Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 25: Freddy Vs Jason

I expect hot and cold rooms but other than that no real effects. I'm with Chris, hope it's not just killings and then a switch off ending. Oh and another hope, giant people playing Jason. Gotta be big and towering

Not sure he'll be hitting a bong, but I'm sure we'll be seeing this somewhere in the house...

vlcsnap-2011-10-04-14h14m35s231.png

I can almost guarantee we'll see the bed fold kill from the film. The sleeping bag from Jason X is a must.

Freddy vs. Jason is honestly one of my favorite horror flicks. It's just flat out fun. I don't expect this house to be "scary", but I do expect it to be truly awesome. I'm imagining AVP but with more energy and obviously more memorable sets. Plus, actual fighting.

As for the ending, I'm guessing one cast will be Jason winning, and the other will be Freddy winning.

The Orfanage in 2010/HHN XX - It was nothing grand.

I doubt you get real fire effects for this.

Yeah there's no way. Only reason OrFanage got fire was because the fire effect was technically outdoors.

The house could be cool, glad to hear we'll be seeing some show scenes and kills. The rotating "winner" finale is a neat idea. I'm disheartened by the continued "I don't think it'll be scary, but it should be FUN!" comments... we're at Halloween HORROR Nights, people, it should be scary... (and this is from a big fan of Freddy vs. Jason)

Horror is a big tent. It isn't all scary. Some of it is just over the top and silly.

Horror is a big tent. It isn't all scary. Some of it is just over the top and silly.

When a majority of houses skewed more "fun" and "showy" versus actually "scary" the past couple years, I would prefer to see some more straight horror injected into an event that's seemed to have lost its edge. We used to have the defined "comedy" house with an over the top premise - now it just sort of bleeds out everywhere in favor of fan "easter eggs" and justifying pretty sets over innovative scares.

Well horror itself isn't scary anymore, the last horror movie that scared me was the babadook and that's indie. Freddy and Jason evolved into comedic territories, it's gonna be a fun house by it's source material witch in my opinion is the best excuse for it

Well horror itself isn't scary anymore, the last horror movie that scared me was the babadook and that's indie. Freddy and Jason evolved into comedic territories, it's gonna be a fun house by it's source material witch in my opinion is the best excuse for it

So, because horror "isn't scary any more" Halloween Horror Nights should give up on being scary? Really?

The Babadook came out last year. It Follows came out after that. Insidious Chapter 3 just came out and was pretty freaky.

What are you talking about?

Freddy vs. Jason certainly entered campy territory by the end, but if they're shooting to isolate the characters for the first two thirds of the maze, it should be high-octane scary.

So, because horror "isn't scary any more" Halloween Horror Nights should give up on being scary? Really?

The Babadook came out last year. It Follows came out after that. Insidious Chapter 3 just came out and was pretty freaky.

What are you talking about?

Freddy vs. Jason certainly entered campy territory by the end, but if they're shooting to isolate the characters for the first two thirds of the maze, it should be high-octane scary.
Well there are scary movies still out there, it's just horror itself has now turned into the fun genre of film where anything goes. Freddy and Jason were always fun, many will disagree with me there but there was always a sense of campiness with both that only grew overtime. I'm not saying horror nights should give up on being scary, hell I don't think they have, I'm just saying your not gonna get scary from these characters

Well there are scary movies still out there, it's just horror itself has now turned into the fun genre of film where anything goes. Freddy and Jason were always fun, many will disagree with me there but there was always a sense of campiness with both that only grew overtime. I'm not saying horror nights should give up on being scary, hell I don't think they have, I'm just saying your not gonna get scary from these characters

As someone who spends a lot of time among horror filmmakers and fans, I'd say you are very, very wrong. Horror comedy has emerged as a defined subgenre, but it is by no means the "only" one.

No denying each franchise got increasingly campy, and that FvJ played that up in moments. But if you're saying we can't get scariness out of either character, you're displaying ignorance - Camp Blood and Dreamwalkers were apparently terrifying in 2007. Saying we can't expect a similar level of intensity in the "Crystal Lake" and "Boiler Room" sequences is inaccurate.

this is the greatest news I heard. I knew it was coming but seeing the official release was pretty cool.

Freddy Vs Jason is also one of my favorite movies, I have to admit it is one of my favorite Jason movies too. The look he had in freddy Vs Jason is my favorite Jason look of the entire series. I just love everything about his look, I love the mask, I love the shape and the color of his head, I love the clothes. This jason for me is the most iconic one (With Friday part 3 as well of course)

I am a little bit disappointed that they are not going to follow the movie scenes, I was hoping they would. But either way this is going to be so amazing

There were no campy scenes in 2007 in either house. They were designed to be frightening as they were originally intended. Many have the NoES house among their favorites of all-time, and it did make our Top 25 last year (Shameless Plug)

Sorry Cole..

As someone who spends a lot of time among horror filmmakers and fans, I'd say you are very, very wrong. Horror comedy has emerged as a defined subgenre, but it is by no means the "only" one.

No denying each franchise got increasingly campy, and that FvJ played that up in moments. But if you're saying we can't get scariness out of either character, you're displaying ignorance - Camp Blood and Dreamwalkers were apparently terrifying in 2007. Saying we can't expect a similar level of intensity in the "Crystal Lake" and "Boiler Room" sequences is inaccurate.

There were no campy scenes in 2007 in either house. They were designed to be frightening as they were originally intended. Many have the NoES house among their favorites of all-time, and it did make our Top 25 last year (Shameless Plug)

Sorry Cole..

Some of my all time favorite houses were from 2007, Specially the Freddy house and the Jason house. The Freddy house was scarier than the Jason house.

but the Jason house is the BEST house that has even been put in the JAWS building. that house was pure perfection. it fit that entire area so perfectly. probably the best experience in a "JAWS" house that I've had.

so yeah, I agree with you guys, those two houses were pretty brutal, and I mean brutal. Jason was a beast (they did such a great job with the actors) it was pretty intense

I just geeked so hard... Jack is back, Freddy vs Jason 1st announced house... Yeah, I'm going to basically live in Florida this fall.