Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 27: Ticket, RIP Tours, and Pass Information

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Here are the official dates for this year:

September
15, 16, 17, 21, 22, 23 24, 29, 30

October
1, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 25, 26, 27,28. 29, 30, 31

November
3, 4

General Admission Tickets (No Advanced Purchase or Discounts Used)

$109.99

General Admission Tickets with Coke
Discount

Mon - Wed
$59.99 : Oct 4, 11, 18, 25, 30, 31​
Thurs & Sun
$53.99 : Sep 17, 21, 24, Oct 1
$59.99 : Oct 5, 26, 29
$63.99 : Oct 8, 12, 15, 19, 22​
Friday
$69.99 : Sept 15, 22, 29, Oct 6, or 27
$75.99 : Oct 13 or 20
$63.99 : Nov 3​
Saturday
$83.99 : Sept 16, 23, 30, Oct 7, 14, 21, 28
$69.99 : Nov 4
Halloween Horror Night Flex - Flex Tickets let you decide which weekend to come. Come any one event night from Sunday through Friday or any one event night from Sunday through Saturday.

Sunday-Friday Flex - $77.99 ($109.99 without discount)
Saturday Flex - $85.99 ($109.99 without discount)

Frequent Fear Passes (AP Discount in parentheses)

Rush of Fear valid on these nights: Sept 15, 16, 17, 21, 22, 23, 24, 29, 30 & Oct 1

Rush of Fear : $91.99 (AP - $80.99 )
Rush of Fear Express : $299.99 (AP - $288.99 )

Frequent Fear : $102.99 (AP - $91.99 )
Frequent Fear Express : $339.99 (AP - $328.99 )
EVERY Sunday–Thursday event night, the first Friday and Saturday, plus the last Friday.

Frequent Fear Plus : $118.99 (AP - $106.99 )
Frequent Fear Plus Express : $399.99 (AP - $387.99 )
EVERY Sunday–Friday event night, plus the first and last Saturday.

Ultimate Frequent Fear : $199.99 (AP - $189.99 )
Ultimate Frequent Fear Express : $599.99 (AP - $589.99 )
Valid ALL Event Nights.

Last edited:
I know not everyone is not a fan, but I am glad ROF came back for the first 3 weekends. Interesting to see the 2nd weekend includes a Thursday night too. Has that happened in the past?

Anyone else notice that they don't mention afternoon only tours in Unmasking the Horror? Seems a bit of an odd change...

FYI on AP discounts - We never encountered this in the past, so I don't know if this is normal, but beware for those this applies to.

Our APs expire on 9/23 and we planned our trip this year to start earlier so that we could get two trips from one year's AP. When we called to buy the ROF with our AP discount I was told that the AP needs to be valid for the entire duration of the ROF period to get the AP discount.

I asked the TM to verify that with a supervisor...

Aaaaaand now I'm told that none of the AP discount tickets are loaded in the TM call center reservation system. I offered to just pay the non AP price (it's only a $12 difference!) and *those* tickets (ROF non AP) were also not loaded.

Why do they update the website but not have the rest of their operations on the same page?

How do you figure I am incorrect?
I tried one night of HHN a few years ago then I was schooled that one is never enough. Once I did three but then I understood why they have the RoF with express I never looked back.

The same reason they charge $45 to park at CBBR for the day, they don't want anyone to pay it so they price it high.

This is all tongue in cheek but rooted in reality

. I offered to just pay the non AP price (it's only a $12 difference!)
I feel like I'm becoming a grumpy old man or something. The $12 discount seems a little absurd to me, it used to be so much more and for the year of Universal showing how much they care about their AP holders, they sure seem to be increasing prices and removing discounts and perks at extreme frequency. Of course I'll still be getting a FFP pass and I can't wait for HHN.

I feel like I'm becoming a grumpy old man or something. The $12 discount seems a little absurd to me, it used to be so much more and for the year of Universal showing how much they care about their AP holders, they sure seem to be increasing prices and removing discounts and perks at extreme frequency. Of course I'll still be getting a FFP pass and I can't wait for HHN.
I'm actually a little surprised the prices didn't increase from last year, so I'm fairly happy, that's more than we should expect. As for AP perks they seem to be doing more and more events so I kind of expect some sort of AP event to happen.

FYI on AP discounts - We never encountered this in the past, so I don't know if this is normal, but beware for those this applies to.

Our APs expire on 9/23 and we planned our trip this year to start earlier so that we could get two trips from one year's AP. When we called to buy the ROF with our AP discount I was told that the AP needs to be valid for the entire duration of the ROF period to get the AP discount.

Aaaaaand now I'm told that none of the AP discount tickets are loaded in the TM call center reservation system. I offered to just pay the non AP price (it's only a $12 difference!) and *those* tickets (ROF non AP) were also not loaded.

Why do they update the website but not have the rest of their operations on the same page?

Please follow up here if you get confirmation on the AP limitation. I won't be renewing my AP this year and planned to buy before it's expiration 9/13 with the AP Frequent Fear price. Won't be able to Stay and Scream but I'd like to know if I need to pay the non AP rate with my pass expiring.

Does anyone know when the Express option for Frequent Fear/Plus becomes available overseas (UK) I can get the FF tickets but no express option currently

Try the website. My AP expires 9/23 but I just purchased ROF with AP discount on the website; $86.26 after tax. Only 105 more days to go!

I'm glad ticket prices are up. I can start my final planning for my trip. I'm going Sept. 20-23 (leaving the 24th). I'm trying to decide between RoF /Express and use 1 comp day I have to the park primarily for IOA. Or, get ROF w/o express and get tickets for everyday. I'll be at Disney 15-19th. So, I'm leaning towards to the first option and getting some relaxing in during the days.

Please follow up here if you get confirmation on the AP limitation. I won't be renewing my AP this year and planned to buy before it's expiration 9/13 with the AP Frequent Fear price. Won't be able to Stay and Scream but I'd like to know if I need to pay the non AP rate with my pass expiring.

Called again last night - they confirmed the booking system wasn't ready for when the marketing website was updated but that all tickets/options/packages were entered and ready for sale. We have our ROF+EX now.

There was no mention of the timing of my AP expiration vs. the ROF period. Just didn't come up.

I was referring to one night ($70) vs the FF pass options, especially with express (starting at $80) if it wasn't for the tours i don't know that I would be going anymore.
I've been going to HHN since 22, and I always just do one night, no fasspass. The price is actually really affordable, and the only time when we didn't do as much was HHN 25, but that's because I had a larger, unorganized group. Other than that though, I usually get to do just about every house there, some rides, and some shows.