Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 24: From Dusk Till Dawn

I see strollers parked out of houses all the time and it genuinely makes me sad that this poor child has to live with this dumbass of a parent. I can understand 8 and above but if your kid has trouble walking then your a straight up assh**e. But anyways, hopefully they don't dumb down this house. I want some bill and ted dancers with fangs. Cages will be a must, once saw a drunk try to grope a girl in afterlife last year

I've seen babies well under a year old being carried around. The worst was in the middle of a scarezone with thick fog effects and the chainsaw team not far away in the very next scarezone. Where they were heading was into an area with no way to get out without going through a different scarezone, the one they came through, or a house. I get really upset with them because that is probably not a good place for a baby to be, but more so that it forces Uni to make the event less intense.

Code I would assume they can't prevent babies from being brought into HHN because there are no age restrictions for anything, only height restrictions. I also don't want to come across as negative and say its a horrible event and hasn't been good since back in the day. They have done a great job and it is without a doubt my favorite special event of anywhere. They will of course have a few missteps along the way but still there is no where I would rather be.

Ahem.

Stripper Vampire talk please.

Stripper Vampire with babies talk?

I would love to see this house do well, it was a great vampire movie. As long as there is a scene with a vampire Tarentino getting killed and they do the bar justice it could be pretty fun.

I don't know why some are claiming that this IP was forced onto the event via marketing, especially when Aiello was first tweeting the "Altar" codename it was very clear A&D wanted it. In fact, A&D was pleasantly surprised when the higher ups let them have it. (Calling the Titty Twister "The Twister" is probably one of the things they did to help land it.)

This was definitely a house A&D had in the works, and if it didn't show up this year, it would've be made next year. With it being made, Ritual will just have to wait till next year.

Well how do you even market a show like this? It's not popular, critically panned and is only famous for its movie counterpart. It's not a gem by any sense of the word

Do you guys think that if the house is a success and the show gets more viewers, they'll bring it back again for future events like The Walking Dead?
Probably not, I don't think HHN would really effect the ratings of a show either. The geeks like us will probably watch the first season to get prepared for horror nights but we are a tiny percentage

Well how do you even market a show like this? It's not popular, critically panned and is only famous for its movie counterpart. It's not a gem by any sense of the word

Sex sells. Its a very sexy dark horror movie...why do you think the Species series were sucessful, I can tell you its not because of the story.

Where do you get the notion it's critically panned? According to aggregate sites (Like Metacritic), it's been generally favorable.

Where do you get the notion it's critically panned? According to aggregate sites (Like Metacritic), it's been generally favorable.

I've seen tons of terrible reviews, it's strange that metacritic of all websites is giving it a thumbs up

- - - Updated - - -

Sex sells. Its a very sexy dark horror movie...why do you think the Species series were sucessful, I can tell you its not because of the story.

Well that's the movie, anybody looking to watch a sexy TV show wouldn't be watching from dusk till dawn unless they had a very specific fetish

Did it help sale The Wolfman remake?.....but this is a show on Netflix. Sure HHN will boost the awareness of it. Don't expect breaking bad quality of a tv show. It's campy like the movie.

This seems pretty lame to me, if I go in this house it's just for the stripper vampires. I'm surprised Universal managed to do an IP house that excites me less than TWD.

We decided to re-watch the original Dusk til Dawn movie last night (tried to watch the series but couldn't find it). Usually after watching the movies associated with the houses I get way more pumped up seeing what all can be incorporated, but this time I'm just not sure how it can work. There are a few scenes that should definitely be in the house including the band, the vampires staked to the table, Sex Machine and his gun, Capt Vietnam, and preferably Tarentino getting staked.

I don't know how they can pull off the bar without having the sign at the entrance (please nothing before they get there) unless half of it is broken apart or something. The bar itself is wide open so it will be interesting to see what they can do with that. One thing is that I feel like this may feel somewhat repetitive with Walking Dead, these vampires are basically zombies with a few minor changes.

I think this house could go either way hopefully it will be awesome. I'd really like to see the series too but it doesn't seem to be streaming on anything.

I agree there is no way to do this without the sign. If you take the identifiable items away from this then it's just a generic vampire bar maze, at that point what's the point of the IP if your avoiding identifying with the IP. I'm a big FDTD fan and if done right I think this could easily be my all time favorite, I'm just a little concerned they are going to avoid associating the house with the more adult elements from the movie/show.

I haven't seen the show yet and didn't even know about until this announcement, but I see it is scheduled to begin streaming on Netflix on 8/19.

10 episodes in season 1 and they run about a hour (with commercials)

The show features the "Titty Twister" as well. Minus the language and nudity there quite alike.