HHN 2024: Tips, Tricks & Planning Thread | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 2024: Tips, Tricks & Planning Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm amazed that Bloodlines is getting no traffic. Universal Monsters tend to do okay. My only theory is confusion to where the line is. There's no way word of mouth spread to GP that it's terrible yet. Something like Dead Exposure getting higher traffic is a little strange to me, but maybe people just think "cool, zombies." Maybe the title Bloodlines is unclear what monsters are present.
I'd guess confusing entrance, both due to its weird fusing with Jurassic World, and the fact that it's a weirder location post-2017 regulars aren't accustomed to. (Even I forgot a good handful of times where everything was supposed to be this year despite keeping track of construction.) A later opening for Early Entry, so a lot of people arent sticking around on the lower lot for it or returning later in the night if they've done everything else down there, and lukewarm word of mouth, though I'd consider that to be the lesser factor since we're still early.

Reactions: Jake S and Clive
I'd guess confusing entrance, both due to its weird fusing with Jurassic World, and the fact that it's a weirder location post-2017 regulars aren't accustomed to. (Even I forgot a good handful of times where everything was supposed to be this year despite keeping track of construction.) A later opening for Early Entry, so a lot of people arent sticking around on the lower lot for it or returning later in the night if they've done everything else down there, and lukewarm word of mouth, though I'd consider that to be the lesser factor since we're still early.

I think this is right on. The key art also doesn't super clearly communicate who the monsters are, whereas Unmasked put Phantom front and center, while Legends Collide clearly featured Mummy, Dracula, Wolfman. Not many folks are familiar with Dracula's Daughter (and certainly not this more directly monstrous version of her), Saskia Van Helsing is a new character, and the Bride is fairly small in the image.

Reactions: Wesker69 and Jake S
The wait times look pretty much identical to last night at peak time. With that in mind, they really need to start putting the least popular house in the Curious George location that doesn't have to wait in that parking garage. I feel terrible for anyone stuck in line for Insious, it's absolutely miserable. That wait specifically is a huge part of why I don't think I can ever go with a General ticket again on a peak day.

I'm curious if we will see any other tactics to sell tickets after this weekend from Universal. I don't think the execs are going to be happy they still haven't sold out a general day yet.

Reactions: chris.g
Guests were very confused by the dual entrance to Bloodlines/Jurassic World on the night I was visiting. It could stand to be more clear.

I am gonna genuinely bring this up again (even if I beat it to the head),

they should've found a way to have the SNW area "Open" with Mario Kart restricted to 2PM Day/Night, Express and RIP. It should've been the Potter of the Lower Lot in allowing it to act as a proper bypass, as I'd imagine it would be somewhat more identifiable and easy to navigate than that of the Jurassic situation.

Reactions: Disneyland/DCA
They really need to start putting the least popular house in the Curious George location that doesn't have to wait in that parking garage. I feel terrible for anyone stuck in line for Insious, it's absolutely miserable.
I'm honestly just grateful the heat wave is over for now, the mist fans blending with the insane heat and people packed in down there made it feel like a florida summer simulator. No matter how unbearable it is now with bigger crowds I'm just glad its 70 degrees unbearable instead of how it was last week.