#HHNForever - Orlando 2020 | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

#HHNForever - Orlando 2020

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
For CG I remember on our Unmasking tour when the guide pulled back to show a couple booholes, most if not all of them had real names (not just "Welder #1") and even with Yeti last year many characters had a first and last name and occupation in the camp, with the story and flow of the house organically playing out like the plot of a monster flick, down to character choices and motivations that specifically led to their deaths or appearances.

CG was the house that sold me on doing the UTH tour every year that I can afford it; solid recommend from me.

I'm pretty interested in seeing what they do with this; I'm hoping that it's archived footage from the houses. I bet they have enough BTS b-roll that with a few interviews they could cobble together a pretty decent documentary about the history of the event.

Reactions: PenguinCowboy
It absolutely can be. I don't think that they would hype up a random article, but they never actually promised anything. Don't let expectations go unchecked.

With people working from home and if there's archived footage/walkthrough of houses, I'd love to see a "director's commentary" come out for houses of year's past along with the footage. For the HHN crew who designs the houses, they can do it from their homes talking about the mazes they helped work on and the design choices made with their care for the craft. It'd help give HHN fans something and a way to connect.

Also, I'd love just to see all of the queue video like HR Bludngutz and Slaughter Sinema.

I think the blog is a puff piece to build up to a conversation piece because it's only new info is Pizza Fries at Louie's this fall.

With people working from home and if there's archived footage/walkthrough of houses, I'd love to see a "director's commentary" come out for houses of year's past along with the footage. For the HHN crew who designs the houses, they can do it from their homes talking about the mazes they helped work on and the design choices made with their care for the craft. It'd help give HHN fans something and a way to connect.

Also, I'd love just to see all of the queue video like HR Bludngutz and Slaughter Sinema.

I think the blog is a puff piece to build up to a conversation piece because it's only new info is Pizza Fries at Louie's this fall.

It's absolutely puffed up.

I mean...get your HHN fix by talking to the Mystic Fountain at IoA?

• Love
Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Regarding archival footage of houses: I have no knowledge of official filming taking place in a house with performers, except in 2002. While Universal may have that footage, it’s not theirs to distribute since Art of the Scare isn’t theirs. If they’re filming with performers now, it’s a fairly recent thing. To be honest, any archival footage of houses likely started in the last few years. I suspect any walkthroughs to be from this year’s houses as teases for next year. And there likely won’t be performers.

(Performing with a professional film crew coming through the house is such a colosal pain.)

I think it’s smart to look at 2010 and the VIP Lounge. This whole thing is likely that, only online. I don’t think there will be a lot of commentary though. Mike is longer with A&D, so trotting him out sends mixed messages. Patrick and Murdy, who have both been “faces” for the event, were furloughed. That leaves Blake, who is strictly streets, and Charles who has never really put himself forward in a big way.

I don’t know what it’s going to be. I kinda hope it’s a massive asset dump myself. But I think it’ll be heavily curated with a bunch of stuff most hardcore fans already have passing knowledge of.

Any ideas if the queue stanchions going up in the music plaza are related to these announcements, or for some other operational thing?

I know that certain IP studios have requested professional videos of their houses to share with the directors, studio execs, etc. for final green light as well as for an act of goodwill towards cast and crew that would have wanted to be there but are unable to make it.

Though, I bet they won’t be able to use IP from other years in this App Experience.

Last edited:
Regarding archival footage of houses: I have no knowledge of official filming taking place in a house with performers, except in 2002. While Universal may have that footage, it’s not theirs to distribute since Art of the Scare isn’t theirs. If they’re filming with performers now, it’s a fairly recent thing. To be honest, any archival footage of houses likely started in the last few years. I suspect any walkthroughs to be from this year’s houses as teases for next year. And there likely won’t be performers.

(Performing with a professional film crew coming through the house is such a colosal pain.)

I think it’s smart to look at 2010 and the VIP Lounge. This whole thing is likely that, only online. I don’t think there will be a lot of commentary though. Mike is longer with A&D, so trotting him out sends mixed messages. Patrick and Murdy, who have both been “faces” for the event, were furloughed. That leaves Blake, who is strictly streets, and Charles who has never really put himself forward in a big way.

I don’t know what it’s going to be. I kinda hope it’s a massive asset dump myself. But I think it’ll be heavily curated with a bunch of stuff most hardcore fans already have passing knowledge of.
For what it's worth, I heard "executive review" was done on the two houses I stated earlier. I'm not sure what that means, but that's what was going on when the switches were turned on for 108 and 79