HHN 28: Horrors of Blumhouse | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 28: Horrors of Blumhouse

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So, as someone who loves the Purge and enjoyed HDd, it'd be great if all the fanboys who are pissing and moaning about this one would go elsewhere so those of us who this is meant for can enjoy the house that was made for us more times. Thanks for coming to my TED talk. :)

Reactions: MartyMcFly
If the most disappointed we are is “I hope the design and cast is as good this year” with the houses then this year might be one for the record books.

I think one of the headliners is going to be a pretty big disappointment, but I still think this has a good chance to be my favorite year I've attended.

Last year's house benefited from a great cast and great design work on a structural level. Lots of tight turns and short hallways, which you need to deliver scares to a conga line.
Very true. The design work, costumes, and cast for HoB were great last year, the main weak point was the cheap looking sets for the Insidious section and the finale.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I think one of the headliners is going to be a pretty big disappointment, but I still think this has a good chance to be my favorite year I've attended.
Can't be disappointing if you have low expectations.
tenor.gif

I mean, if you're only attending a day or two I can understand that, but any more than two days warrants each house at least once.
Oh, don't take this to mean I won't be doing each house multiple times. IlI' be there pretty much every night but Saturday.

When I saw the final scene from The First Purge, the first thing I thought about was how well-made it was for a HHN house. If that isn't the finale of the house, I don't know what would be.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
So what’s the deal with this house and marketing? This house seems pretty forced yet they’re not even advertising it. Anyone know if there were issues over this house like there were last year or they’re just pretending this house isn’t there since it doesn’t fit the theme?

I have hopes it’ll be a good house but it just seems weird that after they announced it they never mentioned it again

So what’s the deal with this house and marketing? This house seems pretty forced yet they’re not even advertising it. Anyone know if there were issues over this house like there were last year or they’re just pretending this house isn’t there since it doesn’t fit the theme?

I have hopes it’ll be a good house but it just seems weird that after they announced it they never mentioned it again
There were no issues. There's just bigger priority IPs.

There were no issues. There's just bigger priority IPs.

Oh ok good. I was a little nervous this house might’ve had a change that prevented it from being marketed.

For anyone that saw The First Purge is there anything unique to it settings wise? The marquee had that really cool looking Butcher guy and I can’t wait to see him pop out