HHN 2024: Tips, Tricks & Planning Thread | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 2024: Tips, Tricks & Planning Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Amaze Its Beautiful GIF

• Haha
Reactions: Wesker69
Not sure if anybody really asked for this, but here is a list of movies to watch to understand the houses this year, ranked in order from most to least essential:

Universal Monsters: Eternal Bloodlines
  • Dracula’s Daughter (1936)
  • The Mummy (1932)
  • She-Wolf of London (1946)
  • Bride of Frankenstein (1935)
A Quiet Place
  • A Quiet Place (2018)
  • A Quiet Place Part II (2020)
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Legacy of Leatherface
  • The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)
  • The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 (1986)
  • Leatherface: Texas Chainsaw Massacre III (1990)
  • Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation (1994)
  • The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003)
  • The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning (2006)
  • Texas Chainsaw 3D (2013)
Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire
  • Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire (2024)
  • Ghostbusters (1984)
  • Ghostbusters: Afterlife (2021)
  • Ghostbusters II (1989)
Insidious: The Further
  • Insidious: The Red Door (2023)
  • Insidious: The Last Key (2018)
  • Insidious: Chapter 3 (2015)
  • Insidious: Chapter 2 (2013)
  • Insidious (2010)
Terror Tram: Enter the Blumhouse
  • M3GAN (2022)
  • The Black Phone (2021)
  • Freaky (2020)
  • Happy Death Day (2017)
  • The Purge (2013)
  • Happy Death Day 2U (2019)

So the plan this year will be my same plan as the last couple: going opening night, and then going at least once more, if not twice (last year was able to go three times total). I'm very lucky this year to be able to attend opening night as a creator guest thanks to my influencer buddy who's gotten me into Knott's for free a few times, too, so I'll have Express. I'm willing (and admittedly privileged enough) to cough up Express ticket dough for the repeat visit (or visits).

I'm so done with strict planning, or having to go upwards of five or six times with an FFP just to do everything, and I know that makes me part of the problem, so apologies to all lol.

Can't wait for Thursday!

Reactions: Jake S
So the plan this year will be my same plan as the last couple: going opening night, and then going at least once more, if not twice (last year was able to go three times total). I'm very lucky this year to be able to attend opening night as a creator guest thanks my influencer buddy whose gotten me into Knott's for free a few times, too, so I'll have Express. I'm willing (and admittedly privileged enough) to cough up Express ticket dough for the repeat visit (or visits).

I'm so done with strict planning, or having to go upwards of five or six times with an FFP just to do everything, and I know that makes me part of the problem, so apologies to all lol.

Can't wait for Thursday!
Everyone does what they can

Gotta use your advantages that you have

I'm hoping to get Express Thursday

I'll also post what I see when I go, I should be going twice a week on Average with my FFP.

After not having visited USH for WAY too long, I'll be making my grand return on Saturday and I am beyond excited. Especially psyched for the Studio Tour, Super Nintendo World, and my first West Coast HHN. We've snagged After 2 PM tickets with Express and planning on not even glancing at Potter, Minions, or anything like that we can basically do in Orlando... except for Dufftoberfest! We're particularly interested in the Terror Tram, The Purge, and Chucky as the most unique offerings there. We want to do as many houses as we can, of course, but recognize that it might be tricky on a madhouse Saturday even with Express, so any general strategies would be much appreciated. I think we're pretty committed to staying until closing (despite doing a 10K at Disneyland early in the morning ) so I'm wondering if maybe the crowds thin out after midnight the way they usually do in Orlando. We’re planning on getting there around 1 PM so we can poke around CityWalk and have a little lunch before we start. I’m curious if there’s one of the garages in particular we should try to shoot for that’ll make it easiest to get out at the end of the night or if the Preferred/Front Gate parking is worth it? Thanks for any advice you have and see y’all in the Universal City fog! :globe::pumpkin::pride:

After not having visited USH for WAY too long, I'll be making my grand return on Saturday and I am beyond excited. Especially psyched for the Studio Tour, Super Nintendo World, and my first West Coast HHN. We've snagged After 2 PM tickets with Express and planning on not even glancing at Potter, Minions, or anything like that we can basically do in Orlando... except for Dufftoberfest! We're particularly interested in the Terror Tram, The Purge, and Chucky as the most unique offerings there. We want to do as many houses as we can, of course, but recognize that it might be tricky on a madhouse Saturday even with Express, so any general strategies would be much appreciated. I think we're pretty committed to staying until closing (despite doing a 10K at Disneyland early in the morning ) so I'm wondering if maybe the crowds thin out after midnight the way they usually do in Orlando. We’re planning on getting there around 1 PM so we can poke around CityWalk and have a little lunch before we start. I’m curious if there’s one of the garages in particular we should try to shoot for that’ll make it easiest to get out at the end of the night or if the Preferred/Front Gate parking is worth it? Thanks for any advice you have and see y’all in the Universal City fog! :globe::pumpkin::pride:
I’d start lower lot and when you hit an area like the lower lot, once your done you don’t gone back. The escalators alone are almost 30 mins going up and down

So hit an area and be done with it afterwards, also the tram closes early so don’t wait too long to get on that

Reactions: Mr. EPCOT
Not sure if anybody really asked for this, but here is a list of movies to watch to understand the houses this year, ranked in order from most to least essential:

Universal Monsters: Eternal Bloodlines
  • Dracula’s Daughter (1936)
  • The Mummy (1932)
  • She-Wolf of London (1946)
  • Bride of Frankenstein (1935)
A Quiet Place
  • A Quiet Place (2018)
  • A Quiet Place Part II (2020)
  • Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation (1994)
Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire
  • Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire (2024)
  • Ghostbusters (1984)
  • Ghostbusters: Afterlife (2021)
  • Ghostbusters II (1989)
Insidious: The Further
  • Insidious: The Red Door (2023)
  • Insidious: The Last Key (2018)
  • Insidious: Chapter 3 (2015)
  • Insidious: Chapter 2 (2013)
  • Insidious (2010)
Terror Tram: Enter the Blumhouse
  • M3GAN (2022)
  • The Black Phone (2021)
  • Freaky (2020)
  • Happy Death Day (2017)
  • The Purge (2013)
  • Happy Death Day 2U (2019)
I’ve actually been looking for just this. Thank you!

Reactions: cdogsumo
Make sure you check out SLOP too. Don’t underestimate it, it’s pretty cute and has lots of nice effects, plus it’s like 8 minutes of AC

• Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation (1994) **1995
You forgot:
- Leatherface (2017)
- TCM (2022)

Murdy did specify that all 9 iterations are featured since it's a "legacy" tribute.

Just got confirmation, USH is still not allowing you to bring in sealed water bottles and you have to dump out any water in personal metal water bottles as well

Mainly a heads up because the heat is going to be insane the first nights of the event, so basically from security until you either get into the park or can go off to the restroom on the right hand side before you enter you will not have water with you. So plan ahead as much as you can

Reactions: Jake S
You forgot:
- Leatherface (2017)
- TCM (2022)

Murdy did specify that all 9 iterations are featured since it's a "legacy" tribute.
Good call. IMDb has it as a 1994 movie (not sure why). It was also called The Return of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre originally. What a mess.

The IU article about Texas Chainsaw says it is the original up through Texas Chainsaw 3D so that is what I was basing it off of. I guess I also assumed Netflix would need to give their blessing since they “distributed” those two. Not sure if that’s the case though.