Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 24: Roanoke Cannibal Colony

Really lame, even if they just re skinned the AWIL puppets I wouldn't be complaining

I am pretty sure they sent the wolf puppets to HHNH and if they didn't, they probably reskinned them to Aliens. At the end of the day, I think we all need to accept that puppets are expensive and we should only hope for one house using puppets per year (if that).
This argument could very quickly get into La Llorona Hollywood vs. Orlando territory and, really, that is not worthwhile. We got the puppets in AWIL and I would not have traded those for the La Llorona puppets. Just like, this year I would not trade Wendigo puppets for Alien puppets.
When I read descriptions of this house, I am reminded of Nightingale's. That house had the nurses change into more and more deformed creatures over time, and I expect the same thing to apply here. The fact that both groups are merciless man-eaters only strengthens that comparison.
In fact, new theory on the surprise ending: all the colonial cannibals get eaten by the Nightingale's nurses!
Cut, print it, that's a wrap!

Well this year will be very puppet heavy by the looks of it and I'm more than grateful for that. I just think it's a little odd that the wolf/deer monsters that are larger than life aren't getting the same treatment. I really don't think this is something you could pull off with a stilt walker. If a wendingo isn't in the house I'll be pretty disappointed. But hey that might just be me getting spoiled

Yeah, this project is appearing to fall way short of what I had envisioned. The image posted today on HHN twitter had me rolling my eyes and thinking, "oh, more zombies...".

BvPyKstIMAATwNN.jpg

I am not impressed.

Well this year will be very puppet heavy by the looks of it and I'm more than grateful for that. I just think it's a little odd that the wolf/deer monsters that are larger than life aren't getting the same treatment. I really don't think this is something you could pull off with a stilt walker. If a wendingo isn't in the house I'll be pretty disappointed. But hey that might just be me getting spoiled

Well, the Minotaur worked as a stilt walker in 2010 so it could work for a real Wendigo (assuming there is one in the house).

Well, the Minotaur worked as a stilt walker in 2010 so it could work for a real Wendigo (assuming there is one in the house).

If you're referring to Hades, the Minotaur wasn't on stilts... Cool scene in an overrated/mediocre house, in any a case.

I haven't been truly impressed by HHN's prosthetic effects in a number of years, so the underwhelming "first look" doesn't surprise me. Still, this is just one piece, and there could definitely be some more advanced stuff that isn't being shown.

If you're referring to Hades, the Minotaur wasn't on stilts... Cool scene in an overrated/mediocre house, in any a case.

I haven't been truly impressed by HHN's prosthetic effects in a number of years, so the underwhelming "first look" doesn't surprise me. Still, this is just one piece, and there could definitely be some more advanced stuff that isn't being shown.

Huh, I would have sworn that it was. That and the opening scene were my favorite scenes in the house. The costumes were good otherwise, but I agree the house was mediocre.

The press releases indicate that we will see the colonists in various states of decay so I am expecting a lot more than what the first look showed us. I think that will be phase one and they will get more and more disgusting looking as the house moves on (much like the nurses became less human and more monster as the house moved on). I am still excited for this house with or without an actual Wendigo in it (as Teebin seemed to be saying above) as I think it will be an intense experience.

This house will feature stilts.

Interesting. Maybe we will see a full Wendigo, then. I mean, stilts would work for the creature and I cannot think of anything else that would need stilts in this house if it is really all just cannibals. I keep returning to the transformation of the Nightingale's nurses idea and I think this would point more in that direction.

Yeah, this project is appearing to fall way short of what I had envisioned. The image posted today on HHN twitter had me rolling my eyes and thinking, "oh, more zombies...".

BvPyKstIMAATwNN.jpg

I am not impressed.

Regarding my previous post, I have been told to hold my horses (or wendigos as it were). Too funny.

I think I originally misread Teebin's second post. Reading it again, assuming I am reading it properly, he seems to imply that his jumping to the conclusion that this house was falling short of what he expected (i.e. Wendigos not colonists) might have been wrong. In which case, that means we get to see the creature. As pointed out above, this would gel with the addition of stiltwalkers.

I hope they explain all the stories for the original houses in a press conference or something because I'm kinda lost on this one. By the looks of the cannibal designs so far I'm just begging for a wendingo

At this point I think the options are we start out with a group of colonist cannibals who start transforming into the Wendigo creature OR we start out with a group of colonist cannibals who end up getting eaten/killed by the Wendigo creature. Either works and would explain the involvement of stilts.