What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 27: Most Anticipated House

Which house are you most looking forward to this year?

• The Shining

• American Horror Story

• Dead Waters

• The Fallen

• Hive

• Ash vs Evil Dead

• Saw: The Games of Jigsaw

• Horrors of Blumhouse

• Scarecrow: The Reaping

Results are only viewable after voting.
1. Dead Waters - Everything released about this house so far looks and sounds incredible. I'm a sucker for elaborate sets and practical effects, which the house looks like it will have in spades. Still, the voodoo concept lends itself to something intimate and scary as well, so if this can combine an eerie atmosphere with spectacle, this house will be something special.

2. Hive - I probably shouldn't be this excited for a Conjuring reskin, but the concept is cool and I'm really into the idea of an 80s horror aesthetic. Everyone's hinting that this house may be absolutely terrifying, so it's getting me hyped.

3. Scarecrows: The Reaping - I don't know how scary I actually find them, but ever since the Goosebumps book about the occult scarecrows, I dig them as a horror concept. Also that description describing them as the Earth and Wind's vengeance is super badass. My only concern is if it winds up being Texas Chain Saw 2.0; that was my most disappointing house last year and there are definite aesthetic similarities.

4. The Fallen - Definitely a unique concept and images so far look gorgeous, but the heavy metal has me worried. Quiet, eerie houses are way more effective in my opinion, so I'm worried this house will just be sensory overload with no real scares.

5. The Shining - I was originally super hyped for this house, and definitely can't wait to walk on that hallway carpet. However, the more I think about it, the more I can't think of how you'd actually do a haunted house Shining. I loved the Exorcist last year though so I'll give the benefit of the doubt towards challenging properties.

6. Saw - Still need to watch the films, but I like gore and I assume this house will have a lot of it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

7. Ash vs Evil Dead - Really wished this was the rumored Evil Dead 1 + 2 house if only so I could see the laughing room in person. I liked the show well enough, but almost exclusively because of the charming cast. It's not really scary, and the humor can be hit or miss. Since Bruce Campbell himself won't be in the house, there isn't much reason to care.

8. American Horror Story - I love Roanoke, hate Coven, and haven't seen Asylum yet. I thought last year's house was fine, but those seasons were also more visually interesting to me, so we'll see. I'm sure it will be a solid house though.

9. The Horrors of Blumhouse - I don't like any of the movies featured and all the rumors about this house make it sound like a tire fire.

I dug in a little deeper, by tabulating not just the poll results - but also the detailed posts. The consensus rankings can be broken down into 4 fairly solid tiers.
  1. Dead Waters
  2. The Fallen, The Shining, Scarecrow
  3. Hive, Ash vs Evil Dead, American Horror Story
  4. Horrors of Blumhouse, Saw
It will be interesting to see how close we are to reality with our expectations.

1. Scarecrow: The Reaping
2. The Fallen
3. Dead Waters
4. Hive
5. The Shining
6. Ash vs Evil Dead
7. Horrors of Blumhouse
8. Saw
9. American Horror Story

#1--Dead Waters (One word: steamboat. Seriously, everything here looks amazing.)
#2--The Shining (The logical part of my brain is expecting it to disappoint, but I can't help but feel excited--this is a house that people, myself included, have been dreaming of and begging for going back to the days of the Vault)
#3 (tie)--The Fallen (I never got to see Gothic or Catacombs, this looks similar, plus can't wait for soundtrack)
#3 (tie)--Scarecrow: The Reaping (Seems like an old-school Halloween style house mixed with a cool historical setting)
#3 (tie)--Hive (Sounds like it has tremendous upside to go down in HHN history, but I can't get more excited for it than Fallen and Scarecrow until I actually see it for some reason)
#6--Ash vs. Evil Dead (couldn't find the full series, I've seen the first couple of episodes, really enjoyed the Evil Dead trilogy, so I'm sure I'll enjoy this--if we have to have IPs, there are so many I prefer this to; though it is a step down on the anticipation list)
#7--Saw: The Games of Jigsaw (I'll only go in this one if I have time)
#8--Horrors of Blumhouse (I like Insidious and Sinister, but this sounds like crap--I have no plans to do it)
#9--American Horror Story (house last year was polarizing, but I didn't have any interest in it and won't this year, Coven is a bit redundant with Dead Waters, like Blumhouse I have no plans to do it)

5 houses I can't wait for, 1 house I'll probably hit, 1 house I probably won't hit, and 2 I definitely won't.

AvED - Watched all the show and loved it. Big variety in useable creatures and sets. Good comedy. Especially with this probably getting low lines, I have high hopes.

The Fallen - Concept seems a little more outside the box and interesting than Dead Waters' voodoo. The heavy metal war aspect just sounds a little more fun to me.

Dead Waters - Love the idea of being back the BoB, love the effects we're hearing. But this could suffer the fate of Roanoke and GT, being great sets with a boring outlook.

AHS - Thought the house last year was great. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Simple as that. The themes do inspire less interest in me than last year.

The Shining - All comes down to execution. I personally really liked Exorcist but I'm putting this low just in case. Don't want my expectations too high.

HIVE - Honestly the last minuteness and bald actors make me more interested to see how this turns out than Scarecrow.

Scarecrows - Seems like it will be very one note to me, and the possibility of men wearing sacks for heads doesn't inspire much out of me.

Blumhouse - I found the concept fun upon hearing it, less fun in the execution. Interested in Sinister and the new Insidious scenes. The other stuff? Meh.

SAW - Just see it being way too time-reliant and scene-based to be too interesting.

1. SAW
2. Dead Waters
3. American Horror Story
4.Horrors of Blumhouse
5.Hive
6. The Shining
7. Ash vs. Evil Dead
8. Scarecrow
9. The Fallen

Does anyone know if Orlando does the same twitter password type thing for the insidious house this year (it happened last year with Krampus and they gave away post cards). If Orlando does do any of you know what the password might be for tomorrow? Or where I can find the password?

Does anyone know if Orlando does the same twitter password type thing for the insidious house this year (it happened last year with Krampus and they gave away post cards). If Orlando does do any of you know what the password might be for tomorrow? Or where I can find the password?
Nope. They do not.