Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 28: Seeds of Extinction

I always thought the dying/abandoned American mall would make for an excellent HHN house but I never thought it would come in this form. Seems like they're wasting an opportunity when seeds could have easily taken home in an abandoned lab or government building.

This is an intense, but still stunning house, with some great Costume design. My main problem with it is that it can feel really boring if you get a slow conga, I recommend hitting this one early in the day when not many guests hold up the line, you can get a great experience.

The rain last night caused everyone to turn away so me and two friends had no one around. The house was already solid in my opinion, but the seclusion made it really stand out.
Those runs where you're the only guests in the house are great, coincidentally I had one of those on Seeds as well and it was so intense I had to tug my bud's shirt to keep him from leaving me alone with those Clickers. :lol:
I always thought the dying/abandoned American mall would make for an excellent HHN house but I never thought it would come in this form. Seems like they're wasting an opportunity when seeds could have easily taken home in an abandoned lab or government building.
Would feel way too similar to StrTh.

This is an intense, but still stunning house, with some great Costume design. My main problem with it is that it can feel really boring if you get a slow conga, I recommend hitting this one early in the day when not many guests hold up the line, you can get a great experience.

Those runs where you're the only guests in the house are great, coincidentally I had one of those on Seeds as well and it was so intense I had to tug my bud's shirt to keep him from leaving me alone with those Clickers. :lol:
Would feel way too similar to StrTh.

you mention the great costume design, but they all looked the same, and one of the 3 costumes used was really weird and cheesy, looked like a hairy belly with teeth :lol:
the creatures were monotonous,

you mention the great costume design, but they all looked the same, and one of the 3 costumes used was really weird and cheesy, looked like a hairy belly with teeth :lol:
the creatures were monotonous,
I never mentioned that they was extremely varied costumes, just that they were well designed and looked fantastic. That "Hairy Belly with Teeth" is super creative and a great development on camo scares IMO.

its weird for me because scarecrow also repeated costumes but it felt great to go to that house and they were all scary and it didnt feel monotonous.

i dont know, maybe it was the energy of the scarecrows as well.

I know alot of people are raving about this house.

I however just didn't get it. I found the scenery for the most part to fall extremely flat as it was very one dimensional. The costumes seemed to be done well, but thanks to the wonders of the conga line, I constantly saw them resetting and thus the ability to camouflage was lost as well.

I did however get one decent scare out of this house that I never saw coming, and I rarely jump. Hats off to the actor in the role of [redacted]

Unfortunately of the 9 houses that I went through, this was bottom of my list.

I wish the OPs would pulse the crowd like they did in Krampus for this one, it would improve the experience so much.

They could do it too, this and TrT are the houses I always see with the shortest lines, probably due to their mile-long treks of entrances and exits.

What a house, this was the house i was least excited about. But loved it! Got some great effects (how about that floor huh) And even one scare actor that terrified me!
The plant scare actor that is on stilts. Don't know what it is about stilted characters that terrifies me!
There’s something about the “big” scaresctors in houses that terrifies me. That’s why the swamp yeti in SS get me every time.

I'd say this house is the Wild Card for this year, since everyone's opinion on this house wildly varies. For me I did enjoy it. The sets were great, and I liked some of the little surprises they incorporated into it. Now while I got some really hard hitting scares early on, the timing for the rest of the house was a little off for me. (But my friend Ian ended up getting hit by the others, so he found the house pretty effective.)

Now if I was able to hit the house up a second time and got a better runthrough, I'd probably put this up higher, but as it stands it was a good house, but just shy of being a great one for me. Though with that said, I'm happy I enjoyed the house none the less, otherwise that hike back to the park would feel so much longer.

The plant scare actor that is on stilts. Don't know what it is about stilted characters that terrifies me!

This was absolutely the highlight of the house for me,

because he wasn't just a boo and disappear. He sort of lunged out from his perch and then lingered for a wonderfully uncomfortable period of time

This was absolutely the highlight of the house for me,

because he wasn't just a boo and disappear. He sort of lunged out from his perch and then lingered for a wonderfully uncomfortable period of time
Any scares with actors that are just too big to logically fit where they always make it so much cooler and this house nailed fitting that stuff in.

Got to do this house alone at opening last night. In all my 8 years of going to the event I had never been scared to go in a house before. But me and my friend were terrified. We waited outside for a minute debating about going in. At one point some people walked out of the exit to the house and the guard informed us that those were the last people who entered. Meaning we would literally be the only ones in the house, since no one was in the queue behind us. Finally we worked up the courage to go in and it was easily the most terrifying run through I’ve had of a house. The only thing I can imagine being scarier is a run like that through dead exposure. If you can do this house alone, it is a must do!

Got to do this house alone at opening last night. In all my 8 years of going to the event I had never been scared to go in a house before. But me and my friend were terrified. We waited outside for a minute debating about going in. At one point some people walked out of the exit to the house and the guard informed us that those were the last people who entered. Meaning we would literally be the only ones in the house, since no one was in the queue behind us. Finally we worked up the courage to go in and it was easily the most terrifying run through I’ve had of a house. The only thing I can imagine being scarier is a run like that through dead exposure. If you can do this house alone, it is a must do!
I know the feeling, and it is awesome. Did a completely empty run through of Dead Silence back at HHN 17 on Halloween night. So much scarier when you are the only ones inside a house and get every single scare.