Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 27: Altars of Horror

How the hell did it take this many years to do this type of zone? This, in terms of iconic characters, is I think a pretty good lineup.

AHS: Roanoke Piggy or Angel Of Death
Shining: Jack
AvED: Ash
Saw: Pigmask Jigsaw
Blumhouse: Bride In Black from Insidious.

The thing that bums me out about this SZ is the "altars" piece -- I'm guessing it will be like Chance's last year where the characters are set up in displays. Makes for great photos with your fave characters (and I can see the appeal in that), but not great for scares.

Hmm...

"For years people have a fear of clowns and the “gang of gigglers” have felt in has been unjustified but have now risen from the dead to ensure that they live up to that mentality."

That's not English.

It will become a selfie scare zone, but that's better than them having to deal with some of the horrible people at HHN face-to-face.

If I had to guess for who will be up there.

The Shining: Jack
American Horror Story: Angel of Death
AvED: Ash
Saw: Remote controlled Jigsaw puppet with maybe the water case trap
Blumhouse: The woman from the intro of multiple Blumhouse films

I am glad to see them take a path similar to Singapore, as I'm going to be interested to see what they do with multiple IPs all in one scarezone.

Although I'm curious, is this going to be just the IPs, or will it include original mazes as well?

We could also see different AHS characters. One from each season. They could swap them out on the same platform. Same with Blumhouse. There are two casts, could create some variety.

Enter the nexus of evil, where all the most fearsome characters and nefarious creatures from each of the Halloween Horror Nights™ haunted houses lie in wait for unsuspecting victims along the Avenue of the Stars. You should know better, yet you're powerless to resist their macabre allure.

The thing that bums me out about this SZ is the "altars" piece -- I'm guessing it will be like Chance's last year where the characters are set up in displays. Makes for great photos with your fave characters (and I can see the appeal in that), but not great for scares.

I see no problem at all with having one zone be the selfie zone. You are going to get scared in 9 houses and other 4 zones (Plus the hordes) Whats wrong with ONE selfie zone?
come on now....

I see no problem at all with having one zone be the selfie zone. You are going to get scared in 9 houses and other 4 zones (Plus the hordes) Whats wrong with ONE selfie zone?
come on now....

Also better to create opportunities for people to take photos in an open environment than to try to take photos in the houses. It doesn't happen often, but I've definitely seen a camera flash or two before.