Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 29: Vanity Ball

This was mentioned about the zone by Orlando Park Pass, should be interesting if they are going this route with the zone.

The stage that just got set up is ripped straight out of Bioshock. This basically seems like a Dr. Steinman zone and I couldn’t be more excited

I know this will be a similar case as the defilibrator thing in Revenge of Chucky, but why haven't the mini side stages been used yet? They are even decked out from the inside as I have seen...

Gotta say, unless there's something coming we haven't seen, this isn't a stitch on Chucky.

Pardon the pun.

So what are the mini-stages for? I didn't see them used last night and can't find any videos

Honestly though, props to Uni for doing a drag show in the middle of the event. I never, in a million years, would've seen that coming.
But I don't think they handled it right. What message did they really leave with this zone? For me, I came away puzzled and see it as the most middle of the ground, play it safe LGBTQ scarezone we can possible do.

I don't want to turn this into some sort of social issue thing, but if someone is anti-gay, I can totally see how they can walk out of that zone thinking Universal was making fun of that community. Then it pleases those in the community though because of the "inclusion" though. Again, very, VERY safe. And imo, this zone is a dud compared to Chucky last year.

I feel dumb but i didnt know the zone was being inclusive to the lgtb. But i wont comment on that.

Just looking it as a zone, this has the fun energy that vamp 85 had. It almost feels like a continuation. The actors are a lot of fun and having fun with the zone.
But the costumes feel kinda cheap. Not the runway costumes but the nurse and patient characters look like they came from a local haunt, kind of. The mini stages are cool but they seem to always be empty.
The runway stage is cool. The speaker actor on top of the stage does a great job too. I think the problem of the zone is just the stuff around the runway.

This zone is a ton of fun and very clearly inspired by the New York Gay Ball scene. Check out Paris is Burning on Netflix if you’re not familiar. We ended up spending a good amount of time in the zone last night interacting with the characters and watching the runway shows.

I will say some of the scare actors could understand the source material a little better and it would make the zone that much better.

Does anybody remember the names of the runway models? Michael is in purple with the double breastbone suit. Regina has the hands on her head and fingers on her shoulders. "Something is different but I can't put my finger on it" and "let's give Regina a hand." Finally, Antonio is wearing the spiderweb design. There are more characters and I can post pics if that helps.

I Love it gives a throw back to, the time of the "Ball" era that started the Vogue Scene, and when the LGBTQ community had to do their thing at these balls if you were African American, Latino. So, a lot of people are getting that and some not, but noticed on Twitter people are saying it is making them feel better about them self and how they look, and even if you look spooky you can fit in and just be yourself. I also think this was a little FX "POSE" esque kind of thing towards Ryan Murphy and his visions, that A&D may of not of got the chance to do.
So you better WERQ "VANITY BALL", from all of us at The House of Vayne, we will be seeing you again real soon, and "LIFE'S A BALL SO GET UP ON THE DANCEFLOOR" & WERQ THAT RUNWAY

I want to give props to the scare actor with the missing eye walking around with a park map looking for the Terminator attraction. :clap:

I walked through with a twisted tater and he just stopped dead and screamed, "BE CAREFUL WITH THAT!!!!!!! ....you could put an eye out" and just walked away

My travel crew spent the majority of our scare zone sitting time right here. We always love the interactive zones, and this had interactivity in spades.

They also worked well with my 11 month old daughter who we brought with us. If any of you are or know the actors in this zone, just pass along our heartfelt thanks for keeping us and our daughter entertained this past weekend.