Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 23: Evil Dead

Jan 22, 2008
Orlando, FL
1011493_10151643716213233_831443305_n.jpg

Relive “The Most Terrifying Film You Will Ever Experience” as gruesome Deadites try to possess your soul. There is nowhere to hide as every creaking floor board and tangled vine is ready to pull you down, making you one with the Evil Dead

Entrance: In front of the NYC Library facade

Thoughts? Opinions? Predictions? All "Evil Dead" discussion goes here.​

Thoughts? Opinions? Predictions? All "Cabin in the Woods" discussion goes here.

Ermmm... I think you mean "Evil Dead" :p

Honestly, I feel meh at best about this house at the moment. Then again, I haven't seen the remake. Waiting for my copy to arrive from the Amazon.com fairy tomorrow.

Raining blood sounds really cool... and I liked the film well enough.

Problem is it's just too close to the Cabin in the Woods sans the third act. It'll just feel repetitive, IMO.

This movie was probably the best, scariest and goriest Horror film I've seen in a long time. And on top of all that it demands to be re watched over and over again. I really am having a tough time deciding if I'm more excited for Evil Dead, The Walking Dead 2 or The Cabin In The Woods house. I might have to give the edge to The Evil Dead since it's the scariest/goriest! And a Side Note if your a fan of Horror movies I recommend the VHS 1 and 2 movies. They really were so much scarier and better than most Horror movies that have come out for awhile.

Looks like the official name of the maze may be "Evil Dead: Book of the Dead". It did come from HHN Hollywood's twitter account though so I don't know if it'll apply to Orlando's.

Awesome news, and the fact that both houses this year seem to be hyping the gore factor, I think this year will be pretty brutal.

Also, I foresee very little of the CitW house taking place in the Cabin, so I'm not too worried about overlap.

Awesome news, and the fact that both houses this year seem to be hyping the gore factor, I think this year will be pretty brutal.

Also, I foresee very little of the CitW house taking place in the Cabin, so I'm not too worried about overlap.
It's a horror event, they always hype up the gore for these announcements. IGN covered the story as well as some other big entertainment sites, i'm sure they wanted to make it sound as good as possible. Not saying it won't be great, because I hope it will be, but if we believed everything in press releases or in marketing, ticket prices are going up because of "guest demand", Antarctica is actually a good ride and FLE is the largest expansion in MK's history. :lol:

It's a horror event, they always hype up the gore for these announcements. IGN covered the story as well as some other big entertainment sites, i'm sure they wanted to make it sound as good as possible. Not saying it won't be great, because I hope it will be, but if we believed everything in press releases or in marketing, ticket prices are going up because of "guest demand", Antarctica is actually a good ride and FLE is the largest expansion in MK's history. :lol:

Well, the last few years have been pretty light on the gore. I'd say the fact that they're calling out scenes that are in the houses, that'll be different this year

Well, the last few years have been pretty light on the gore. I'd say the fact that they're calling out scenes that are in the houses, that'll be different this year
Oh no doubt. I'll form an opinion after the event starts, but I definitely have high hopes.

It has a lot of potential. One of the better horror movies I've seen in a while. I want them to capture the gritty but stylized feel. If they can capture that essence and it be heavy on scares it could be one of the better houses we'll see.

It has a lot of potential. One of the better horror movies I've seen in a while. I want them to capture the gritty but stylized feel. If they can capture that essence and it be heavy on scares it could be one of the better houses we'll see.

I'm just a little worried that in essence there's only one memorable "antagonist" and how it can be a little repetitive. I know a lot of people, myself included, have wanted to see this, though.

All in all, I'm excited... but I'm not sure how it will play out.

I'm just a little worried that in essence there's only one memorable "antagonist" and how it can be a little repetitive. I know a lot of people, myself included, have wanted to see this, though.

They can realistically use 4 protagonist and much more for the event. I fully expect to see Natalie with her arm half ripped off.

Well, there's essentially six characters they can use, since they're all possessed at some point (and one's a Deadite). That's assuming they don't have an Ash cameo at the end. I too am worried about it becoming really repetitive, much like 2011's THING house having the same creature appear 3 times each out of context... boy, that was an incoherent mess.

This house could work if they amp up the gore and find a way to keep the scare actors/scenes varied. We'll see.

Well, there's essentially six characters they can use, since they're all possessed at some point (and one's a Deadite). That's assuming they don't have an Ash cameo at the end. I too am worried about it becoming really repetitive, much like 2011's THING house having the same creature appear 3 times each out of context... boy, that was an incoherent mess.

This house could work if they amp up the gore and find a way to keep the scare actors/scenes varied. We'll see.

The movie isn't exactly fresh in my head.. but it felt like the only one who was possessed for an extended amount of time was Mia.. there wasn't anything overly memorable about the others. I need to watch it again for sure.

They can realistically use 4 protagonist and much more for the event. I fully expect to see Natalie with her arm half ripped off.

I'd bet on it.

I guess we will see:
Nurse glass ceiling.
The hippy pin cushion.
16 Penny, Penny, Penny... I mean blondie whatever.
Tree hugger Mia.
Bad complexion Mia.
Sears Die Hard Mia.
And bunch of dead cats

All right movie, not all that scary, the original is better.

The battery defibrillator scene was so bad.... groan.
And the arm removal was just as bad, in both cases!

I could be wrong I just don't think this will make a good house.