Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 23: Evil Dead

^^^I don't agree that the movie was bad. It's a different kind of movie than the original, and the kind of movie the original wanted to be but couldn't at the time.

As long as they have the scene with the girl sawing off her arm, some kind of nail gun scene, and of course the chainsaw then I think it will be decent. The press release photo with Mia peeking out of the cellar could make a good scene if they did one of those where the scareactor is above you.

Definitely not as scary a movie as the studio's advertising department made it out to be (GIVE ME THE UNRATED VERSION). It was missing the element of surprise, for me.gory as hell, though.

I think a physical version of this would be fantastic. That will provide me with the element of surprise I feel the movie was missing.

As long as they have the scene with the girl sawing off her arm, some kind of nail gun scene, and of course the chainsaw then I think it will be decent. The press release photo with Mia peeking out of the cellar could make a good scene if they did one of those where the scareactor is above you.

Definitely! As I was watching the movie last night, I was particularly thinking that they should do a (compressed-air) nail gun scare.

I wonder if they will include both the prologue and Mia's story, or just the latter. If they decide to use the prologue, they could have the possessed girl tied up to the post screaming at everyone, and then the creepy religious people could jump out and surprise scare you. Also, I think it would add another element of gore and surprise if splashed you with some (water) "blood" in certain scenes. I don't know how or if they could make it work, but it would be a lot better if the deadites just f:censored:ing curse you out like there's no f:censored:ing tomorrow :saw: :cheers:

Definitely! As I was watching the movie last night, I was particularly thinking that they should do a (compressed-air) nail gun scare.

I wonder if they will include both the prologue and Mia's story, or just the latter. If they decide to use the prologue, they could have the possessed girl tied up to the post screaming at everyone, and then the creepy religious people could jump out and surprise scare you. Also, I think it would add another element of gore and surprise if splashed you with some (water) "blood" in certain scenes. I don't know how or if they could make it work, but it would be a lot better if the deadites just f:censored:ing curse you out like there's no f:censored:ing tomorrow :saw: :cheers:

Yeah, I'd also like to see some relentless, obscene insults being screamed out. It adds a sense of unsettling humor to it all. I just watched this again last night and if the makeup department does as good a job as the film crew, the bathroom scene with the nurse could be terrifying if she comes at you with a piece of broken mirror. I think we'll definitely see the arm carving, a basement room, and the tree scene. A tree scene could be really impressive and overwhelming if done right.

Yeah, I'd also like to see some relentless, obscene insults being screamed out. It adds a sense of unsettling humor to it all. I just watched this again last night and if the makeup department does as good a job as the film crew, the bathroom scene with the nurse could be terrifying if she comes at you with a piece of broken mirror. I think we'll definitely see the arm carving, a basement room, and the tree scene. A tree scene could be really impressive and overwhelming if done right.

I wouldn't expect too much language - if any at all. Certainly no f-or-c-bombs. Maybe a b#### here or there. Explicit and adult content at HHN has been watered down over the past few years in the hopes of not offending anyone. (F-bombs are censored in B&T, remember.)

Gore remains to be seen. This could be a return to form...

I wouldn't expect too much language - if any at all. Certainly no f-or-c-bombs. Maybe a b#### here or there. Explicit and adult content at HHN has been watered down over the past few years in the hopes of not offending anyone. (F-bombs are censored in B&T, remember.)

Gore remains to be seen. This could be a return to form...

I'm surprised that they would keep it clean for an adult-like event. But the gore really is all that matters. Especially for the Evil Dead. Don't get me wrong, i loved the new movie, but other than looking absolutely beautiful, it wasn't anything special. Some parts of the script made me cringe (when it didn't intend to). They really need to have this thing be a no-holds-barred bloody spectacle.

I can see some good scares with this house, especially a chainsaw scare... God... Imagine walking through the basement with all those dead cats and all those religious people jumping out. Effin terrifying.

Specifically what was said was that homages in the remake to the original may appear in the house, but that there would be no mention of anything that wasn't in the remake.

From the HHN Twitter:

I was in [HASHTAG]#EvilDead[/HASHTAG] and hungry for something but I couldn't find the turkey carver... [HASHTAG]#allitneedsisblood[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#dontcutit[/HASHTAG]

BRgb8HNCIAAFpO2.jpg:large

Our scenic and decor teams are absolutely top notch... This maze IS the movie in every way! [HASHTAG]#EvilDead[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#HHN23[/HASHTAG]

I just watched the original the other night, are there any major differences between the two that might require me to watch the new one so I can catch everything in the house?

I consider them two different movies. The same idea is there, but that's about it between the two. How the Evil is destroyed, the kills, they're all different. It does pay homage in many, many places though. I'd check it out with that mindset.

Holy hell. I just finished watching the new one and I am super excited for this house now. The movie was definitely a stomach churner.