Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 23: Cabin in the Woods

Jan 22, 2008
Orlando, FL
1235469_10151643716148233_1807118736_n.jpg

Experience a live recreation of the film that ripped the horror genre inside out. Beneath the cabin’s rustic appearance lies a secret facility that unleashes terrifying beings that you thought only existed in nightmares.

Entrance: Between the Universal Studios Store & Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem

Thoughts? Opinions? Predictions? All "Cabin in the Woods" discussion goes here.​

I freaking LOVE this movie. So smart and so entertaining. Hopefully they don't overlap with Evil Dead, but instead just go with "the purge" as an entire house concept. Sucks that i can't make it this year.

Last edited:
This is a house that many, including myself, have waited years for. A truly awesome concept finally brought to life.

According to Inside The Magic, the finale will feature not only monsters from the facility, but familiar faces from HHN as well..

Universal isn’t pulling any punches when it comes to the film’s over-the-top gore either. Aiello admitted, “There is a lot of gore in this maze. The elevator chamber literally from floor to ceiling is covered in blood.” And while there will be no giant demon god ending the experience, there will be a massive gathering of characters from the film - and Aiello added that a few of Universal’s own creations from the past will find their way in.

Sounds awesome. The same article also claims that the house will be in a soundstage.

How is this a concept house it is going to be a IP house based on a film? Wasn't a fan of the movie so not that exciting to me. Would like to see it on the behind the screams tour be some good pics.

The movie is only one year old. :lol:

I really thought this came out in like 2010, 2011 at the latest. That's what you get for not Googling. :lol:

It seemed like a perfect fit for HHN... It was just a matter of time. I'm a little shocked it's going to be in a sounstage, however. I pegged this as a Disaster queue house.

It seemed like a perfect fit for HHN... It was just a matter of time. I'm a little shocked it's going to be in a sounstage, however. I pegged this as a Disaster queue house.

Perhaps, being a SS house, they'll really be able to realize the scope and size of the facility scenes. If I remember correctly the final scenes in the facility have some fairly large-scale sets that could make great use of the space.

I just really hope they focus on the facility scenes. With Evil Dead supposedly sharing a SS with CiTW, having two houses that end up being "cabins in the woods" would feel a little...odd.

I've determined if they want to differentiate it best they'll start this house in the facility and we'll have about 4 cabin show scenes, then back to the facility. I'm hoping they use a giant prop hand or something for the final scene and we actually get to see more of the ancients.

I've determined if they want to differentiate it best they'll start this house in the facility and we'll have about 4 cabin show scenes, then back to the facility. I'm hoping they use a giant prop hand or something for the final scene and we actually get to see more of the ancients.

Unfortunately they've already confirmed multiple times that we won't be seeing the gods/ancients in the finale - it'll be an onslaught of characters, ala last year's House of Horrors finale.