Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 29: Depths of Fear

Sooo... people are legitimately pissed over the dog in this house, huh? What the hell? I’m seeing quite a few tweets telling Universal to remove it and claiming it ruined the whole house for them.

It’s essentially a stuffed animal ripped in half...? There’s a cat being eaten by a demodog in Stranger Things, but for some reason this is a big deal?

Sooo... people are legitimately pissed over the dog in this house, huh? What the hell? I’m seeing quite a few tweets telling Universal to remove it and claiming it ruined the whole house for them.

It’s essentially a stuffed animal ripped in half...? There’s a cat being eaten by a demodog in Stranger Things, but for some reason this is a big deal?

Helix was a good boy. Deserved better.

I think it's because it's there for the cheap shock. Also, cats suck.

I feel so weird because people are acting like it’s this big scene but I completely missed it entirely.
It’s just lying on the ground against a wall in one of the rooms.

I think that’s part of my confusion too. Like, I’d care more if it was graphically shown, but it’s literally just a stuffed animal ripped in half sitting against a wall in a dark room.

He did and I love him, but I also love that the community can build this love for him haha. I don’t think he needs to vanish!

I'm not calling for his removal - but I get it.

It serves no purpose. At least the cat's death in Stranger Things shows Dustin that Dart is a threat. With Helix, he's not even killed by the Mouthbrooders, and the whimpering doesn't help at all.

I'm not calling for his removal - but I get it.

It serves no purpose. At least the cat's death in Stranger Things shows Dustin that Dart is a threat. With Helix, he's not even killed by the Mouthbrooders, and the whimpering doesn't help at all.

I don't really have a problem with disliking it. I'm more just shocked at the amount of tweets I saw calling for his removal. It was such a brief minor moment that I really didn't think twice about it and I also have a dog. It's not like this is the first time HHN has ever done something simply for shock value. :shrug:

I think people should be more upset at how underwhelming the house is, but I've said too much lol.

Also, going back to the serving no purpose thing. Apparently it's mentioned/foreshadowed earlier in the house as well according to some tweets, so it's not like it comes completely out of nowhere. I don't recall any foreshadowing myself, but it was such a brief, easy-to-miss moment anyhow that I'm not surprised I missed something else about it.

Also, going back to the serving no purpose thing. Apparently it's mentioned/foreshadowed earlier in the house as well according to some tweets, so it's not like it comes completely out of nowhere. I don't recall any foreshadowing myself, but it was such a brief, easy-to-miss moment anyhow that I'm not surprised I missed something else about it.

Yea, they have a sign and some pics. Regardless of the photos, this gag screams cheap heat. You can’t even tell if it was planned or added as a last-second - that’s how “non-essential” it is. They've done dead animals before and never have elicited this kind of reaction. They've also had dead babies/children. They've all served some purpose in storytelling or made sense in the scope of the house. Again, if Helix met his demise by being overtaken by the parasite, or eaten by the Fish men, I bet we see a different reaction.

A few months ago the movie Alita: Battle Angel was in theaters and it has an Off screen doggy death ( you dont even see what happens to doggy but you see blood on the floor)
That also made people so angry and there was so much heat from the scene that the twitter account had to make a short cgi clip of the doggy becoming a cyborg dog in order to stop the anger lol.
Then people were okay with it.

Maybe this dog should had become a mutated fish monster at the end lol, they should make a dog-fish puppet to show that doggy became one of them

Yea, they have a sign and some pics. Regardless of the photos, this gag screams cheap heat. You can’t even tell if it was planned or added as a last-second - that’s how “non-essential” it is. They've done dead animals before and never have elicited this kind of reaction. They've also had dead babies/children. They've all served some purpose in storytelling or made sense in the scope of the house. Again, if Helix met his demise by being overtaken by the parasite, or eaten by the Fish men, I bet we see a different reaction.

See, and I can respect the simple aspect of finding it cheap or non-essential. It's more just the wild outcry to cut it from the house because it's so tragically offensive at an event littered with every form of gore you can think of that baffles me. I mean, this reaction almost feels like it trumps the reaction of any other house that's had underwhelming, lazy writing in the past.