Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017

Even though I'm personally fine with an All Nite Die-In house with the four Titans, I know fan reception will be mostly mixed, considering we just had them last year, and how a lot of people want properties that for sure aren't coming this year.

Even though I'm personally fine with an All Nite Die-In house with the four Titans, I know fan reception will be mostly mixed, considering we just had them last year, and how a lot of people want properties that for sure aren't coming this year.

I'd be fine with it as well.. it'd be a great send-off for all 4 characters (for the time being anyway)..

I feel like we'll see Jason or the Halloween brand (Season of The Witch) at least one more time in the future. Not so likely for Leatherface or Freddy, they seem to be at the end of their time at HHN.

I guarantee if they're able to work through their issues with Dimension Studios and get Rob Zombie back on board, we'll get the Halloween brand one more time as Rob Zombie's Halloween.. it was a huge IP request for a while based on the popularity of the 2009 Halloween maze and Rob Zombie's involvement with House of 1000 Corpses 3D

I guarantee if they're able to work through their issues with Dimension Studios and get Rob Zombie back on board, we'll get the Halloween brand one more time as Rob Zombie's Halloween.. it was a huge IP request for a while based on the popularity of the 2009 Halloween maze and Rob Zombie's involvement with House of 1000 Corpses 3D

And considering the dream-like sequence we went through near the end of the Halloween maze, I'm sure they would incorporate the surreal scenes from Rob Zombie's Halloween 2 in it.

I will say that HHNU is right sometimes we are like the community. We speculate and we write about Rumors, Leaks, and all types of interesting stuff. I generally enjoy writing for them. My prediction for the Next Maze Announcement is July 19th as Orlando has had a trend with announcing things on Wednesday (Assuming the next maze announcement is Shared).

*yawns* Oh hey guys... back from the dead. :died: Finally dragged myself back on here after being too busy for the past several months.. yay real world crap :saw: What'd I miss? :look:

Sooooo in regards to the whole Don Mancini (Chucky's creator) flat out stating that everyone's favorite killer doll would be at HHN this year, well he was telling the truth, from a certain point of view. We can all hope that Chucky will be here on the west coast (Terror Tram?), but until that announcement happens, it has been announced that HHN Japan will have a "Cult of Chucky" maze this year...
nUA9lWo.jpg

Ugh I'd prefer a Chucky house tbh, the one Orlando did in 09 was pretty fun. If I remember wasn't that the Chucky Terror Tram extremely low rated? If so Murdy will hopefully recognize that or at least mash Chucky up with other horror icons

Hollywood has featured everyone's favorite killer doll in all 4 options for HHN Hollywood....

1992, 1997-2000, 2006-2008 - Chucky's Insult Emporium (show)
2009 - Chucky's Funhouse (House of Horrors overlay)
2010 - Chucky's Revenge (Terror Tram)
2013 - Curse of Chucky (scarezone featuring the Insult Emporium)

While an official maze would be nice, if enough effort is made... I think the Terror Tram will be fine. Although we all saw how much the ball was dropped for the easiest theme ever last year :bang: (at least it didn't "wow" me). After pulling up a video of 2010's Terror Tram... the walk-through part was terrible. However, where Murdy succeeded was the on-tram video. I feel like with the shorter walk-through route we now have, Chucky would work better, but only if Murdy & crew made effort to theme/staff it properly. :look:

^For those that don't know... That was the facade in Orlando for 2009's "Chucky: Friends 'til the End" maze. It was an interesting concept for a facade & maze. i really enjoyed it...

While not to deviate from the Chucky speculation... I want to throw this SZ thought out there. So as we all remember, back in 2014 they had a "voting" for the theme of the SZ located in French St. There were 3 different options... "Mask-A-Raid" (2014), Corpz (which he had in 2015)... but then there was that 3rd option that we didn't get to see last year due to the Purge maze (it counted as a maze :saw:) ....So what was the 3rd option?

"In 19th century France, restrictive laws and social norms prevented medical colleges from acquiring the one asset they need most – human cadavers. To solve this “body shortage crisis,” universities employed “unsavory characters” to do their dirty work and steal corpses from cemeteries in the middle of the night. Unfortunately, the grave robbers on Universal Studios Hollywood’s French Street have developed a morbid fascination with the dead – and a taste for human flesh!"
dGOmOtT.jpg

With all of the SZs being "original" themes this year. I could easily see them "digging up" this concept since they already have it, not too mention all the props/sets they'd need... I'd love to see this SZ for French St this year. What do you guys think?