HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017 | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Cant figure out why, but everyone is kinda just migrating over here while HNN has died out with discussion. Weird. 

Yeah, I've been noticing that too and I don't understand why either, but if I'm gonna talk HHN with people, I gotta go where the crowd goes! I feel like this site has a constant flow of conversation and I would read it just as regularly as HNN. Reminds me of when the Vault fell through, although nowhere near as bad haha.

^Coven IMO probably has the most to work with other than Roanoke 

More than Asylum or Freak Show?! Heck, I feel Hotel could've had it's own mega-maze of it's own. But hey, if you say so haha.

I want Stranger Things, I won't get Stranger Things so I'm bummed out.

Never say never! I remember thinking Alice Cooper, UMR, AvP, TITE and The Exorcist would be never. We've had three of those for two years and another possibly getting another year. Anything is possible!

Mazes:

- American Horror Story 

- The Conjuring

- Trick or Treat 

- Insidious 

- The Walking Dead (Obviously)

-  The Mummy (Reboot)

- The Thing (Original) 

- Hellraiser (Remake or Original)

Scare Zone (Or Zones):

Unknown

Show:

Jabbawockeez 

Terror Tram:

Saw Legacy: Live or Die

Don't really think that "The Exorcist" will be returning and if it does I do think it will be based on the TV show or a completely different take on it. I think Murdy is gonna take a break for more than a while on 3D mazes. "Saw" has been done in the past in 2009 and 2010 but I don't think that "Saw Legacy" will have enough content to make a Maze but I do think we could be seeing it as the Terror Tram.

So uh.... how's everyone feel about a solo Alien maze? Especially with Covenant next year? 

I would actually kind of LOVE to see a Solo Alien Maze. Like would really like to see one considering they have Props from AVP and there is a Chance they may still have the Alien Queen which would be awesome to see again. I was disappointed with Alien Vs Predator but I would love to see what they could do with a Solo Alien Maze. (Re-Edit) Also with June most of the time being home to the First Maze Announcement and Alien Covenant comes out in May so it connects the Puzzle Pieces).

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: chris.g
I feel like Resident Evil would be more likely than Alien, but even then Stranger Things would win out as a big-budget creature house. I doubt Alien will happen.

Fun fact: AVP was the most expensive house in HHN's history. Imagine how much a house set inside the Nostromo would cost. I doubt it. 

And didn't John say that after 2015 all of the props from AVP would be destroyed? So then they'd have to recreate all of the props from the most expensive maze ever done, doesn't seem likely 

Already close to booking a hotel for 3rd weekend of September to experience HHN Hollywood again. I haven't been since 2012?? Anyways very much looking forward to seeing it again next year. With that being said here are my BOLD YHUGE 2017 HHN Hollywood projections!

- AHS returns

- Conjuring OR Insidious

- Amityville Horror

- Aliens Returns

- Friday the 13th

- Killer Clowns from OuterSpace (Crosses Fingers)

I feel like Resident Evil would be more likely than Alien, but even then Stranger Things would win out as a big-budget creature house. I doubt Alien will happen.

Fun fact: AVP was the most expensive house in HHN's history. Imagine how much a house set inside the Nostromo would cost. I doubt it. 

From my understanding the rights to RE were only acquired for a 3 year period which has long since expired.

Reactions: Alexshow.
As of now, this will be my speculated list of houses for next year (excluding TWD)

-Stranger Things

-Saw: Legacy

-The Conjuring 

-Trick 'r Treat

-Hellraiser

-AHS

If we get an eighth house, I'm sure it will be 3D and it'll be with a musician (Probably Alice Cooper).

Terrror Tram? Eh, probably Hellevator. I wouldn't like it because it would feel too much like a giant ad for the show, but it could work as a throwaway attraction.

Finally, please for the love of peace no more Purge. We've had it for four years now. It's time to move on. 

^ These are my predictions as well with the exception of Stranger Things. I honestly expect it to be a toss up between Conjuring and Insidious, but I hope Conjuring takes it. 

If This is the End can be a house, Stranger Things certainly can be. 

Also if Conjuring doesn't happen, then I could see Insidious happening again. I hope we get Conjuring though because we've had Insidious twice already. 

Reactions: chris.g
If This is the End can be a house, Stranger Things certainly can be. 

I would see Sausage Party coming as a maze before Stranger Things came if I'm being honest. Murdy has confirmed he's never even seen the show, but has heard good things about it. He has also talked about Netflix properties before saying he hasn't been reached about it, and honestly doesn't know how obtaining such rights would play out. 

Not trying to shoot it down, but I wouldn't count it as a property for at least next year. Got a feeling Murdy wants to do another "fan based" year and just go off Orlando's event. 

So forgot to post this the other day, but at the beginning of my Studio Tour on Sunday I noticed an HHN style tent go up near the exit of the Studio Tour and some and land surveyors (measuring the area I guess) walking around, etc. By the time the tour was done, the tent had been taken down. 

So... possible new HHN maze location? 

So forgot to post this the other day, but at the beginning of my Studio Tour on Sunday I noticed an HHN style tent go up near the exit of the Studio Tour and some and land surveyors (measuring the area I guess) walking around, etc. By the time the tour was done, the tent had been taken down. 

So... possible new HHN maze location? 

Was it at the area around the Tram repair bay? If so, I wonder if that means something for the future of the Terror Tram..