Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 27 House Route/Strategy

Am I reading that right, that you can buy the after 10 express pass before 10? I thought they started selling that at 10 based on how many express passes had already sold at full price.
Last year I got them at the beginning of the event. I am not sure if there had to be some condition for them to sell them early but that's always what we did so you are good to go right at 10.

It was called stay and scream back when you could buy a HHN ticket in addition to your day ticket for a discounted price. Now that there isn't any specific for it, it no longer has an official name.

It was called stay and scream back when you could buy a HHN ticket in addition to your day ticket for a discounted price. Now that there isn't any specific for it, it no longer has an official name.
It is still around but you have to ask or they make you pay full price in addition to a day ticket for HHN?

Am I reading that right, that you can buy the after 10 express pass before 10? I thought they started selling that at 10 based on how many express passes had already sold at full price.

I've always heard that you can buy them at anytime, but I've never tried. My guess is the price is set based on the date, or at least set by day of. I also assume that the scanner want let you in until the time the pass becomes valid.

I'm a Hollywood local with lots of experience at our HHN coming to Orlando's HHN for the first time. (I have been to USO/IOA many times before, so I'm not new to the parks.) That said, what the heck is this Stay and Scream you're all talking about? We don't have that our way.

We do have a RIP tour, seeing as we only have one night there, so we want to make the most of it. Are there any tips in best using the RIP? We're ideally hoping for multiple maze experiences, and B&T and AoV.

Not sure what you mean by tips for RIP. I've never done it, but I have seen the groups throughout the park in the past. If you can spring it and are only going one day, I think RIP would be the way to go.

They seem to go right into the mazes and they seem to get reserved seats for B&T, so I would assume you would get in every maze once plus one showing of B&T.

There are daytime lights on tours as well, not sure if that is what you meant, but we've never done those again.

It is still around but you have to ask or they make you pay full price in addition to a day ticket for HHN?

In past years, I've been over at IoA and they seem to push some sort of add on for HHN. To me, it seemed like they were trying to entice tourist to add the event to their current ticket media.

I would assume it is in part due to irma and possibly since this is the first time opening weekend has had a Sunday.

Actually, this is the second year opening weekend has had a Sunday--which just proves the point even more than even "in the know" fans might not be aware of it. :saywhat: And I'm sure Irma scared a few tourists off and also some locals who still did not have power this weekend (didn't get mine back until Saturday, friends not until Sunday).

That said ... anecdotal evidence this year suggests a lot of people who were dual WDW/UOR APs are dropping one or the other. The primary trend being to drop UOR. And, let's be honest, The Shining is not as iconic as some of the past "event" houses (Conjuring would have helped here a lot), and there's no TWD. It will get crowded--it's the nature of the event--but curious to see how attendance plays out this year.

I'm glad I read you can get the after 10 Express upon arrival, that's good info thanks

Knock out the back houses and B& T early, with minimal wait, be at AHS entrance at 9:59, I'm sure you could hit every soundstage house in 3 hours--probably with time to do a quick repeat of Scarecrow.

Not sure what you mean by tips for RIP. I've never done it, but I have seen the groups throughout the park in the past. If you can spring it and are only going one day, I think RIP would be the way to go.

They seem to go right into the mazes and they seem to get reserved seats for B&T, so I would assume you would get in every maze once plus one showing of B&T.

There are daytime lights on tours as well, not sure if that is what you meant, but we've never done those again.

I am only there for one night, traveling from Los Angles, so I am doing RIP. But in terms of tips, I've heard: even the front of line access lines can get up to 30 minutes each. Is that true?

Also wondering how realistic it is that we can see all mazes multiple times, as we typically like to repeat all mazes as we know the experience can vary widely due to time, plus catching details.

It's unclear if we have any sort of priority for the AoV show. Plus, since we're not locals, we have no idea if there's anything else we shouldn't miss (merch, events, etc). We're not big drinkers, so the alcohol isn't much of an appeal for us.

For instance, I've only recently heard about the Tribute store. If it weren't for this thread, I wouldn't have known about it. Now I know to go!

I am only there for one night, traveling from Los Angles, so I am doing RIP. But in terms of tips, I've heard: even the front of line access lines can get up to 30 minutes each. Is that true?

RIP is a step above Express (which is what ran into problems Friday night). With RIP, you bypass the regular line AND the Express line.

I thought it was interesting that this year they are officially calling it Stay & Scream. It's a good move because everyone calls it that anyway so it makes things less confusing.IMG_7007.JPG

Is stay and scream worth it even if you had express ? Or is it a good way to start off then work your way through using express ?

Is stay and scream worth it even if you had express ? Or is it a good way to start off then work your way through using express ?
I used it with express. I would go through do 3-4 houses real quick without express then have express to go back and do them again if I wanted. Just don't wait an hour in Stay & Scream and then use your express when you're one of the first few people to approach the house. I see this every day, it's such a waste when the actual wait is only 5-10 minutes anyway.

Last edited:
Saw these too and thought how crowded that sounds for the first thursday of the event

Sunday was noticeably uncrowded by any standard. Last night was definitely crowded early on, but given the new crowd is dominated by kids, it seemed to clear out a bit by 11:30.

Yea that's what I was thinking, S&S to start then use express once things start to get busier

It is a good way to do things, just save Express until things get busy. I never bring sunglasses, but when I do houses before it gets dark outside, my eyes never adjust quickly enough to see all the houses have to over...and I tend to walk into things or go the wrong way...so I try to hold off on houses until it is dark.

We have not had Express this year, going four nights, so just taken it slow right now, two days in, five houses done, but I am enjoying it!

I was really in a good flow Thurs, it made it feel light, I mean, one house was 45 minutes, but if we had gotten there 10 minutes later, it would have been thirty.

We it Bloomhouse at 20 and 5 minutes later it would have been a 45 minute wait.

We had planned to do AHS in the last hour, but the power outage changed that, the APP said 120 minutes, so we did not go back into the park.