HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017 | Page 26 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I also wanted to mention that from the recent post about the HHN Panel from Monsterpalooza. The final section refers to Murdy and Chris about Last year's lineup and it says "Talk about how they plan to top it in 2017". I think there's a good chance we will get a hint about the first Maze Announcement at Monsterpalooza or something else regarding HHN 2017. 

My idea was to start off looking like a good lineup but then progressively get worst and worst. Now looking back, it'd look like a decent lineup. Maybe next year I'll try to come up with something and actually pull it off right.  B)

In a perfect world, THIS would be the line-up I would want this year:

-The Conjuring

-Alfred Hitchcock mash up

-Alien (If that's too expensive then Trick 'r Treat)

-Evil Dead (original) 

-Hellraiser

-John Carpenter's The Fog

-American Horror Story: Asylum

-Terror Tram with the Director

I think Parisian Square was part of the leaked lineup. So this means we're losing the gauntlet? I was unsure why that happened last year instead of a maze to begin with, but maybe the budget has been boosted after such a successful year. That makes me really excited, that is SO much content. Including the Terror Tram, I mean, wow.

I just hope we get a really cool show this year. My friends weren't totally into Jabbawockeez, even though I loved it, but something rousing and funny like B&T would be very welcome.

I think Parisian Square was part of the leaked lineup. So this means we're losing the gauntlet? I was unsure why that happened last year instead of a maze to begin with, but maybe the budget has been boosted after such a successful year. That makes me really excited, that is SO much content. Including the Terror Tram, I mean, wow.

I just hope we get a really cool show this year. My friends weren't totally into Jabbawockeez, even though I loved it, but something rousing and funny like B&T would be very welcome.

They could still have a gauntlet that moves from French street, possibly thru SSFL, down to Baker Street (That's the London street, right?). Plus they can make another one where the Metro Sets entrance is. They can stilll make two if they wanted to. 

I am slightly concerned with how the houses will be with seven to design, plus the Terror Tram and scarezones. Like I said earlier, the event needs more creative people for HHN to excel. With an event virtually as big as Orlando now, you need a team of that size. Its probably why there are many returning IPs. 

But yeah, I think we'll still end up with Jabawockeez for another year. 

They could still have a gauntlet that moves from French street, possibly thru SSFL, down to Baker Street (That's the London street, right?). Plus they can make another one where the Metro Sets entrance is. They can stilll make two if they wanted to. 

I am slightly concerned with how the houses will be with seven to design, plus the Terror Tram and scarezones. Like I said earlier, the event needs more creative people for HHN to excel. With an event virtually as big as Orlando now, you need a team of that size. Its probably why there are many returning IPs. 

But yeah, I think we'll still end up with Jabawockeez for another year. 

If I'm not mistaken, Baker Street last year was where TWDA's overflow was. And to an extent, I think we will see them go down the path of having two queues in baker, one for Persian and the other for TWDA. The Persian queue goes through Baker Street, lighted up albeit to show in a way similar to what is done for the Backlot, to then go into the Universal Plaza for the main portion of the queue that will then lead you to the maze facade. It would then dump out of the building that was used for the halloween of 2015's Halloween and that they could potentially, do a gauntlet style based on The Purge if they wanted to.

I used to think the same since we were on a downward spiral for a while, but all the mazes were designed phenomenally last year.  I think what helped is one maze had a minimalist approach (The Exorcist) so that helped with budget being spread into the other mazes. Maybe some years, the design just gets lazy while some years with more inspired properties, they excel. I can't think of any blank wall scenes or annoying empty rooms -- again, aside from Exorcist which used that concept wisely. And AHS had that one random room in Hotel, but I think they just realized they had extra space last minute or something, if I remember correctly from Murdy's twitter when asked about it. But TCM, Halloween, FVJ, TWD, and Krampus were overflowing with props and scenic, it was pretty astounding. Even Terror Tram had triple more stuff on it than usual.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Freak
I used to think the same since we were on a downward spiral for a while, but all the mazes were designed phenomenally last year.  I think what helped is one maze had a minimalist approach (The Exorcist) so that helped with budget being spread into the other mazes. Maybe some years, the design just gets lazy while some years with more inspired properties, they excel. I can't think of any blank wall scenes or annoying empty rooms -- again, aside from Exorcist which used that concept wisely. And AHS had that one random room in Hotel, but I think they just realized they had extra space last minute or something, if I remember correctly from Murdy's twitter when asked about it. But TCM, Halloween, FVJ, TWD, and Krampus were overflowing with props and scenic, it was pretty astounding. Even Terror Tram had triple more stuff on it than usual.

I agree. The last couple of years have shown that (Except for This is the End). I'm sure this year will be equally as good, but I'm still slightly concerned scenic wise. While the black wall delima seems to have died down, I wish they would focus on ceilings. They really got that down pat in Halloween and Exorcist last year, but the rest of the mazes, especially TCM, were really lacking in ceilings to the point to where it took me out of the environment some. I wish they would address that more. 

Reactions: chris.g
You always have that complaint, yet I always forget to even look up in a maze and don't notice haha. Next we'll need specific carpets or tile lol. Maybe it's more of a fire hazard issue and some tents can have them depending on the sets within the maze and how much space there is. Just a guess. Not sure why they'd do it to some and not the others, otherwise.

Murdy just confirmed that American Horror Story is coming back at Monsterpalooza. However he didn't state anything else regarding a photo or video.

Last edited by a moderator: