Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 24: Dracula Untold: Reign of Blood

Jan 22, 2008
Orlando, FL

HHN-2014-Dracula-PR-Image-sans-txt-620x400.jpg

Thoughts? Opinions? Predictions? All "Dracula Untold" discussion goes here.

Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Orlando Resort breathe new life into history’s most notorious vampire, Vlad Tepes, the real life 13th century ruler and inspiration for “Bram Stoker’s Dracula” in a terrifying new “Halloween Horror Nights” maze, “Dracula Untold: Reign of Blood.”

Beginning, Friday, September 19, 2014, guests can feast on this immersive preview of Universal Pictures’ upcoming epic action-adventure Dracula Untold. Starring Luke Evans, the origin story of the man who became Dracula arrives in theaters on October 17.

“Dracula Untold: Reign of Blood” will introduce guests to the sadistic Transylvanian ruler Vlad Tepes, known as “Vlad the Impaler,” who infamously tortured his enemies by impaling them alive with a wooden stake and suspending their bodies. The foreboding maze will also shed an ominous light on the one-time hero, turned blood-thirsty-tyrant, who chose to embrace unholy powers in order to defeat his enemies. “Dracula Untold: Reign of Blood” will spiral guests through Dracula’s eternal damnation, where the thirst for blood is never-ending.

Universal Studios’ “Halloween Horror Nights” events have a more than 20-year history of creating incredibly entertaining, horrifying Halloween experiences that are consistently rated the nation’s best. The events on each coast feature highly-themed, disturbingly real, haunted mazes based on everything from films to nightmares – and streets filled with hundreds of specially trained “scareactors.” Other announced “Halloween Horror Nights” experiences include, “The Walking Dead: The End of the Line,” “From Dusk Till Dawn,” “Face Off: In the Flesh,” “The Purge: Anarchy” and “AVP: Alien vs. Predator.”

In addition to “Dracula Untold: Reign of Blood,” other “Halloween Horror Night” attractions will include “The Walking Dead: The End of the Line,” based on AMC’s hit TV series, “From Dusk Till Dawn,” inspired by inspired by Robert Rodriguez’s cult film and El Rey network’s TV Series, “AVP: Alien vs. Predator,” based on the Twentieth Century Fox film franchise, “Face Off: In the Flesh,” based on Syfy’s TV series, and “Purge: Anarchy,” a new scare zone inspired by Universal Pictures’ blockbuster thriller.

Source: http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3307076/unis-horror-nights-adds-dracula-untold-reign-blood/

So untold isn't happening Jake? My opinion is specifically said in the description, "epic action adventure". The only thing horror about this so far is the name Dracula and that's why I'm so incredibly unexcited about this maze. It also doesn't help that I have to wait until the MIDDLE October to find out what the hell is going on in this maze. Seriously one of the lamest announcements to date

You seriously think mazes are that hard to follow?

Okay...
They aren't but I would definitely appriciate it way more if I could catch certain details or know any characters whatsoever in the maze. It makes me feel like I'm not getting the true horror nights experience where I just add it to a marathon and it's disappointing to say the least

Just sat the trailer for the film for like the sixth time when I saw Guardians again last night. There is literally nothing in the trailer that would even fit in a HHN House, except the scene where he becomes the Vampire. The rest of the trailer is filled with big epic fight scenes and Kamikaze bats...

Hoping we at least get a bad ass castle facade. Can anyone confirm this is a soundstage house?

I mean, the movie isn't going to be anything earth shattering as far as plot points. He's Vlad, he sells his soul to become Dracula, we know this already. The house shouldn't be that hard to follow. :lol:

Just sat the trailer for the film for like the sixth time when I saw Guardians again last night. There is literally nothing in the trailer that would even fit in a HHN House, except the scene where he becomes the Vampire. The rest of the trailer is filled with big epic fight scenes and Kamikaze bats...

Hoping we at least get a bad ass castle facade. Can anyone confirm this is a soundstage house?

HHN confirmed on Twitter it's a Soundstage.

Given that this seems to be the house with the lowest expectations, I could see it as being the sleeper hit of the year.

I mean, the movie isn't going to be anything earth shattering as far as plot points. He's Vlad, he sells his soul to become Dracula, we know this already. The house shouldn't be that hard to follow. :lol:
Well I'm not really worried that I'm not going to understand it but more on the lines that I can't appriciate it more than I would if I saw the movie beforehand

- - - Updated - - -

Given that this seems to be the house with the lowest expectations, I could see it as being the sleeper hit of the year.

That sounds about right, it's in a soundstage and it'll be in a crazy castle so we already know the sets are gonna be incredible (could add props and rooms from 19 and maybe some winters night). I guess we'll have to go for ourselves to see what monsters complement it

Well I'm not really worried that I'm not going to understand it but more on the lines that I can't appriciate it more than I would if I saw the movie beforehand

I agree and disagree with this sentiment.

Agree: I enjoy knowing how imposing a character is supposed to be when walking into a house like The Thing. I liked finding the Mickey in AWIL and I found it fun identifying the various items in the basement in CitW. Therefore, I understand this mentality BUT

Disagree: I understand and appreciate the details in the original houses too. I have nothing to compare them to and I take just as much joy in finding the little surprises in houses like HR Bloodengutz, Frankenstein: Creation of the Damned, and Legendary Truth: The Wyandot Estate as I do with the originals. Plus, houses like Nightingale's and Catacombs have gotten some of the best scares out of me and I had NO IDEA what creature I was going to come face to face with.

I definitely agree with your disagrees, exploring and making assumptions about the house is what makes an original house great. But when it comes to an IP house it's basically made so you can walk through your favorite horror properties and experience what the characters experienced. That's kind of the whole fun in bringing IPs to life. But if the IP isn't out yet then it's a commercial. This is still technically an IP house

If it's anything like the original Dracula house they did in 2009..I'm game..the problem is..it will probably be nothing like the Dracula house they did in 2009

If it's anything like the original Dracula house they did in 2009..I'm game..the problem is..it will probably be nothing like the Dracula house they did in 2009

I, too, am hoping it resembles 2009's Legacy in Blood. They did say that the one of (if not the) final scenes is the impaled victims, which makes me think of the opening room in 2009.
Given what they did with the 'impaled' zombies last year, I could see the finale room be the victims screaming in pain and lunging at us, while a fully vamped out Drac roams the room. If he were flying, that would be even better.

I'm not really sure how I feel about this one..

The whole "descent into madness" reminds me of Nevermore from 21 and obviously you think of Legacy of Blood from 19. There's potential. I'm not gonna write it off but I'm not excited for it either.

for me it is really hard to judge this house right now. by judging the trailer it doesn't seem like there is a lot of material for the house.
But if they make the house like the 2009 one then this could be in fact really good. Besides they might add more stuff, we don't really know.