Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 26 Construction Thread

I know not too many people are pumped for that Chance zone, but I think it's shaping up to be a really cool little entrance to the event.

I wonder if the bodies on the "stages" will be used for mini-shows (like the icons last year), or permanent decorations.

I like the different approach for the Chance scarezone. It seems like this location is always the weakest zone, primarily because there's just one or two things in the middle of the street with the scare actors just finding places around Minions and Shrek to hide. The show scenes on either side as you walk through seems like it could have potential. Does anyone know has this approach ever been used in this area before?

I like the different approach for the Chance scarezone. It seems like this location is always the weakest zone, primarily because there's just one or two things in the middle of the street with the scare actors just finding places around Minions and Shrek to hide. The show scenes on either side as you walk through seems like it could have potential. Does anyone know has this approach ever been used in this area before?

The only thing that I can think of that comes remotely close was "Containment" but that was just a giant tunnel. Other than that, nope.

Dead Man's Wharf, Survive or Die (that title guys?), and the opening bits of Vamp 55 look really cool. I like the general aesthetic they're aiming for with Chance, but the whole flats-posing-as-baroque sculpts isn't the most amazing thing in the world. At least there actual set pieces this year.

Dead Man's Wharf, Survive or Die (that title guys?), and the opening bits of Vamp 55 look really cool. I like the general aesthetic they're aiming for with Chance, but the whole flats-posing-as-baroque sculpts isn't the most amazing thing in the world. At least there actual set pieces this year.
It reminds me a bit of the decals you see in Burger King to advertise for the event...however...I'm looking forward to seeing it lit up

Lair of the Banshees:

IMG_9469.JPG IMG_9470.JPG IMG_9471.JPG IMG_9472.JPG IMG_9473.JPG IMG_9474.JPG IMG_9475.JPG IMG_9476.JPGIMG_9492.JPG IMG_9469.JPG IMG_9470.JPG IMG_9471.JPG IMG_9472.JPG IMG_9473.JPG IMG_9474.JPG IMG_9475.JPG IMG_9476.JPG

Dead Man's Wharf:

IMG_9477.JPG IMG_9478.JPG IMG_9479.JPG IMG_9504.JPG

Stage:

IMG_9467.JPG

Chance in Hell:

IMG_9505.JPG

Nothing new here but wanted to point out the reason for the lines being a bit crooked is because the buildings differ in height. To make the rig balance, they had to have one side of the lines longer. Could be fixed before event night though.

Last edited:
The scare zones are really looking great so far. I am really intrigued about the hollow tree behind the fence in banshee. Can't wait to see how they execute that.

Does anyone know if they've started constructing the Sprung Tent facades? I'm pretty interested to see what they're going to do for TCM. Entering the side of the house (like in Halloween and Insidious) doesn't seem like it would work too well given the shape and layout of the house in the film.

The latest aerial shots of the two sprung tents were posted on Twitter a couple of days ago. There is still no facade structure outside of TCM at all. Which is extremely concerning, giving the fact that Tomb of the Ancients already has its facade up. Either they're really late on starting TCM's facade, they're going with an indoor facade of some sort, or we're not getting a facade at all. I've never seen a tent house without its facade this close to opening night.

The latest aerial shots of the two sprung tents were posted on Twitter a couple of days ago. There is still no facade structure outside of TCM at all. Which is extremely concerning, giving the fact that Tomb of the Ancients already has its facade up. Either they're really late on starting TCM's facade, they're going with an indoor facade of some sort, or we're not getting a facade at all. I've never seen a tent house without its facade this close to opening night.
Seems strange and probably very unlikely but maybe the entrance could be in the back? They've got quite a bit of stuff set up there, 3 cars, plants and lots of junk. Also looking a little closer at the newest photos there appears to be a stack of walls near the entrance and also there are several pieces for HHN being stored next to MiB, they mostly look like queue entrance stands but some pieces are themed.
IMG_3184 copy.jpg

Seems strange and probably very unlikely but maybe the entrance could be in the back? They've got quite a bit of stuff set up there, 3 cars, plants and lots of junk. Also looking a little closer at the newest photos there appears to be a stack of walls near the entrance and also there are several pieces for HHN being stored next to MiB, they mostly look like queue entrance stands but some pieces are themed.
View attachment 3009

Possible that they did switch up some queues to help alleviate crowding and factoring in the new MIB house.

They started replacing all the pathway lights around the park. Dead Man's Warf is full of these eerie green lights. The MIB area is full of red lights. New York and Hollywood haven't changed. The rest of the park is a collection of red and blue with some purple sprinkled around.

They started replacing all the pathway lights around the park. Dead Man's Warf is full of these eerie green lights. The MIB area is full of red lights. New York and Hollywood haven't changed. The rest of the park is a collection of red and blue with some purple sprinkled around.

I want to see.