killer Klowns is my current number 2. It's just so creative and fun, basically everything any big fan of that movie could want it to be. Before, I'd say this was a tie for first, but my last run on it was only good and not as great as my first, so I think it solidifies it as a runner up. If the energy stays low, I could see either of my number 3 overtaking it.

Us is definitely my number 1. It's just sooooo good. It's the entire mood it gives off from beginning to end. You could tell they definitely cared about making it the flagship maze of the event. And the cast is relentless, staying consistent between the visits I've given it.

horrornights789 and Fallow like this.
  6. HHNManics

HHNManics Veteran Member

My vote right now is FMTW. Love the facade and the maze is super well done, beautiful, and creepy for me to adore it. It's followed very closely by Holidayz and Klowns.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
  7. Fallow

Fallow Veteran Member

Our opinions basically completely align. These are my top 4 mazes that jostle dependent on the quality of the run / energy of the cast.

DTH likes this.
  8. Herny15

Herny15 Newcomer

Stranger Things was a complete joke, Pandora’s Box and 1000 Corpses are pretty solid, and Creepshow and Ghostbusters are really good. Holidayz, Us, Klowns, and FMTW are top tier mazes for me, some of the best I’ve walked through! But if I had to pick my number 1 it would probably have to be Frankenstein Meets Wolfman

Chris Galindo likes this.
  9. Rub

Rub Newcomer

FMTW takes it for me as of right now. It is visually great and the scares are perfect. Klowns and Us are right on its tail though. It is a very close battle between these three.

Fallow likes this.
  10. horrornights789

horrornights789 Veteran Member

Us. That is all, my new favorite maze of all time. Perfectly matched the film’s tone and how the film was

11. foodstampsFTW

foodstampsFTW Member

Who was the one person who voted Stranger Things, not gonna make fun, just wanna know why.

12. Jaden

Jaden Member

Killer Klowns for me. So colorful, wacky, fun, and even scary. Designs were grea despite a few black walls.

13. SailwiththeTide

SailwiththeTide Member

I am surprised US is getting so much love. I like the design and creep factor but there are better Mazes out there. Some would even think it's neighbor next door is a better maze.

14. DTH

DTH Member

US is just the right alchemy of all the elements coming together to make something extraordinary. If you were to ask me if it has the best set design, makeup, or sound in the world, I'd say no, but putting all those things in this very specific blender, it works. Meanwhile, Pandora's Box is over the top in every department, yet I'd say it's one of the WORST mazes I've ever been through. Us is WAY better than it by a long shot. Sometimes restraint can go a long way.

15. Spookies n' Stuff

Spookies n' Stuff Member

My personal pick would be Killer Klowns, but I think Us' specialty is in the little specifics a lot of people wouldn't notice, such as the ceilings of the houses matching the shape they would be in real life and not just flat fabric, and I think a lot of that could be attributed to Jordan Peele's direct involvement. I wish we could have more mazes with direct collaboration with the filmmakers, always seems to have good results.