What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 28: Killer Klownz from Outer Space

Oh........oh damn... thats too sad. The zone is really pretty, coyld have been amazing in san Francisco

Its funny, people criticized the zones at san Francisco for being small.... people complained so much

And this is the tiniest zone in recent hhn history lol

I wish they had cut the budget on something else, make one of the houses shorter or something.

Last edited:
This ended up being a super tiny zone. Smaller than the zones in front of the Disaster ride.
Might be one of the tiniest zones ive ever seen.

The klowns look amazing but the reason they seem to be pacing around ( like someone mentioned before) is probably due to how tiny this zone is.

I definitely love the zone but wow it is tiny

I mentioned this today about last night.. thankfully tonight they were much more active and in-your-face. With what little space they have, the amount of interaction was much improved. (could have simply been a different cast though)

When i passed by the zone, they were mostly posing for pics and waving a lot.
I loved the clowns themselves, i love their costumes and they fit the role well,

In the movie the clowns dont even move that much to be honest, they were rather slow.

Even with budget cuts, it does not make sense that they cant extend the props further away, the zone itself doesnt even need more props, they could just spread it out more.
Everything is clumped together.

Im hoping we get a house next year because this property deserved better

When i passed by the zone, they were mostly posing for pics and waving a lot.
I loved the clowns themselves, i love their costumes and they fit the role well,

In the movie the clowns dont even move that much to be honest, they were rather slow.

Even with budget cuts, it does not make sense that they cant extend the props further away, the zone itself doesnt even need more props, they could just spread it out more.
Everything is clumped together.

Im hoping we get a house next year because this property deserved better

I took the ‘budget cuts’ comment from @Legacy to be a joke, but maybe I am wrong. I have not been yet, but read something about the zone planning on having the some projection stuff. To me, this sounded like the reason for the placement of the zone....needing certain walls as screenz.

No clue why they wouldn’t use the alley, but maybe the zone is more of a show of sorts where they need the clowns to act with the projections so the don’t want them far away when the ice cream truck comes or something?

Or, where there true cuts? Wasn’t this the zone with foam from cotton candy guns or something?

I took the ‘budget cuts’ comment from @Legacy to be a joke, but maybe I am wrong. I have not been yet, but read something about the zone planning on having the some projection stuff. To me, this sounded like the reason for the placement of the zone....needing certain walls as screenz.

No clue why they wouldn’t use the alley, but maybe the zone is more of a show of sorts where they need the clowns to act with the projections so the don’t want them far away when the ice cream truck comes or something?

Or, where there true cuts? Wasn’t this the zone with foam from cotton candy guns or something?

if he was joking then that was wicked lol
and I understand using the walls for projections, but they could have spread out the props a little bit,

Im not saying the zone needed more elaborate props or set pieces, but they could have had at least some big balloons or at least something cheap like that.

This could be done in a giant field and it still wouldn’t be scary. These dudes are the size of blimps.

Intimacy would make it MORE not LESS scary. But, this is a selfie zone.

The movie isn’t scary why would this be?

Hot take, having revisited the movie last week: this should have been a house. The circus tent spaceship would be good for at least 3 rooms, throw in the jail scene, carnival and the female lead's bathroom (we all know Creative loves bathroom scenes)--this could have been an impressive dark humor house, with intimacy and boo holes allowing the Klowns to get some real scares, and special effects showcasing some of the more comedic scenes from the movie (would love to have seen shadow puppet monsters brought to life, or a puppet balloon dog).

On the flip side, this should've been AHS: Cult. Clown designs from that show were legit disturbing, would've worked better in a Zone. Re-purpose the ice cream truck as the pesticide truck. Combined with the show soundtrack, would've been a much scarier zone. Leave the humor to Vamp and Chucky.

Allow me to say, Klowns reminds me of the IOA HHN scarezone of Freaks & Foon's. It's seemingly not supposed to be scary, but I don't think this is also the "obligitory selfie zone" either. It's a zone to just have fun with, but not to be scared of. That said, I really hope this get's the TrT reception, garnering interest enough for a house, as there is material to do something fun with it.

That's just..my end of the shtick.

Hot take, having revisited the movie last week: this should have been a house. The circus tent spaceship would be good for at least 3 rooms, throw in the jail scene, carnival and the female lead's bathroom (we all know Creative loves bathroom scenes)--this could have been an impressive dark humor house, with intimacy and boo holes allowing the Klowns to get some real scares, and special effects showcasing some of the more comedic scenes from the movie (would love to have seen shadow puppet monsters brought to life, or a puppet balloon dog).

On the flip side, this should've been AHS: Cult. Clown designs from that show were legit disturbing, would've worked better in a Zone. Re-purpose the ice cream truck as the pesticide truck. Combined with the show soundtrack, would've been a much scarier zone. Leave the humor to Vamp and Chucky.

AHS Cult would’ve been a pretty fun scarezone and would fit well in the park, sucks about the Fox Disney merger.

Allow me to say, Klowns reminds me of the IOA HHN scarezone of Freaks & Foon's. It's seemingly not supposed to be scary, but I don't think this is also the "obligitory selfie zone" either. It's a zone to just have fun with, but not to be scared of. That said, I really hope this get's the TrT reception, garnering interest enough for a house, as there is material to do something fun with it.

This zone is a pretty big hit. Seen a lot of posts about this zone and Vamp online and both zones seem to just make people smile as soon as they see them

how did the Killer Klowns "look" Did they seem pretty authentic to the original characters? Were there "new" characters?

Any photos of that zone?

I wasn't joking. I was told last week the zone was hit by budget cuts.

Man, not sure how to even take that...shows what I know, I imagine fewer customs, props, people than they had hoped. I guess I just couldn't imagine a SZ having a budget cut, but maybe that is how they are putting together something for the 'surprise' zone folks are mentioning.

Man, not sure how to even take that...shows what I know, I imagine fewer customs, props, people than they had hoped. I guess I just couldn't imagine a SZ having a budget cut, but maybe that is how they are putting together something for the 'surprise' zone folks are mentioning.
Zones are typically the first things to get their budgets cut. They require the least adjustment because there's naturally less to them.

I really hope it becomes a house as well. I've been hoping the property would come to HHN for a while now, and I had ideas for what could work in the house. I always imagine a room where you walk through cotton candy cocoons.