Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 29: Halloween Marathon of Mayhem

One more question, for someone who has never seen Cinematic Celebration, where is the best place to view such a show? Would duff gardens suffice?

Does anyone think the second show might be a lagoon show? Is there any evidence for that? I know they've started doing daytime shows fairly recently, so am wondering if they will also expand to HHN. Would it be too busy to even consider?

Good secret keeping, people who knew. I had just started figuring this one out and I see why no one really said much about this post. heh heh

Pretty excited for it!

YESS I have been waiting for this announcement. So excited to see what this HMoM show will be, and excited that this will help to take some crowds away and kind of spread out with both this show & my AoV family show. So, see you all in the fog Sept 6th

The funny part that came into my head was what if the show started right and every scareactor apart from or maybe Plaza Of The Stars, all the scareactors get away from the zones all convene on the sides of the show and watch everyone and then once the show ends, they begin to attack the guests and head back to their respective zones, yes seems cheesy but it seemed cool, or some form of it would be cool to see happen lol

The funny part that came into my head was what if the show started right and every scareactor apart from or maybe Plaza Of The Stars, all the scareactors get away from the zones all convene on the sides of the show and watch everyone and then once the show ends, they begin to attack the guests and head back to their respective zones, yes seems cheesy but it seemed cool, or some form of it would be cool to see happen lol

The empty zones would sure suck... specially 3 times per night....

In early Sept, sunset is still around 8pm...and then it doesn't get TRULY dark for at least another hour. They probably need it to be completely dark for the projections. Maybe in October they'll add another show.

I know people that leave by 10 pm because of the crowds. ( arrive at 6, leave by 10)

I understand what you mean, but 9 pm is dark enough for a show. i dont know, academy of villains first show is like at 7:50 or something ( same with bill and ted before) 10 pm seems so late for the first show

I know people that leave by 10 pm because of the crowds. ( arrive at 6, leave by 10)

I understand what you mean, but 9 pm is dark enough for a show. i dont know, academy of villains first show is like at 7:50 or something ( same with bill and ted before) 10 pm seems so late for the first show

I agree with your principle, but that would be like saying if the 4th of July is on a Wed and kids have school the next day (they have all year school by me) that fireworks at 10pm are too late and should be at 7pm. Fireworks suck in the day time.

A show like AOV or whatever that is under cover and has all kinds of lighting itself, is a different story. You NEED light to see the performers. For a light show, you NEED dark to be able to see the show. Think of a movie, you can go see a 2pm show in a theater, but Drive-In's don't start until after dusk.

I imagine they’ll add a 9pm show in October as part of a “it’s a huge hit” marketing angle.

Since there are three shows I think we can assume there will be no pyro?

No, No it's not. Sun needs to be 100% gone for the lagoon show, cause projections.

Also, please consider they probably want to use this show to extend time spent in the park, They don't want you wrapping up your day at 9pm. The show times are literally perfect for extending stays. Say you miss the 10 because you're in line for a maze, you wait another hour.

It makes technical sense (Absolutely 0 chance of sun), and it makes business sense (guest spending more time in park).

No, No it's not. Sun needs to be 100% gone for the lagoon show, cause projections.

Also, please consider they probably want to use this show to extend time spent in the park, They don't want you wrapping up your day at 9pm. The show times are literally perfect for extending stays. Say you miss the 10 because you're in line for a maze, you wait another hour.

It makes technical sense (Absolutely 0 chance of sun), and it makes business sense (guest spending more time in park).

Well they run the show at 9pm tonight....

Maybe instead of pulling crowds it’s more like “hey we know between 9pm-12am the lines are outrageous and the streets are packed, so here is something to do”? Even if it’s not a people eater, I think it really fills out the event and brings the lagoon in as part of the experience rather than the reason I have blisters on my feet! Can’t wait to see it!

Well they run the show at 9pm tonight....

Lots of questions to be asked about the technical and logistical elements of the show being run during HHN that could make it more difficult than one could imagine to do the show earlier. But usually when dealing with light you can't control and projectors outside, the later whatever it is that is happening, the better.

But, the reason the show probably starts that late is because HHN is a late start event and they want you to spend as much time in the parks as possible. I don't think this is something they would plan as a distraction or diversion.