HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2013 | Page 25 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That's actually not accurate seeing as though it did really well on the survey along with Walking Dead. Confirming this is my friend who works that side of HHN, who tally's audience reactions she said it was one of the top mazes of the evening along with WD and La Llorona.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's actually not accurate seeing as though it did really well on the survey along with Walking Dead. Confirming this is my friend who works that side of HHN, who tally's audience reactions she said it was one of the top mazes of the evening along with WD and La Llorona.
La Llorona was awesome why couldn't they bring that back

Um John Murdy said it didn't do well with the General Public himself. I'd find the quote again but it's in HorrorNightNightmares somewhere. As much as I love Silent Hill (and the fact our maze was based mostly on SH 3 and Downpour) I did hear a lot of people saying they didn't know what was going on half the time. 

La Llorona was awesome why couldn't they bring that back
Becuase it was used for two years and it was time for something new. granted we had Freddy, Jason and Leather face for 3 years (almost 4 if you count the Freddy vs Jason house that was scrapped in 2011) but La Llorona was amazing and I want her to end on a high note. Not on a "why are they bringing this back again?" note. 

Other side of that to remember is that surveys in theme parks get a VERY small sample of the audience, and cannot really be fully taken into account as a confirmation source for the popularity of something. I mean, it does show that some audiences really liked it, but overall I heard mostly negative feedback from non-SH fans as well. 

Reactions: Aaron
Yeah, Silent Hill was not only a disappointment with the guests, but employees as well.

La Llorona was a big hit as well, but Murdy wanted to do something new this year.

Yeah, Silent Hill was not only a disappointment with the guests, but employees as well.

La Llorona was a big hit as well, but Murdy wanted to do something new this year.
I honestly felt Silent Hill was in the wrong spot. That area behind the Mummy is too narrow for something like Silent Hill to be put in. 

I honestly felt Silent Hill was in the wrong spot. That area behind the Mummy is too narrow for something like Silent Hill to be put in. 
True, I'll be interested to see how this years mazes fare especially since the event's gotten more elaborate with it's set up. Still not hooked on El Cucuy but I'll give it a chance.

True, I'll be interested to see how this years mazes fare especially since the event's gotten more elaborate with it's set up. Still not hooked on El Cucuy but I'll give it a chance.
 Well judging by some photos of inside the mazes on Instagram it seems to have stepped up in scope regardless of the constrictions of being in a tent house. 

I'm going opening day and the first maze I'll be hitting is Insidious. I'm fascinated to see how they've set up the Further as well as  seeing the Red faced demon scare actor. Evil Dead looks fantastic and Walking Dead looks elaborate and larger in scale. I'll do a review of the mazes that morning.

Hey. HHN is in NINE DAYS!!!!!!! We're in the single digits people. If you're not even the least bit excited, then you suck. ;) IT'S SO CLOSE!!!!!! I can hear the chainsaws, the screams, the laughter and music of Bill and Ted, and I can smell the crap in the houses! NIIIIINNNNEEE DAAAAAAAYYYYSSS!!!!!

Reactions: William
How is everyone experiencing this year's event? VIP? Front of Line?

I bought a Front of Line pass for opening night. Here's hoping it doesn't get too hectic.

How is everyone experiencing this year's event? VIP? Front of Line?

I bought a Front of Line pass for opening night. Here's hoping it doesn't get too hectic.
I haven't bought mine yet but i'm probably just going to get general admission. I'm going with friends and they don't want to pay for VIP haha. I'm hoping i'll be able to do the majority of the mazes but who knows.

General Admission, unfortunately I could not afford FOL this year as they seriously jacked up the prices from last year. However the way me and my friends approach HHN is almost like a military operation in which we plan time, meet up, dinner, line up and entry down to exact time. Last year we did everything in 45 minutes without using FOL. Just really excited for next week for the 20th :D  

Reactions: BernardMesa
I've never got to do everything in one night lol. I think in 2010 I did almost everything but the Friday the 13th maze. I haven't been able to do as much since then due to the horribly long lines. Anyone want to give tips on how to get everything done in one night?

I'll be going on September 21st (day after opening night) and I'm really hoping for the best. Based on the tips John Murdy has been giving, I'll be heading down to the Lower Lot first to wipe out those mazes along with the Backlot Experience. Lines shouldn't be too bad on the day after opening night, right..? :unsure:

Is insidious chapter 2 actually scary? The first one IMO wasn't even scary (disappointing) :(

I want to see it in theaters but my friend told me it was lame (worse than the 1st)

For anyone who saw it. What did you think of it?

Also does HHN Hollywood release their park map online (Facebook/twitter/site) ?

Is insidious chapter 2 actually scary? The first one IMO wasn't even scary (disappointing) :(

I want to see it in theaters but my friend told me it was lame (worse than the 1st)

For anyone who saw it. What did you think of it?

Also does HHN Hollywood release their park map online (Facebook/twitter/site) ?
I personally jumped half a dozen times which for me is rare, I really enjoyed the story and the expansion on the mythology. Give it a chance I say, I'll gladly see it again.

Reactions: Bonkers