Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 22 Construction

Yeah the barn would be pretty creepy I just hope the zombies look better than the ones in Zombie gras.

^ That was one of the biggest letdowns of that house. Yes letdowns is plural.

I've heard extremely mixed reviews for that house...some hated it...some loved the atmosphere and the fire and really liked it.

I can't say personally. Only houses I've been in were from 2011.

Would you be disappointed at the use of the fire effect? was it that bad, or just not what you hoped for?

^ That was one of the biggest letdowns of that house. Yes letdowns is plural.

I couldn't agree more. That year I went to the event almost every night, like every year an I went in that house maby 9 times total. Each time equally sucked all around.

I've heard extremely mixed reviews for that house...some hated it...some loved the atmosphere and the fire and really liked it.

Would you be disappointed at the use of the fire effect? was it that bad, or just not what you hoped for?
The fire was done outside and you basicly walked by a window with the flames on the other side.. pretty lame.
The house was just OK, I did like the ash floating around effect. Open flames and the sheer volume of people that go through their houses will never mix. I don't see any way the Fire Marshall would ever allow it.

I know it's a bit counter productive but we need to keep speculation in the speculation thread. We should try and keep this strictly update oriented so everything will be easier to find when you go "Ah, what date did we find out there was an RV in Disaster?" and then you only have to dig through 3 or 4 pages instead of 20 or 30. I know I'm not the only one who does that either. :lol:

I shouldn't say I would be disappointed if they used it again since I now know what to expect. But the original plans for the effect and what came to be were two totally different things. Imagine going through an elaborate house that smelled of burnt building only to walk up on a propane BBQ grill that shot a small 3 foot flame up for a split second. On top of that the BBQ grill was outside and totally disconnected with the overall atmosphere of the house.

I personally didn't like the house overall. I thought the atmosphere was great but there were some serious flaws in the house including hiding spots, staff, crap fire effect, and lack of spookiness.

Designing the Fear posted this picture.

AvIXAJfCMAAUzm0.jpg

Went through the Disaster queue yesterday and it looked like the first few walls to the houses were going up. There was also a tool room that I seemed to see, but that's probably for construction. Also, I saw some some people walking out of SS44 with A&D on the back of their shirts this past weekend.