HHN 27: Employee Preview Thread | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 27: Employee Preview Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Where can I find HHNBear? Can't wait to start dancing with him!

In a particular little film, as I would assume he would be alongside this guy--

shining-freaks.png

Reactions: TripAway2Day
I'm slightly disheartened by the AvED reception. I was looking forward to it, especially this year. This year is a special year, and the Ash house is especially special.

To be far, I haven't seen a lot of reviews saying they hated the maze. It's focus on comedy just has it lower on lists.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
to anyone who went to saw can anyone tell me what the traps were in the house

also what was the facade for saw?

Last edited by a moderator:
HHN Preview Night Quick Reviews

9. Blumhouse-Really disappointing. Purge and Sinister scenes are over so quickly, and then Insidious goes on and on. Still not a horrible house, just very disjointed, and Insidious 4 doesn't come out until January and takes up a huge chunk of the house.
8. The Hive-Definitely the creepiest house, just understaffed and the sets were generic.
7. Saw-I don't really think the concept works for a house. With the victims in the film trapped in a single spot, it makes the house more of a series of vignettes than and actual location you would walk through.
6. The Shining-I'm not the biggest fan of the film, but it does what it has to. Hedge maze, Gold Room, and elevator scene are all highlights.
5. Ash-Good representation of the show as the comedy house for the year. Guests that haven't seen the show will he so confused, but it is pretty well done.
4. Scarecrow-The loudest and most in your face house. Also very clausterphobic, and has some cool scenes.
3. AHS-Probably 1/2 Asylum, 1/4 Coven, 1/4 Roanoke. Well decorated house, tho again, not super scary.
2. The Fallen-Great concept of demons taking over a church. Not the scariest, but the sets and character design are great.
1. Dead Waters-This might be my favorite house out of the last five years. The facade is jawdropping and the scenes are done at such a large scale. Can't wait to keep doing this one over and over.

to anyone who went to saw can anyone tell me what the traps were in the house

also what was the facade for saw?

I'm completely drawing a blank on the facade. Nothing crazy.

Traps:
Bear trap, Buckethead, face through knives, pound of flesh, razor wire, one with two blocks of ice that squished a head, jumper cables on someone in a bathtub. I know there were a few more, I'm just drawing a blank, sorry

Reactions: hhnlover
I'm slightly disheartened by the AvED reception. I was looking forward to it, especially this year. This year is a special year, and the Ash house is especially special.

I liked the Ash house. It's funny, the sets are great, and there's a few scares.

That being said, those who haven't seen the show will be most confused.

I'm completely drawing a blank on the facade. Nothing crazy.

Traps:
Bear trap, Buckethead, face through knives, pound of flesh, razor wire, one with two blocks of ice that squished a head, jumper cables on someone in a bathtub. I know there were a few more, I'm just drawing a blank, sorry
Yeah, i'm not even sure I remember there being a facade. Certainly nothing like Asylum had in there for 25.

HHN Preview Night Quick Reviews

9. Blumhouse-Really disappointing. Purge and Sinister scenes are over so quickly, and then Insidious goes on and on. Still not a horrible house, just very disjointed, and Insidious 4 doesn't come out until January and takes up a huge chunk of the house.
8. The Hive-Definitely the creepiest house, just understaffed and the sets were generic.
7. Saw-I don't really think the concept works for a house. With the victims in the film trapped in a single spot, it makes the house more of a series of vignettes than and actual location you would walk through.
6. The Shining-I'm not the biggest fan of the film, but it does what it has to. Hedge maze, Gold Room, and elevator scene are all highlights.
5. Ash-Good representation of the show as the comedy house for the year. Guests that haven't seen the show will he so confused, but it is pretty well done.
4. Scarecrow-The loudest and most in your face house. Also very clausterphobic, and has some cool scenes.
3. AHS-Probably 1/2 Asylum, 1/4 Coven, 1/4 Roanoke. Well decorated house, tho again, not super scary.
2. The Fallen-Great concept of demons taking over a church. Not the scariest, but the sets and character design are great.
1. Dead Waters-This might be my favorite house out of the last five years. The facade is jawdropping and the scenes are done at such a large scale. Can't wait to keep doing this one over and over.

What was in the Asylum and Coven sections of AHS? Roanoke seems the easiest to picture in a maze so idk what to expect from the other two

What was in the Asylum and Coven sections of AHS? Roanoke seems the easiest to picture in a maze so idk what to expect from the other two

Lobby with stairs, rec room with Santa, experiment room, Shacath scene, hallway with cell doors, hallway with Sister Mary Eunice, Adam Levine being attacked by Bloody Face.

Butler with Dolls, greenhouse, the room where Delphine was kept locked up, hallway with Bull Man, hallway with Papa Legba.

Reactions: horrornights789
Lobby with stairs, rec room with Santa, experiment room, Shacath scene, hallway with cell doors, hallway with Sister Mary Eunice, Adam Levine being attacked by Bloody Face.

Butler with Dolls, greenhouse, the room where Delphine was kept locked up, hallway with Bull Man, hallway with Papa Legba.

Hey, I'm over from Hollywood. I was wondering what was in the Shining? Especially how did they do the Blood elevator + Here's Johnny?

Edit: Also, how was the Gold Room? Was it like Hollywood (Skeletons)?

Hey, I'm over from Hollywood. I was wondering what was in the Shining? Especially how did they do the Blood elevator + Here's Johnny?

Edit: Also, how was the Gold Room? Was it like Hollywood (Skeletons)?

Here's Johnny was a twisting hallway of doors with Jack coming through on different sides. Blood elevator is done at about 2/3 scale, behind glass with blood spilling out. Good as they could have done. Gold Room was my favorite scene. Scaled down version of the movie, with the bar and people dancing.

Reactions: DanB89