Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 28: Trick 'r Treat

I feel this can be a fantastic house, with varied and creative scares plus great theming opportunities.

My excitement level rankings for each house:
#1 DEPZ
#2 TrT
#3 StrTh

What do you guys think the facade will be?
walking either into or by the house with the ghost decorations with a Sam scare or a scare from the woman on the actual crucifix.

Last edited:
Trick ‘r Treat Returns to Halloween Horror Nights™ as a Terrifying New House

Break the rules and you'll pay the price.

By: Patrick Braillard

Take out your pen and paper and take notes, the rules of Halloween are returning this fall to Universal Studios Florida. Sam is back and making sure we all celebrate the holiday right in a new Trick ‘r Treat house at Universal Orlando's Halloween Horror Nights.

Last year was the first time Sam and his fellow trick-or-treaters came to Halloween Horror Nights in a terrifying scare zone. You, our fans, loved it, we loved it, and we all wanted more. It was an easy decision to partner with Legendary Pictures and writer-director Michael Dougherty again and bring back Trick ‘r Treat in an all-new experience.

We're throwing you head first into the world of this cult Halloween film, and putting you in the middle of all the grisly scenes and demented characters. These guardians of Halloween will teach you the traditions of the holiday as you find out first hand the consequences of breaking those rules. With monsters around every turn, you need to pay attention…or suffer the ultimate fate.

And then there's Sam who keeps a watchful eye over it all. He's the keeper of the rules and the spirit of Halloween. He may look cute on the outside but you don't want to get on his bad side… or the receiving end of his lollipop.

Trick-r-Treat-Coming-to-Halloween-Horror-Nights-2018-blogpost.jpg

Trick ‘r Treat is the third house in our line-up we've announced for Halloween Horror Nights. Stay tuned for the remaining six houses and the gruesome details on the scare zones. You're in for a bloody good time when it all starts Sept. 14 and runs select nights through Nov. 3.

Bookmark the blog for all your Horror Nights updates and click here to get your event tickets, including a special flex ticket offer that gives you a second night (Sunday – Friday) of scares when you purchase before June 6.

One problem I had with the costumes last year is that some of them lacked eye makeup and you could see right through their masks and see the normal person inside. That bunny is supposed to be a decomposed body that was reanimated, so I think they could do with a little brackish green paint around the eyes.

Taking this at face value, I do think the IP will be better used within a haunted house. The scarezone was beautiful, but really lacked for scares. I think TrT will translate very well into a house.

Big picture, I am disappointed to see an IP being repeated and especially coming back so soon. Just my two cents.

Not only was it a beautiful display of Halloween traditions, it was my favorite SZ to just sit & chill in last year so I cannot wait to see this in house form!