Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 29: Ghostbusters

That's too bad--I liked
them using ghosts from the other two movies.
Me too!! I don’t think this necessarily means the death of the character, or the concept, but I don’t know WHAT it means. The roommate is kind of hard to get in contact with and I don’t want to push and be like,
“where are you now? Is the Ringleader okay?”
It would just be cool for somebody to be on the lookout for me before I check it out again Friday.

Me too!! I don’t think this necessarily means the death of the character, or the concept, but I don’t know WHAT it means. The roommate is kind of hard to get in contact with and I don’t want to push and be like,
“where are you now? Is the Ringleader okay?”
It would just be cool for somebody to be on the lookout for me before I check it out again Friday.
I went through last night and saw the character. He actually jump scared me pretty good!

Ringleader is definitely back. I got a really good run last night and saw just about every scare. Pretty great house.
Yep! The roommate is back in the role, and this weekend marked his first run with uninterrupted sets! He pointed at my boyfriend and I when he saw us and I’m surprised at just how far stilt performers can reach...

(Just wanted to note somewhere, didn’t know where to put it, that Slimer absolutely destroyed me last night. I’d been smiling and mouthing along to some of the dialogue, was alllll the way at the end with “We came, we saw, we kicked its ass,” and all was well until Slimer did his scare and basically knocked me over because I jumped so much. My boyfriend said it was the worst scare he’d ever seen me get. Put me in my place. So silly but so effective.

Yep! The roommate is back in the role, and this weekend marked his first run with uninterrupted sets! He pointed at my boyfriend and I when he saw us and I’m surprised at just how far stilt performers can reach...

(Just wanted to note somewhere, didn’t know where to put it, that Slimer absolutely destroyed me last night. I’d been smiling and mouthing along to some of the dialogue, was alllll the way at the end with “We came, we saw, we kicked its ass,” and all was well until Slimer did his scare and basically knocked me over because I jumped so much. My boyfriend said it was the worst scare he’d ever seen me get. Put me in my place. So silly but so effective.
Great story! That same Slimer totally got someone in my group on Friday. I was a bit ahead and just missed that last scare, but I knew from previous walkthroughs that he was there. I walked outside and turned around just in time to see one of my friends get totally blasted by that Slimer. He nearly fell over too. It was hilarious. I just love that house!

I pushed the red button on the lady’s desk and she yelled at me while something came over the speakers... is that the official response?

I think what came over the speakers is what the red button triggers, however it should be noted that red button is NOT a "Guest Activated Trigger". Hence why Janine yelled at you.

*Remember folks, GAT's are generally big buttons all lit up like all the GAT's in KKfOS.

Yes, just hold up your hand and he will high five you if he wants to. Don’t force it so to speak
Aw :^( I just did Ghostbusters for the 11th(?) time last night; around my 7th or so last week, he initiated a fist-bump with me, and I assumed it was because he recognized me. Last night, he waved but also pointed at me, and I can’t tell if that was just because of his routine or if he did actually notice I was back. :^(

On that note, I always love to mouth along with, “We came, we saw, we kicked its ass!” not only because the line is fun, but because it’s just so antithetical to anything that a scare could be and its silly. It’s not even startling. The fist-bump was when I think he noticed me participating in the line with him, so maybe that’s a way to prompt him to engage?

Finally, as far as I’ve experienced, Cast B Venkman is the one doing the high-fives. Cast A Venkman, observably and from the opinion of the scareactor whose boo hole is very close to his, tends to hit his trigger constantly, which sort of messes up the surprise. I’ve mouthed along but have yet to interact with that one. Cast B Venkman, or “my Cast B boy,” is all smiles, all the time.

I was having fun with Cast B Venkman about a week ago and considered a high five :lol: Good to know that's allowed (or at least is initiated by the scare actors)

According to my UTH guide, the 3rd ghost in the containment unit scene, the one that isn't a Scolari brother, is supposed to be from the 2020 movie but may have been cut. Also, Venkman's(?) proton pack in the Slimer getting zapped scene is based on the design from the new movie as well. They were sent one made a copy then sent it back.

According to my UTH guide, the 3rd ghost in the containment unit scene, the one that isn't a Scolari brother, is supposed to be from the 2020 movie but may have been cut. Also, Venkman's(?) proton pack in the Slimer getting zapped scene is based on the design from the new movie as well. They were sent one made a copy then sent it back.
Good, I was wondering what the hell that third ghost was! Cast B 2020 Ghost got all the way in my path one of these last few times I’ve done it, and I literally said (not loudly) to his face, partially to myself, “bruh, why?” because the scare would have caused me to run into him were I not staying attentive. I’m sure scareactors wouldn’t like that, so why jump between two guests?

You mean as been "cut" from the movie or in the house?

Last edited:
All I can say is oof if I’m talking about my run yesterday.
  • The librarian scare wasn’t there (not close to a cast change, just a hole).
  • The first physical Slimer (after seeing the Pepper’s Ghost version) wasn’t there.
  • Ray was in that hallway, but very sparse on his scaring. I actually said out loud, “oh, he’s gone, too?” and he stepped out of his boo hole just a little to stamp his foot at me as a startle tactic and went back in. Yikes.
  • The hand-on-the-wall effect has been off for quite some time, but usually I’ve seen it in the setting where the hand is fully extended but stationary. There was no hand there last night, as if the effect were just abandoned.
  • No Winston, at least in Cast B.
  • Forgive me for drawing a blank, but the white ghost scare that’s a large pop-up puppet right after the stilt scare either wasn’t working or was very few and far between with its scares. I didn’t see it go off or even be in the process of resetting.
  • The final Slimer wasn’t present for me at all, though the guest behind me did see him for a split second.
If I were to say anything about that run, it felt like the cast lost its steam entirely. Cast B Venkman did wave, stop for a second, and point at me again, so I think he recognized me, while Janine directed her dialogue to me and asked if I was picking up or dropping off, so that was nice. The rest of the cast, though, felt like they weren’t that interested in setting off their scare, if it even worked. It’s something. Still love the house, but yikes.

You mean as been "cut" from the movie or in the house?
Can’t say what that was referring to, but that thing was gone from the house as of last night. Just Scoleri now.

Last edited: