HHN 2022: Universal Monsters: Legends Collide | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 2022: Universal Monsters: Legends Collide

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
The Universal Monsters are back! Universal has announced that this year's Halloween Horror Nights in Orlando and Hollywood will feature an all-new house - Universal Monsters: Legend Collide.

Jumped the gun a bit on that thread, my bad~

From what we can see in Mummy venue for the facade, it looks great. Really wondering how much time is spent on each specific monster, and more specifically; how Dracula and Mummy/Imhotep are fleshed out compared to Wolfman.

Jumped the gun a bit on that thread, my bad~

From what we can see in Mummy venue for the facade, it looks great. Really wondering how much time is spent on each specific monster, and more specifically; how Dracula and Mummy/Imhotep are fleshed out compared to Wolfman.
Well in Hollywood it’s literally a shared universe.

As excited as I am for this house, I'm still bummed Creature from the Black Lagoon has yet to be included at any of the Hollywood's Universal Monsters houses :( Overall I do hope the house leans more into the Mummy lore, since it's been 4 years since we've seen him at the event in a house.

Kinda wish they'd put Creature or maybe Phantom in the place of Wolf Man since they were both considerably less represented in previous mazes compared to him, but I imagine its a case of both cost and recognizability.
Really looking forward to this though, given that Bride was kinda my surprise favorite from last year.

Reactions: MacMillian Crew
I do wish we could've seen Phantom here. I was really pleasantly surprised when he had a large section in the original maze, but he's been awol since then.

Though you know who would've been really fun to see in a maze again? Invisible Man. If you're worried about doing a whole maze or a section of a maze with the blacklight effect, take that one part at the end of the movie where you see his skull and muscles and run with it. Maybe the potion is wearing off and he wants the amulet to continue his reign of terror.

Just wanted to point out that the article states (and what was probably already obvious), but Slash is doing the music for this maze!

As excited as I am for this house, I'm still bummed Creature from the Black Lagoon has yet to be included at any of the Hollywood's Universal Monsters houses :( Overall I do hope the house leans more into the Mummy lore, since it's been 4 years since we've seen him at the event in a house.

Given the way Hollywood produces its makeup, masks, and costumes, Creature is really expensive to execute. We're talking Demagorgons from Stranger Things-level intensity in terms of costuming hardware. (Now, you could argue there are more inexpensive solutions available, but...)

I had heard the original plan was "Dracula's Revenge," which seemed to tie in Hollywood's Dracula versus The Mummy idea. (Dracula, mourning the loss of his brides, seeks the amulet to gain new power, seek vengeance, etc.) The waters got muddied when Orlando wanted to use the Wolfman, which Hollywood had already utilized in 2019, leading to the current setup (which sounds like will mostly just throw Wolfman into planned Dracula/Mummy scenes).

Given the way Hollywood produces its makeup, masks, and costumes, Creature is really expensive to execute. We're talking Demagorgons from Stranger Things-level intensity in terms of costuming hardware. (Now, you could argue there are more inexpensive solutions available, but...)

I had heard the original plan was "Dracula's Revenge," which seemed to tie in Hollywood's Dracula versus The Mummy idea. (Dracula, mourning the loss of his brides, seeks the amulet to gain new power, seek vengeance, etc.) The waters got muddied when Orlando wanted to use the Wolfman, which Hollywood had already utilized in 2019, leading to the current setup (which sounds like will mostly just throw Wolfman into planned Dracula/Mummy scenes).

Ah man. That original plan sounds way cooler.

This sounds more Dracula vs. The Mummy with Wolfman just having some cameos only for the sake of pleasing the East Coast's story. I thought Wolfie got a pretty good chunk of time in Frankie meets Wolfie, so I am personally glad to hear that.

Yeah I figured cost was most likely a primary factor. I remember 4 years ago on here when we were all bring that up when the Creature wasn't included in the Universal Monster's maze that year, even when Murdy was giving that presentation about the house at Scare LA. Not to mention the following year, when Orlando did include the Creature in their version of the house. I just hope when the year comes, they manage to allocate enough of the budget to execute a Creature from the Black Lagoon house, so that it will hopefully be really atmospheric and intense; even if they have to make it another versus house, having another iconic Universal monster fight the Creature.

It has officially happened! Universal Hollywood already has "Preview Merch" for this year's HHN event! While not heavily promoted like Orlando did last year, it seems Hollywood has snuck the new merch into the Production Central store in Citywalk with little to no fanfare!

Just like in the leaked image from the website update, there is a shirt & ornament. It doesn't feature the actual house name "Legends Collide", but it is definitely a bi-coastal shirt due to no mention of Orlando/Hollywood
Screenshot_20220522-224907_YouTube.jpgScreenshot_20220522-221147_YouTube.jpgScreenshot_20220522-221116_YouTube.jpg

Again, these are currently available in the old Cartooniversal location of Citywalk that Production Central has taken over while that location is under construction.

Getting testing this soon means the maze should be dang near perfection by opening day. They have TWO MONTHS to just test. That's pretty insane.

Reactions: pigboy
Anubis masks... with glowing eyes it seems...

I told y'all Murdy said we'd be getting some glowing eyes on the masks this year.
Looks dope! I think Murdy said this was going to be a stilt walker as well.
It'll be interesting to see how many times he comes up in the maze.