Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN Tips & Tricks

Hey everyone!

Longtime lurker here from the UK who loves reading all the threads in here - this year will be my third time attending HHN.

Can anyone please confirm parking prices at Universal during HHN (for example do you get any concessions after a certain hour like 8pm,10pm etc)? I am sure they used to do concessions after a certain hour and that these no longer existed now and was under the impression that parking is full price all night, but some websites seem to have conflicting information.

I really appreciate any advice you can give me.

Hey everyone!

Longtime lurker here from the UK who loves reading all the threads in here - this year will be my third time attending HHN.

Can anyone please confirm parking prices at Universal during HHN (for example do you get any concessions after a certain hour like 8pm,10pm etc)? I am sure they used to do concessions after a certain hour and that these no longer existed now and was under the impression that parking is full price all night, but some websites seem to have conflicting information.

I really appreciate any advice you can give me.

I believe they offer free/concession parking after 10pm during HHN days. Otherwise it’s the normal parking fee.

I've heard and read different things about Stay and Scream. Are all houses open, or is it certain ones open early then the more popular houses open after the gates are open?

I've heard and read different things about Stay and Scream. Are all houses open, or is it certain ones open early then the more popular houses open after the gates are open?

Some houses open depending on their readiness. They tend to get the most popular ones open early but the more technically demanding ones might take longer to open. The one in Shrek always opens last/after the event starts.

Can't find a finn's thread for this and it may have been noted but they raised the draft price .50 to 9.06 including tax. Mods please move if a better thread or delete if already discussed

Hey everyone, I've only been to 1 HHN and that was without S&S so I have some questions.
Do S&S zones ever fill to the max before the park closes?
Any preferred S&S zone for the first night? (I've heard Finns because of the main houses upfront)
Last, what's the preferred time to be at the park in the S&S area for the first night? I live in Tampa and will hopefully be there at around 4:15 opening night and want to know if S&S is do-able for me.
Thanks!

Hey everyone, I've only been to 1 HHN and that was without S&S so I have some questions.
Do S&S zones ever fill to the max before the park closes?
Any preferred S&S zone for the first night? (I've heard Finns because of the main houses upfront)
Last, what's the preferred time to be at the park in the S&S area for the first night? I live in Tampa and will hopefully be there at around 4:15 opening night and want to know if S&S is do-able for me.
Thanks!

They never get maxed out, they'll just put people into an overflow queue or you go to the other areas. The best would be what houses you want to get done first. If you want to hit Stranger Things/Ghostbusters before the lines get to 2 hours long then Finnegans would be best. If you want minimal waits up front and then wait later in the night start in Springfield etc. 4:15 is a great time to arrive, I'd say getting in line by 4:30 is optimal, do try to get into the park by 4 however. Hope that helps.

Getting all packed and read for opening night, thanks for all the help!

I do have one more question- thus far we have purchased our HHN tickets, Express passes, and Early Admission tickets, all as "mobile tickets". However, I've read that sometimes the mobile tickets are fussy, and that it's better to print them out (specifically that it would be better to print out the Express passes and put them in lanyards for easy access). The tickets are in a weird mobile format, but could certainly be printed if need be, they would just have a lot of excess paper to fold/cut out of the way. Any thoughts? Is the mobile version a safe choice, or would you recommend printing (and if so, does that apply to all tickets, or just the Express)? I tried searching online but didn't find anything super helpful.

Getting all packed and read for opening night, thanks for all the help!

I do have one more question- thus far we have purchased our HHN tickets, Express passes, and Early Admission tickets, all as "mobile tickets". However, I've read that sometimes the mobile tickets are fussy, and that it's better to print them out (specifically that it would be better to print out the Express passes and put them in lanyards for easy access). The tickets are in a weird mobile format, but could certainly be printed if need be, they would just have a lot of excess paper to fold/cut out of the way. Any thoughts? Is the mobile version a safe choice, or would you recommend printing (and if so, does that apply to all tickets, or just the Express)? I tried searching online but didn't find anything super helpful.

I suggest to screen grab and save to your phone. Go to Guest Relations they might be able to help you get those as tickets.

They never get maxed out, they'll just put people into an overflow queue or you go to the other areas. The best would be what houses you want to get done first. If you want to hit Stranger Things/Ghostbusters before the lines get to 2 hours long then Finnegans would be best. If you want minimal waits up front and then wait later in the night start in Springfield etc. 4:15 is a great time to arrive, I'd say getting in line by 4:30 is optimal, do try to get into the park by 4 however. Hope that helps.
Thank you!

Does anybody know if the Finnegan’s stay and scream let’s you into Ghostbusters?

Yes, Finn's let's you into either Ghostbusters or Stranger Things.

Something new this year is they're sectioning off the pens so you line up for the house you want to hit first. Clearly it's being done in Finns, but unknown if they're doing it in Springfield.

I did the Ghostbusters S&S last night. Feel free to ask any questions you may have. I got in the park at 4:50, got in the pen right at 5, and was one of the first 30 people in the house when they opened it at 5:50.

S&S is, as always, the way to go. This was how my night went (without express):

5:50 PM - Ghostbusters
6:10 PM - Killer Klowns
6:26 PM - Universal Monsters
6:38 PM - Depths of Fear
6:55 PM - House of 1000 Corpses
7:45 PM - Us
8:30 PM - Graveyard Games

All of the queues were overposted from my experience (Us was posted 60 and was actually 30, Graveyard was posted 50 and was actually 20) and the wait time boards were constantly off. Typical opening weekend issues. I could have very easily finished all of the houses with time to spare last night without express, but I decided to call it a night early.

Question for anyone with express: do they still give you priority access to one of the early shows? And if so, does this apply to the lagoon show?