HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017 | Page 98 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If French street is being saved for the finale of Blumhouse then my best guess for the RIP lounge is that you'll have to go through Baker Street to get to the lounge and cross around the back of Parisian courtyard infront of Despicable Me and French street will be barricaded off
Or, they could do what they did at the end of 2014 which was change the location of the lounge to the globe theater. That option seems a bit more unlikely seeing as they rent out globe theater for separate events but it has happened before

so if french street was a part of the BoH ending then how would it play out? would it go with a certain movie or would be every notable character that is featured in the maze in that area?

Reactions: horrornights789
so if french street was a part of the BoH ending then how would it play out? would it go with a certain movie or would be every notable character that is featured in the maze?

^^^; I think Blumhouse has the most potential to be HoTY if they do it right. The transitions and Finale are what I'm most curious about though

Reactions: marip123
so if french street was a part of the BoH ending then how would it play out? would it go with a certain movie or would be every notable character that is featured in the maze in that area?
My idea is that the maze would end with an indoors Purge segment and then it would go outside and we'd continue the purge on the street similarly to the gauntlet like last year, just a one way zone down French street exiting over by animal actors

Scare Zone-wise, I'm all for the Urban Hell zone since Welcome to Hell is still one of the best zones they've ever done, so I happily welcome a revamp/2.0 of that.

I'm also excited for the traditional Halloween zone, since that's a theme that always goes well.

As for the tunnel, that'll be the dud. Sorry, but that tunnel is not really made for scares. Heck, last year I've seen multiple people state the tunnel "Doesn't count as a scare zone".

So after watching the panel on YouTube(thanks Alexshow for sharing the HorrorBuzz link) I can safely say the Shining will be amazing! Might be even better than Blumhouse

to be honest i thought the here's johnny scene was going to be a boohole scene in the door. also carpet looks just like the movie. i just wanna know how there going to do the decayed woman in the bathtub

to be honest i thought the here's johnny scene was going to be a boohole scene in the door. also carpet looks just like the movie. i just wanna know how there going to do the decayed woman in the bathtub

Yeah they didn't really go over tub woman, aside from saying she'll be there. She(the decaying woman) will probably be a jumpscare and a dummy(the younger woman) will be in the tub. Similar to the Crimson Peak bath tub scene from 2015

It seems like they are mixing the VIP from previous years, and the Unmasking the Horror tours from Orlando. Which, is a good move.
^No they're not. They're just combining the old VIP with Orlando's "RIP"... The UTH tours are completely separate and NOT during event hours. Those are special behind-the-scenes tours that go through specific mazes with the lights on. (something I wish we'd do here in Hollywood)

The new RIP tour seems to be exactly the same as VIP from what the video said. The only change is the name. I wish they were taking some of the UTH from Orlando but the only way to get something like that is to win it from the trivia questions (which if anybody has been doing codename speculation, today's would've been a piece of cake). But RIP is offering the same things VIP did; unlimited FOL, lounge and buffet/dinner, guided tour, and valet parking. The best parts of it are the lounge and unlimited front of the line

The one year I did VIP I recall being alerted that valet parking closed at 1 AM (I think it was a Thursday). I don't know if that was a special occasion or is it always like that? I prefer to stay until park closing time at 2 AM (or later), but retired early that day, worried I wouldn't be able to get my car out. Does anyone know if RIP can still choose to park in regular parking if this is the case of valet parking closing earlier?

The one year I did VIP I recall being alerted that valet parking closed at 1 AM (I think it was a Thursday). I don't know if that was a special occasion or is it always like that? I prefer to stay until park closing time at 2 AM (or later), but retired early that day, worried I wouldn't be able to get my car out. Does anyone know if RIP can still choose to park in regular parking if this is the case of valet parking closing earlier?
I did VIP many times and I never recall the valet closing early so it may have just been that one night. Or they may have meant that they were no longer allowing cars in at 1 am. Every single time I did VIP the lot stayed open later than the event because people wouldn't leave until 2 or later