Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN XX: Most Anticipated House

Which houses are you looking forward to most? (Pick 3)

• Catacombs - Black Death Rising

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Hades - The Gates of Ruin

Votes: 28 35.4%
  • Horror Nights - The Hallow'd Past

Votes: 48 60.8%
  • Havoc - Dogs of War

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • ZombieGeddon

Votes: 9 11.4%
  • Legendary Truth - The Wyandot Estate

Votes: 35 44.3%
  • PsychoScareapy - Echoes of Shadybrook

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • The Orfanage - Ashes to Ashes

Votes: 19 24.1%

• Total voters
Aug 19, 2009
Orlando(ish)
Which house are you most looking forward to?

Catacombs - Black Death Rising: In 1534, an undisclosed outbreak plagued thousands of citizen sin Paris and Marseilles. As a group of doctors quarantined the most infected against their will, the townspeople turned and sealed them to their doom. After almost 500 years, they remained without escape. Until now… they are rising, ready to take vengeance on any living being that dares to enter the Catacombs.

Hades - The Gates of Ruin: Hades bids you welcome. Make your way into the Underworld and come face to face with the most terrifying creatures of legend as you cross through the Gates of Ruin.

Horror Nights - The Hallowed Past: Halloween Horror Nights - the name brings with it millions of tales, each filled with thousands of screams. Tonight, you have the opportunity to travel into a realm where Horror Nights isn’t just an event, but a reality.

Havoc - Dogs of War: Ten years ago, The Shadowcreek Enterprise was tasked with developing an elite corps of soldiers. They succeeded. Through an inhalant that includes a compound of testosterone, adrenaline, and other anesthetics, Shadow Creek’s latest run of volunteer test subjects are ready for inspection. The project name: HAVOC. The subjects are simply known as Dogs of War.

ZombieGeddon: It’s Zday +6 months. The US government has taken back the continental states while clearing the remaining Canadian infestations. They license and sanction private companies to capture “un-live” subjects for target training. Dozens of independent training “companies” appear, promising the best training that money can buy. Then there’s ZAP…The Zombie Awareness Program.

Legendary Truth - The Wyandot Estate: The Spirit Seekers have created a machine to attract spirits, and are broadcasting live from one of the most “haunted” sites in the US. Ghosts of the Wyandot Estate, built by Malcolm and Lydia Wayndot, are told to have inhabited there since Malcolm killed his wife, 13 guests and himself on October 30, 1929. Now as the murdered hear their call they answer the team with terrible violence.

PsychoScareapy - Echoes of Shadybrook: They say truth is far stranger than fiction, and it happens that in this instance they happen to be correct. Although Shadybrook’s doors have indeed been closed for the last 15 years, the place is still very much alive with all of the criminally insane souls that have ever walked its halls.

The Orfanage - Ashes to Ashes: Ashes to ashes, forever now dust. For years she has existed in the shadows, never getting her due. Misunderstood by all around her, she has had enough of her playthings at the Good Harvest Orphanage- now is the time for vengeance. This burned out shell contains the souls of the forgotten and the lost who all scream one name: Cindy.

The Legendary Truth house is going to scare the absolute crap out of me. I know it. I hate ghosts/realistic scary movies. I just don't like that stuff. I'm going to go through that eerie ass house and hate every damn second of it.

My second vote is the HHN history house just because I want to see how it's pulled off, plus it's the "mega house" so let's see just how insane it is.

Honorable mention to Hades and Psychoscareapy.

My votes:

Hades -- I think, if done right, this house has the potential to be this year's Dracula (i.e. - scary as hell, no pun intended).

The Orfanage -- I'll say it: kids are creepy. Add fire and revenge to this, and........ yeah. Creepy.

Horror Nights -- This is only my 5th HHN, so I'm really interested in seeing a nice history of HHN exhibit. With some scares thrown in.

Honorable mention goes to Psychoscareapy (I remember LOVING that house at my first HHN, #13).

My votes...

1. The Orfanage - Ashes to Ashes: I'm pretty sure will be the ultimate scariest house for me. Reason = KIDS ARE SCARY. They don't have to be possesed/fire burned/dead/demonized things. Even without all this they're scary on their own. Hence forth, possesed/fire burned/dead/demonized kids are my ultimate nightmare.

2. Horror Nights - The Hallow'd Past: I've only been obsessed since '08, so I missed 17 years of HHN and have been reading about it on forums/interweb for the past 3 years. I'm hoping this will give all the past years the respect I'm sure they deserve and catch me up.

3. Hades - The Gates Of Ruin: The theory of it pretty much personally just scares the crap out of me. I like scares, therefore, win.

:lol: loribelle and I typed these reasons at the same time on our own laptops without referring to each other.....

you can see why we get along so well :lol:......

Very tough choice because they all seem amazing but my picks are:

1) Horror Nights- Can't see a tribute to the past going wrong
2) Legendary Truth- A tribute to the fans
3) The Orfanage- Cindy's house as well as creepy kids.

Honorable Mentions: Hades, Psychoscarepy and basically every other house. :lol:

1. Hades - I have the feeling that this will have the amazing sets of Dracula/Wolfman with Scary Tales does Myths. Altogether, awesome.
2. Horror Nights - For only going to HHN for two years seeing the things of the past is a real treat. It has a star location so I have high hopes going in.
3. Catacombs - This house has extreme potential to be one of the scariest. Tight spaces skeletons everywhere and loads of chances to creep you out. It's in a tent but I think that Uni can do it right.
4. Legendary Truth - The house is going to be one of the creepiest. Definetaly going to need a few runthroughs of this one
5. The Orfanage - Jaws may get a house worth the wait with this one. I hope this is like Reflections of Fear in that you are going to the past and seeing Cindy take out her wrath on the orphanage and how it became ash and dust.
6. ZombieGeddon - Classic zombie house that seems like it will have the good humor of Shaun of the Dead.
7. PsychoScareapy - I always liked the idea of inmates taking over the asylum but ones that are already dead does not sound that appealing.
8. Havoc - The description really doesn't help this house. They tried a crazy experiment, it worked. Wait a minute?????

Last edited:
My top 3 - Horror Nights, Catacombs can be done right as long as it is dark enough in the tent, and Hades looks great too.

Its really hard to pick they all look fantastic this year.

Horror Nights is so overwhelming this year...there's just too much to look forward to! The Orphanage, The Hallowed Past, ZomieGeddon...all the other ones lol. Wow I CANNOT freaking wait! Those of you that go opening night and the second weekend better bring back pics!

I voted for the following:

1. Hades - The Gates of Ruin: I love the idea of a Greek mythology house, and I know they can execute this one perfectly. This is going to scare the bejeebles out of me! :lol:

2. Horror Nights: The Hallow'd Past - I am really looking forward to see how the past 19 years will be incorporated into this house.

3. Legendary Truth: The Wyandot Estate - Paranormal-themed houses scare the crap out of me, so we'll see how this goes.

I voted for the following:

1. Hades - The Gates of Ruin: I love the idea of a Greek mythology house, and I know they can execute this one perfectly. This is going to scare the bejeebles out of me! :lol:

2. Horror Nights: The Hallow'd Past - I am really looking forward to see how the past 19 years will be incorporated into this house.

3. Legendary Truth: The Wyandot Estate - Paranormal-themed houses scare the crap out of me, so we'll see how this goes.

I agree completely! :)

:mickey2:
I'm just wondering what exactly the sets are going to look like.

In my mind it could look so amazing, with all the diffrent effects we've seen in the past.

Im still most excited for Hallowd Past

But... The Estate sounds GREAT! I think Paranormal Activity and get happy:lol::happy:

I'm having such a difficult time listing my most anticipated houses. I think this is the first time where every single house has my full interest.
But hey, I guess I'll try anyway...

1- Legendary Truth - The Wyandot Estate
2- PsychoScareapy - Echoes of Shadybrook
3- ZombieGeddon
4- Hades - The Gates of Ruin
5- Horror Nights - The Hallowed Past
6- The Orfanage - Ashes to Ashes
7- Catacombs - Black Death Rising
8- Havoc - Dogs of War

1. PsychoScareapy: Echoes of Shadybrook
2. Legendary Truth: The Wyandot Estate
3. Horror Nights: The Hallow'd Past