Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 29: House of 1000 Corpses

This house maybe a hit or miss to me at times, I think it's just where it's place is what makes me concerned about this house, it should have been put where Seeds or Trick or Slaughter were all located, those spots are each perfect to give this house a more elaborate facade and space.

This house maybe a hit or miss to me at times, I think it's just where it's place is what makes me concerned about this house, it should have been put where Seeds or Trick or Slaughter were all located, those spots are each perfect to give this house a more elaborate facade and space.

From what’s been put up, facade does not seem to be a problem.

I just hope the house does really well, I mean it's been long overdue for our event and has been in Hollywood at least three or four times, so I hope they do a good job with the house and hope the scareactors have a lot of fun with their roles.

Based solely on one night and only half the houses--this is my surprise sleeper hit of the year.

Turns out my friend loves this movie. She couldn't quit raving about the house, said it perfectly captured the movie. As a non-fan, I still respected the design both in terms of set detail and the fact it feels "built to scare." Also, tho I don't know who they are, the characters were all colorfully creepy, and best of all diverse (three of the other houses I saw suffer from Single Monster Design Syndrome, might be the unofficial theme this year). Cast seemed to be into scaring. This house makes me want to watch HoTC, something I never thought I'd say 6 months ago.

Based solely on one night and only half the houses--this is my surprise sleeper hit of the year.

Turns out my friend loves this movie. She couldn't quit raving about the house, said it perfectly captured the movie. As a non-fan, I still respected the design both in terms of set detail and the fact it feels "built to scare." Also, tho I don't know who they are, the characters were all colorfully creepy, and best of all diverse (three of the other houses I saw suffer from Single Monster Design Syndrome, might be the unofficial theme this year). Cast seemed to be into scaring. This house makes me want to watch HoTC, something I never thought I'd say 6 months ago.
Your friend is right, you will love it. I would recommend some nice fried chicken as you watch it, because "it just tastes so damn good."

House is too dark. Too dark....
half of the details on the house are lost in darkness. You cant even see the actors faces in some of the rooms.
Some props like fish boy are too dark to notice.

Really disappointing because a lot of work went into this house .

There are so many little props and so many details on the walls that are lost.
I hate when they do this

Compare this to universal monsters or depths of fear and those houses use lighting well

Whats the point of putting so much detail when you cant see it

Last edited:
This is quickly rising on my ranking list. Amazing job on the IP and proves that MiB isn’t a totally cursed venue. Only complaint about it is that it’s a little short IMO compared to the old Hollywood house

This. House. Blew. All. Of. My. Expectations. Away! The cast in this house is killing it! And the music in the maze and the wacky transitions are the icing on the cake! My only question is is the house designed for the firefly house to be the murder ride since it begins and ends in the gas station?

This. House. Blew. All. Of. My. Expectations. Away! The cast in this house is killing it! And the music in the maze and the wacky transitions are the icing on the cake! My only question is is the house designed for the firefly house to be the murder ride since it begins and ends in the gas station?
yeah, its like that