Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017

Can't believe everything floating around in these forums. I have a friend whose wife works for Warner Bros. and part of her job is to sign up for fan forums, establish an "identity" over several months, then throw around asinine rumors to throw fans of the films and projects off. Not sure why Orlando's AHS would get 3 seasons and Hollywood only one when it's a shared property.

Well with the announcement not being shared, it makes sense if Hollywood is only getting one season. Now that I know that's looking to be the case, I'm a little sad and jealous because I really really wanted to see Asylum and Coven, but oh well. Perhaps those rumors are real afterall....

Last edited by a moderator:
The new IT teaser trailer just got released. Would have been so cool if that was coming to the event this year. Hopefully next year at least!

I can't imagine It NOT coming to Horror Nights, I mean look at that trailer! C'mon!!!

As for Roanoke, I agree, it was absolutely horrid, but it had great reviews. It's the one season I regret watching all the way through. Murder House, Asylum and Coven had disappointing ends, but they were great for the most part. At least Freak Show was bad upfront and I knew to stop at episode 4, but Roanoke kept promising new twists every few episodes and that kept me watching. I would rather watch 2 or 3 episodes of Freak Show 3 times over before watching one episode of Roanoke ever again. Hotel is the only season I would give a resounding A+ to from beginning to end, easily the best season and most maze fodder IMO, but it had the worst reviews and viewership and the least represented sequence in the maze. Blows my mind.

Ya know, just because Roanoke sucked in people's eyes doesn't mean it's going to be a bad maze. Even if the quality sucks in the movie, there can still be descent material to work with. Look at AVP: Requiem. HORRID movie, but the maze was based on that was, IMO, really good. Crimson Peak wasn't a highly praised movie either, and that was also great. Let's give it a chance. 

Oh, and that It trailer looks AMAZING. They better do it next year. 

Ya know, just because Roanoke sucked in people's eyes doesn't mean it's going to be a bad maze. Even if the quality sucks in the movie, there can still be descent material to work with. Look at AVP: Requiem. HORRID movie, but the maze was based on that was, IMO, really good. Crimson Peak wasn't a highly praised movie either, and that was also great. Let's give it a chance. 

Oh, and that It trailer looks AMAZING. They better do it next year. 

I think its more so that Asylum and Coven have cooler things to use than Roanoke. 

Orlando just got their first announcement of AHS with Asylum, Coven, and Roanoke. Will John follow this up? Most likely not. I wonder what made him want to take the one season route rather than three seasons like Orlando 

Orlando just got their first announcement of AHS with Asylum, Coven, and Roanoke. Will John follow this up? Most likely not. I wonder what made him want to take the one season route rather than three seasons like Orlando 

Perhaps it would be a way to allow them to stretch the show out in terms of how long it would be at the event? It's a guess at this point, as I think we are past the point of American Horror Story being announced for Hollywood (right now, atleast). And I have to wonder, if they are then following a schedule similar to last year; as Orlando got an announcement first before Hollywood did.

And the more I think of it, the more I am having the thought that Evil Dead, could actually be exclusive for us. It's wishful thinking, but that's how I see it.

If I had to guess, it's because after last year, they feel the space we have would be better suited for one season and not three

If I had to guess, it's because after last year, they feel the space we have would be better suited for one season and not three

That's what I am hoping. You can't fit 30 hours of content into a single 5 minute walk-through and expect anyone to know what's happening. At least not in a tent. I still feel AHS should going in SS 747

I would 100% be down for a solo AHS: Asylum themed house.

I assume the reason that Orlando is not doing a solo AHS: Roanoke house is because they just did a Roanoke themed house like 2 years ago so that would probably feel pretty repetitive. Granted, repetition never seems to stop them from doing Walking Dead over and over again, I guess. 

I still think it'd make more sense for Hollywood to do a 3-season maze this year so their future AHS mazes can be based off one season at a time. Going the Orlando route and doing an Asylum/Coven/Roanoke maze would catch them up and allow for the upcoming seventh season of AHS to get its own maze at HHN 2018.

I still think it'd make more sense for Hollywood to do a 3-season maze this year so their future AHS mazes can be based off one season at a time. Going the Orlando route and doing an Asylum/Coven/Roanoke maze would catch them up and allow for the upcoming seventh season of AHS to get its own maze at HHN 2018.

A risky move in case next season doesn't have the stature to be a maze. It'll probably be fine, but it protects them just in case and keeps the property around for longer and makes sure the maze this year can be better by being solely focused. Win-win-win. Also the newest season was recent and a success, plus if they switch it back to an anthology maze after doing a solo one, fans won't be too shocked since that's what happened the first time around. A lot of variables actually putting this in favor of making this solo, more than I initially thought.