HHN 32 Construction Thread | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 32 Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I agree, i think the creatures or whatever that are in there could make or break that zone, I’m curious what they’ll be like, but it definitely feels generic so far and not a fan of it visually. Because of that it’s definitely bottom of my list for hype now.

I don’t know I’m liking the way Shipyard is looking so far. I think it looks great and appropriate given the theme of the zone. Not sure what y’all expect out of a shipyard.

Jungle of Doom is my most anticipated cause that looks amazing.

Dark Zodiac still looking… meh so far. Need to see more before it gets above last place in my hype list.

I don’t know I’m liking the way Shipyard is looking so far. I think it looks great and appropriate given the theme of the zone. Not sure what y’all expect out of a shipyard.

Dark Zodiac still looking… meh so far. Need to see more before it gets above last place in my hype list.
Props don’t make the scarezone though

Honestly, I was expecting a set piece invoking the prow of a ship. At the moment, between the boxes and pre-existing monsters, this has a last-minute-replacement feel (though it apparently isn’t).

And while props don’t make a scarezone on their own, they’re at least 50% of what does.

Yeah, for me Shipyard looks fairly accurate to what a shipyard is. We've got a crane, we've got a whole bunch of crates, boxes and cages, that's par for the course here! Ultimately, the shipyard isn't the focus here, it's various creatures that have escaped onto said shipyard.

And need we be reminded that San Fran is a zone that chokes up incredibly easy when there's too many big set pieces. What they have out now is fine for what they're going for.

Honestly, I was expecting a set piece invoking the prow of a ship. At the moment, between the boxes and pre-existing monsters, this has a last-minute-replacement feel (though it apparently isn’t).

And while props don’t make a scarezone on their own, they’re at least 50% of what does.
A ship prop would make it too similar to Dead Man’s Wharf from 26.

Reactions: Ahmanet
A ship prop would make it too similar to Dead Man’s Wharf from 26.
Similarity to Dead Man's Wharf is never a bad thing, especially since the tone will presumably be entirely different.

SF is not an ideal zone location, but its had some great ones - Wharf, Die-In, and Rob Zombie were all excellent. It has a lot more versatility and a better track record then Central Park, so its a shame to see it wasted. We also just did a best-of-creatures house last year and a similar zone in Hollywood for 30, so this seems particularly low effort.

Reactions: Galactus