HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017 | Page 167 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
From what I've been seeing on the app, Saw is getting the longest lines on the backlot and Insidious is the most popular maze in general. Looks like I'll be hitting Saw first.

Reactions: chris.g
Jabbawockeez

Originating from the Westside of the galaxy light years away, the Jabbawockeez, have crash-landed on planet Earth and are now stranded in the 1950s. Feeling out of place from outer space, a musical journey ensues as they try to find a way back home. On this fantastic voyage through this strange land, the Jabbawockeez encounter a like-minded and masked character named Alizé-unaware that this being they've just met may hold the key to the Jabbawockeez' homecoming.

Yxpgut

So I'm in this supposed three hour line for Insidious. It's not. I just got in and it's only a half hour at the worst. The line is mostly empty. Titans was posted 70 and only waited 40. They're lying about the wait times!

They did that last year too! The Exorcist was posted for some ungodly wait time like 200 minutes but there were only three people in line!

How were the mazes, by the way? Is ToT really the best one? How was the Shining in particular?

They did that last year too! The Exorcist was posted for some ungodly wait time like 200 minutes but there were only three people in line!

How were the mazes, by the way? Is ToT really the best one? How was the Shining in particular?
Get ready for my full length review in the next day or two but yikes....I think our friend Aaron was right.

I dunno what y'all were smoking where you all were like, "THE SHINING WAS PERFECT!" "NO BLACK WALLS!" I wonder if you even saw the same maze because at least 1/3 of the maze were random black hallways....actually that's all the mazes this year.

Last edited:
Get ready for my full length review in the next day or two but yikes....I think outlet friend Aaron was right.

I dunno what y'all were smoking where you all were like, "THE SHINING WAS PERFECT!" "NO BLACK WALLS!" I wonder if you even saw the same maze because at least 1/3 of the maze were random black hallways....actually that all the mazes this year.

There was definitely alot of editing + not much happening in initial videos, so that was probably it. I still like what I saw of the Shining, though. There were scares, at the very least.

Get ready for my full length review in the next day or two but yikes....I think outlet friend Aaron was right.

I dunno what y'all were smoking where you all were like, "THE SHINING WAS PERFECT!" "NO BLACK WALLS!" I wonder if you even saw the same maze because at least 1/3 of the maze were random black hallways....actually that all the mazes this year.

The videos must have been edited then, because all the videos I've seen made most of the mazes appear as though there were little to no black walls

It's always the JP Extended queue that has bad posted wait times... last year Halloween had a 170 min wait, only waited 10...

Get ready for my full length review in the next day or two but yikes....I think our friend Aaron was right.

I dunno what y'all were smoking where you all were like, "THE SHINING WAS PERFECT!" "NO BLACK WALLS!" I wonder if you even saw the same maze because at least 1/3 of the maze were random black hallways....actually that's all the mazes this year.

Can't really say I'm surprised there, I know when Socal Attractions 360, ThemeparkHD etc. put up their videos, it'll show a much clearer picture of the mazes. Much more so then a edited instagram vid.

Reactions: rageofthegods
Can't win all the years I guess. Still, I'm happy the Shining finally made it and at least got the most iconic scenes in, even if it had to fill it up with black walls to pad it out / provide opportunities for scares.

I wonder if the team should be expanded next year? Still have Murdy and Chris but bring on two or three new people, make it a team like Orlando. As it stands, writing something like 700 pages for treatments + designing each element of each maze every year has got to be exhausting. A budget increase would be nice too, I suppose. Get some of that new-fangled projection mapping, possibly for that rumoured Twin Peaks maze.

But that's for next year. Overall, after seeing Arsic's videos (which are more "full" than the instagram videos) and seeing the reaction on Twitter, I think this year will be pretty ok overall. Not 2016 good, maybe, but a good year and a leap above some of the crappier years like 2013 or even 2015. ToT looks legitimately great and an improvement on some of last year's mazes, Blumhouse has apparently improved a lot since the preview and Saw and Ash are mixed-bags that some people like and some people hate. Roanoke and Insidious are supposed to be good as well.

Reactions: Freak
Hahahahahahah dude there is a team, we just don't hear about them

The fact that this comes as a surprise to me both proves you right and makes me feel dumb.

Edit: Ash above Shining and Terror Tram above BoH and ToT? Wow, that's really going against the general sentiment I'm seeing over on social media.

Sometimes I do stuff differently. People always act like Murdy single handily tackles HHN which isn't true, he's the hype man. Even though he is my role model I still have to point out that he doesn't do everything.

TOT will cool down around 11 and BOH will be around 40 if you follow that order.

Sometimes I do stuff differently. People always act like Murdy single handily tackles HHN which isn't true, he's the hype man. Even though he is my role model I still have to point out that he doesn't do everything.

TOT will cool down around 11 and BOH will be around 40 if you follow that order.

Ohhhh, I feel dumb now. That's your gameplan, not your house rankings.

I would have thought it'd be good to do the whole lower lot first? just get Insidious + Shining out of the way first so you won't have to deal with the monster lines at 11 or so.