Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 23: An American Werewolf in London

I agree and wonder why they didn't do that here. They had this distraction scare on the opening scene in other houses... It would have worked very well to have the bartender distract us and get blindsided by one of the unwelcoming patrons of the Slaughtered Lamb. I'm gonna guess it's a staffing / budget issue.

I agree and wonder why they didn't do that here. They had this distraction scare on the opening scene in other houses... It would have worked very well to have the bartender distract us and get blindsided by one of the unwelcoming patrons of the Slaughtered Lamb. I'm gonna guess it's a staffing / budget issue.

Agreed

Or John Landis may have wanted it that way. Considering how picky he apparently was regarding the look and layout of this house he might have thought it best to just leave empty. Maybe his first choice would've been to fill it with actors and when that was deemed unfeasible he opted for the empty look.

I personally like the lack of actors in the scene. It's creepy. The soundtrack playing portrays a lot of people meaning having one actor would look stupid. The way it is now is effective in that the voices are like echoes. The empty bar also suggests we are walking in right after the patrons left to go find David and rescue him from the Wolf. In all honestly, this is a case where less was more IMO.

All of you guys drooling over the werewolf puppets need to take a trip to Netherworld in Atlanta. :p

I stopped by there on my way back from Orlando. A giant hand tried to wrap its fingers around me. I'd seen them post a picture of it on Facebook a while ago, but I didn't think the fingers were actually capable of flexing. Definitely an omgwtf moment, lol.

All of you guys drooling over the werewolf puppets need to take a trip to Netherworld in Atlanta. :p

I stopped by there on my way back from Orlando. A giant hand tried to wrap its fingers around me. I'd seen them post a picture of it on Facebook a while ago, but I didn't think the fingers were actually capable of flexing. Definitely an omgwtf moment, lol.

Seriously. Or the giant demonic clown head in Circus of Superstition over at Howl-O-Scream. The werewolves are impressive, but you all act like they reinvented the wheel here...

It wasn't so much the werewolves being impressive, it was the blend of set design, costumes, layout, scares, AND the werewolves that made the house so great IMO. I haven't been to Netherworld, so I can't speak to that. But I can say that one cool puppet in Circus of Superstition doesn't compare to the wolves in AWiL simply because Circus of Superstition lacked the layout, story, set design, etc. of Universal's house.

It wasn't so much the werewolves being impressive, it was the blend of set design, costumes, layout, scares, AND the werewolves that made the house so great IMO. I haven't been to Netherworld, so I can't speak to that. But I can say that one cool puppet in Circus of Superstition doesn't compare to the wolves in AWiL simply because Circus of Superstition lacked the layout, story, set design, etc. of Universal's house.

Oh, well yeah, I friggin' loved this maze. Definitely my favorite. I just don't understand why Universal shies away from puppets and animatronics so much (to the point that you guys get SO EXCITED when there's a maze that actually has them).

Oh, well yeah, I friggin' loved this maze. Definitely my favorite. I just don't understand why Universal shies away from puppets and animatronics so much (to the point that you guys get SO EXCITED when there's a maze that actually has them).

It's funny I was just looking at the Netherworld thread after you mentioned it and Im pretty sure it was you who answered your own confused sentiment in a post over there...Universal has more crowds that make capacity (and people tearing the puppets to shreds) an issue. Puppets and such aren't feasible with an event that large. So yeah it was cool that they could incorporate them despite the events size and logistics.