Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN Tips & Tricks

Here's another question- for those of you with past experience, when is the best time/place to grab a bite to eat? Since we don't have early admission, we plan on getting to the turnstiles and waiting in line as early as possible (is 4:30pm too early? Probably sometime between then and 5:00pm), and then staying until close. I know myself, and even I have a very large meal right beforehand, I will definitely be hungry again before we leave. I would like to avoid the crowds of diners as much as possible (the three of us really want to hit all 10 houses, and I'd hate to miss a house or two because we got stuck getting food), and don't need a fancy sit down meal- just something so I don't pass out! I'm also fine with eating fairly late in the night if necessary. Thoughts?

For rushed meals, the taco truck in Springfield is usually one of the quicker lines and allows a relatively filling meal that you can just grab and go. I find most of the HHN food specific lines (pizza fries, twisted taters, etc) seem to take longer to get. Granted, someone else will probably have a different experience, but that's my two cents.

Avoid all the quick service locations except for Krusty Burger, depending on the night it may or may not be busy. Mel's for some strange reason is always packed during HHN.

Louie's isn't horrible. Pretty much every time I eat there during HHN there's never a line. Or I just have really good timing?

Hey Guys, first time ever going to HHN Orlando, Haven't bought my tickets yet but I'm leaning towards the Frequent Fear pass with express. I'll be there october 29 to nov 3 I plan on going to HHN every night the pass allows me too from Oct 29 to Nov 3.\

I want to know if the pass is worth the money for the days I'll be there and will most of the daytime rides and areas be open during HHN or would I have to go during the daytime?

This is my second time at HHN (first time was in 2017, I live in the UK) and we are trying to figure out a plan. When we came in 2017 we didn't have one and we managed to do all of the houses but we had Express. This time, we are going to do Stay and Scream - please could someone share some more info about this - where the S&S 'zones' are, and which houses they are for? Thanks!!

Hey Guys, first time ever going to HHN Orlando, Haven't bought my tickets yet but I'm leaning towards the Frequent Fear pass with express. I'll be there october 29 to nov 3 I plan on going to HHN every night the pass allows me too from Oct 29 to Nov 3.\

I want to know if the pass is worth the money for the days I'll be there and will most of the daytime rides and areas be open during HHN or would I have to go during the daytime?

Hey! The last couple of nights before Halloween are always busy so it’s not a bad idea to splurge for express. It depends on your personal finances (I’d never go into debt for a vacation because it’s not my priority.) with express, it turns the conversation from “what can we get in tonight?” To “How will my feet survive all of these steps?”

As far as we know, these rides will be open:

• Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts™*
  • Revenge of the Mummy
  • Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit
  • MEN IN BLACK™ Alien Attack™
  • Fast & Furious: Supercharged*
  • TRANSFORMERS: The Ride-3D*
  • The Simpsons Ride™**
*Closes prior to event end.
**Open select event nights only.
If there are rides or shows that you want to do not on the list, you’ll need to come during the daytime. HHN also doesn’t include access to Islands of Adventure if you want to do Hogwarts or the new Hagrid coaster.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for all the responses re: food! Looks like we'll try to aim for sometime around 9-10pm, and I'll keep an eye on lines around Springfield (taco truck, Krusty Burger) and New York (Louie's) depending on where we are in the park. If anyone else has additional feedback I'd love to hear it, but I feel like I have a few good options! Much appreciated :)

Thanks for all the responses re: food! Looks like we'll try to aim for sometime around 9-10pm, and I'll keep an eye on lines around Springfield (taco truck, Krusty Burger) and New York (Louie's) depending on where we are in the park. If anyone else has additional feedback I'd love to hear it, but I feel like I have a few good options! Much appreciated :)

Don’t count out getting out of the park and doing CityWalk too.

I don't know if this is new this year or not, but it's the first time I recall seeing it. If you are only going to HHN and don't have day/park tickets, they have an option to pay $25 to get into Universal at 3:00 and enjoy the rides/park until 5:00 and then do any of the Stay & Scream locations (with your event ticket of course) and then get an early jump on the houses as soon as they let you out.

upload_2019-8-20_11-46-37.png

I don't know if this is new this year or not, but it's the first time I recall seeing it. If you are only going to HHN and don't have day/park tickets, they have an option to pay $25 to get into Universal at 3:00 and enjoy the rides/park until 5:00 and then do any of the Stay & Scream locations (with your event ticket of course) and then get an early jump on the houses as soon as they let you out.

View attachment 10651

Neo, where are you seeing this? I can't find it on any of the websites.

Read the fine print, the up charge is a one time only option, so if you buy a multi-day ticket you can only use it once.

Didn’t they used to offer these? Like, isn’t that where the Stay & Scream name comes from?

Oh wait, we’re those the add on to the day tickets for HHN?