HHN 33: Tips, Tricks & Planning Thread | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 33: Tips, Tricks & Planning Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
To answer the inevitable Hell Week question -- after a few years of staggering days off, the five closest counties (Orange, Oscelola, Seminole, Volusia, Brevard) have settled on Monday, October 14 as their in-service day. Which corresponds to Columbus Day up north. Expect a massively busy weekend with wall-to-wall middle and high school kids, particularly that Sunday.

In addition, Orange County (the one Orlando sits in and the biggest of the big three local) is off Friday, October 25, so expect a spike in kids that Thursday/Friday.

Finally Volusia (Daytona Beach) is also out Friday, September 20 and Polk (which is technically the Tampa market but at its closest <20 miles from Universal) has a half-day, so might see a spike that Thursday/Friday as well, but not to the level of the above dates.

Do we usually know prior to opening night?

IIRC, we find out opening night when folks report from the various stay and scream pens.
The best thing to expect is NY generally opens to SS 22 (A Quiet Place) and at least one other, though they've let folks line up for more in previous years. But NY doesn't open up to the SS 23 house down at the entrance to the park, so no Monstruos.

If there's a S&S in Richter's, it'll probably open to Major Sweets.

Springfield is the big ??? right now, as we don't know if they'll include either or both of the new Sprung tents. I would expect at least one of the the original tents. (Be it Slaughter Sinema or Museum.)

Question;
I always go in September and will be there opening weekend again, but want to throw in a late October visit.
Which week would be better, 10/23 - 10/28 or 10/30-11/4. I assume less crowds after Halloween but not sure if the atmosphere & houses suffer because scare actors might be tapping out?
Thanks!

Springfield is the big ??? right now, as we don't know if they'll include either or both of the new Sprung tents. I would expect at least one of the the original tents. (Be it Slaughter Sinema or Museum.)
I wonder if they're considering adjusting how S&S is laid out this year to accommodate just how far the two newer tents are? Ticket scanners at FFL rather than Central Park? It's a bit of a tight area to accommodate a holding pen and queues for houses.

Question;
I always go in September and will be there opening weekend again, but want to throw in a late October visit.
Which week would be better, 10/23 - 10/28 or 10/30-11/4. I assume less crowds after Halloween but not sure if the atmosphere & houses suffer because scare actors might be tapping out?
Thanks!
By this point, there's already a few holes in the houses... but not too bad. Definitely would recommend after Halloween, crowds died down a lot.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Question;
Thanks!
With RBLX, by that point in October attrition has already done its damage. I would guess better off with the second weekend, weekend before is traditionally slammed. I'm curious when local bars observe Halloween this year, if they wait for 11/1, that might keep crowds down a bit, in addition to the general post-holiday loss of interest. Plus Halloween night itself at the event is always just a little more fun.