Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 25: The Purge

Marketing-wise, I think it's more or less a lateral move, but creatively, I think it's a big step up. A lot of "world-building" in last year's scare zone--blue wreaths, bumper stickers--and I think that Alt History U.S. is more interesting than the model suburbia Scream would likely have been.

Sounds promising and all in all I'm very happy I don't have to watch the show.

I hope whoever it is that pulled scream enjoys walking around with a hole in their foot and a lot less money.

I love Scream and was disappointed when it turned out that IP wasn't happening, but the more I think about it, the Purge seems much more interesting.
I mentally ran through what a Scream house (based on the movies) could be like and while it would work, it really wouldn't be all that interesting or unique. I think my favorite scene would have been the girl who was stuck in the cat door on the garage. Ghostface then opens the garage and she gets pulled up and crushed to her death. That would have made for a nice kinetic scene.

I love Scream and was disappointed when it turned out that IP wasn't happening, but the more I think about it, the Purge seems much more interesting.
I mentally ran through what a Scream house (based on the movies) could be like and while it would work, it really wouldn't be all that interesting or unique. I think my favorite scene would have been the girl who was stuck in the cat door on the garage. Ghostface then opens the garage and she gets pulled up and crushed to her death. That would have made for a nice kinetic scene.

Funny thing about that is that the scene you described was actually part of All Night Die-In a few years back (I forget which year).

I'm really excited about this one. I've said since last year that i'd like to see the Purge zone return revamped and done right, so I'm very interested to see what they'll do with a house this year!

I'm very excited for Purge, but would be way more excited if they replaced Scream with Stab or Scary Movie.

After last year with The Purge as a Scare-Zone my buddy & I really loved it. Ironically my buddy said he wouldn't mind if it came back as a house and wouldn't ya know it did. I personally can't wait for whats in store for this house since the negotiations with MTV with the Scream IP fell through.

I may be speculating too much, but from the video it looks like the house may be based more off of the first movie...which would make sense as it was set inside a house. Still, when I read about the Purge replacing Scream I thought it would be cool if they could make the house more like you were trying to navigate a maze of back alleys (like in the second movie) with purgers possible around every corner. The woman with the the megaphone, ranting away as she fires off shots at no-one and the guy with the gatling gun in the back of the semi would both be cool to see. I suppose the city setting would be a lot harder to recreate though.

I think the video may not be a good indication. I think it was thrown together pretty quickly. It used footage from the scare zone and footage that was created for the Purge at Hollywood.

I think the video may not be a good indication. I think it was thrown together pretty quickly. It used footage from the scare zone and footage that was created for the Purge at Hollywood.

Ah, I see. Well I'll be interested to see which direction they go.

Had a great and fun walk through this last night, there was a couple in front of me and the guy was super scared. Just as we went back he warned me that he gets very scared and he was not kidding, several times he almost fell back on me lol; scare actor jumps out and he jumps a foot back haha ... and of course the scare actors loved it and scared him even more. I loved it :)