Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 24: The Walking Dead: End of The Line

Well I care too but I rather have more houses. That or a 2008 street experience along with 8 houses. Obviously you can't have both together

losing the streets depresses the hell out of me to be honest, is the one thing you dont have to make 1 Hour lines for, It's the only thing you can take pics or videos of.

You take out the zones and you might as well never decorate the gate ever again or play horror music for that matter.

9 houses would be cool, but it would just be one more house that you would have to wait an hour in line, that's not really that much better.
To be honest I would trade an extra house for one more horror show. 3 shows, 8 houses and 6 zones would be better

This is a great conversation, Let's save it for once this year is wrapped up and we see how the lines level out. Once Rush and AP days are up.

I imagine IP's are here to stay and actually, after seeing Holloween this year, I think that can be a good thing. I am up here this week, and for the past two nights, Holloween and the walking dead seem to be keeping the longest lines. I would prefer they dropped the walking dead and would not want to see it back again next year, but from talking to guest in the park, it does seem to still be bringing people in (not scientific, just chatting to folks we've met the last couple of nights).

I was surprised at how they made it the 'biggest' house. It just makes me wonder if they have any place for a ninth house for what I could tell, the extra length for the walking dead this year is from the sections done outside of the sound stage (you star outside, go in to the sound stage, then finish back outside).

I know you all are saying money wise it takes up as much as having two houses, but do they really have room for more houses anywhere?

They have more room then you think. There are 8 SS, just some are being used for other uses. I don't believe we have ever used queue lines besides Disaster (and Jaws...rip) for houses.

Yeah after going this year I don't mind IPs any more and it's funny because besides halloween I personally thought all the IPs they picked this year sucked for one reason or another. Guess they just pulled them off so well that I didn't care when I went through them. My big thing is (this will never happen) that if they stay I want A&D to pick the IPs. Marketing is half the reason we got all the walking dead, Dracula untold and from dusk till dawn. Those could've easily been replaced with something worth while by the geniuses at A&D. Those are my thoughts

Yeah after going this year I don't mind IPs any more and it's funny because besides halloween I personally thought all the IPs they picked this year sucked for one reason or another. Guess they just pulled them off so well that I didn't care when I went through them. My big thing is (this will never happen) that if they stay I want A&D to pick the IPs. Marketing is half the reason we got all the walking dead, Dracula untold and from dusk till dawn. Those could've easily been replaced with something worth while by the geniuses at A&D. Those are my thoughts

I thought Dracula was great...Dusk was awful...and unfortunately Walking Dead was amazing...It really depends on the IP and whether or not A&D really cares about it...you could tell the houses that just existed as a billboard and those that existed from love..

I thought Dracula was great...Dusk was awful...and unfortunately Walking Dead was amazing...It really depends on the IP and whether or not A&D really cares about it...you could tell the houses that just existed as a billboard and those that existed from love..
Oh no the houses were all good I'm just saying they could've been based on something good than something mediocre. I definitely agree there was just no real love and care put into them

I imagine IP's are here to stay and actually, after seeing Holloween this year, I think that can be a good thing. I am up here this week, and for the past two nights, Holloween and the walking dead seem to be keeping the longest lines. I would prefer they dropped the walking dead and would not want to see it back again next year, but from talking to guest in the park, it does seem to still be bringing people in (not scientific, just chatting to folks we've met the last couple of nights).

I was surprised at how they made it the 'biggest' house. It just makes me wonder if they have any place for a ninth house for what I could tell, the extra length for the walking dead this year is from the sections done outside of the sound stage (you star outside, go in to the sound stage, then finish back outside).

I know you all are saying money wise it takes up as much as having two houses, but do they really have room for more houses anywhere?

I think they were asking in Surveys if it would be okay to bring Walking Dead again next year. So yeah they are definitely counting on Walking Dead to come back for next year.

I still say that zones could exist like they do in this years form with 9 houses, because they would not have one house in one sound stage. They would split that sound stage and have two houses. So same amount of actors and same amount of props, just two themes. It could be an original house and therefore IP costs would not be a factor. I don't think zones should go all together, as it gives the event something needed, but I think more capacity is needed. I don't agree with adding another show, personally the shows tend to be a flop for me except B&T. Rocky Horror Show was good the first time, but honestly not something I NEED to see every year. Some of the other ones have just been plain dumb and I feel like I wasted my time. I think I only remember maybe 1 or 2 shows that I thought were worth my time.

Only true flop for me in 2014. Nothing remotely innovative, just more zombies in locations we've generally seen before. If anything, the added length hurts the house by exacerbating how repetitive it is. The store scene--the one time watching Season 3 I said to myself "this would be awesome at HHN"--is a total whiff.

This house was absolutely amazing... i'm caught off guard by the comments bashing it above... i think a lot of the hate is based off the success and commercialization of the show and the mainstream crowd it brings to USF for the event.. i know many people on these boards are hard core fans and may dislike mainstream but you got to give credit where credit is due... i welcome this IP to next years event if it done with any level of detail and thought to relate to this years event. A good scare, a great environment and spectacular length

This house was absolutely amazing... i'm caught off guard by the comments bashing it above... i think a lot of the hate is based off the success and commercialization of the show and the mainstream crowd it brings to USF for the event.. i know many people on these boards are hard core fans and may dislike mainstream but you got to give credit where credit is due... i welcome this IP to next years event if it done with any level of detail and thought to relate to this years event. A good scare, a great environment and spectacular length

Well said!

well if it is about giving credit where credit is due then the wd house in 2013 was a lot better than this one. the actors had better hiding places, the house was more claustrophobic and it worked in it's favor, the lighting on the house in 2013 was better as well. And more importantly the walkers looked more scary last year. their masks in the house were scarier than the make up for this year.. I don't know they were just more scary looking last year. the house was shorter but the house was more satisfying

It was a good house and I was pleasantly surprised, but it was still midpack with the other houses and it's just a horse that has been beaten already. I would prefer they finally move on from TWD at Horror Nights, but I kind of doubt they do. I think marketing will force it on us again to draw crowds and sell merchandise.

I enjoyed this house but it was my 5th favorite of the event. Lines were crazy all four nights I attended last week. Did Stay & Scream and got in the queue after doing AVP from Finnegans. It didn't open till 6:30 but was well worth the short wait early vs. the 90 to 120 min lines later.

Let me know if they continue doing so, the next three weeks I'll probably be going on wednesdays (hopefully a tad less crowded) and though I prfer the kidzone holding area, I want to do the finnegan's again as well just so that I can do walking dead again.

So, was Walking Dead the first to open at 18h?

well if it is about giving credit where credit is due then the wd house in 2013 was a lot better than this one. the actors had better hiding places, the house was more claustrophobic and it worked in it's favor, the lighting on the house in 2013 was better as well. And more importantly the walkers looked more scary last year. their masks in the house were scarier than the make up for this year.. I don't know they were just more scary looking last year. the house was shorter but the house was more satisfying

True, the beginning and the end of this house really lacked. To me the best part was Hershel's head. They finally got something to look like a person from the show.

Last edited: