#HHNForever - Orlando 2020 | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

#HHNForever - Orlando 2020

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They better make it clear if this is supposed to be HHN (I hope not) or some sort of consolation prize to help revenue and give us a taste of HHN using best practices during everything going on.

If they do use some of the houses this year, I wouldn’t be surprised to see the same ones scrapped or changed significantly before coming back for HHN 30.

I’m all for some sort of thing to help celebrate and if it helps keep or bring back some furloughed employees, but if it’s safe for all involved.

If they do use some of the houses this year, I wouldn’t be surprised to see the same ones scrapped or changed significantly before coming back for HHN 30.

This is my concern. If they want to run a nutered event for the sake of cash flow, that’s one thing. Sending a big FU to out of state fans that can’t make it, and won’t get a chance to see certain houses again sucks.

These past four or five busy weekends may have changed Universal's thinking on the full cancellation. Give them 'something' , even if it's not the full experience, and they will come. Not in previous year's attendance, but enough to
spur some attendance. Like it was speculated by @Ringwraith , number it 29.5 and then no one can get upset over the anniversary standard. But, then again, anniversary's have never been a big thing with Universal, like they are to Disney. I say go for it, if it helps keep theme parks afloat, the idea of Epic alive, and jobs for people that need them in a state that pays near zilch for unemployment.

These past four or five busy weekends may have changed Universal's thinking on the full cancellation. Give them 'something' , even if it's not the full experience, and they will come. Not in previous year's attendance, but enough to
spur some attendance. Like it was speculated by @Ringwraith , number it 29.5 and then no one can get upset over the anniversary standard. But, then again, anniversary's have never been a big thing with Universal, like they are to Disney. I say go for it, if it helps keep theme parks afloat, the idea of Epic alive, and jobs for people that need them in a state that pays near zilch for unemployment.
I believe there is an ever evolving nature to events this year

As far as anniversaries, I would argue that HHN anniversaries are the only ones Universal cares about

Just call this something different and call next year HHN 30

Reactions: Mad Dog
Wow not what I expected to see when I came to check in on this thread. Not sure how I feel exactly, but definitely mixed feelings after having cancelled my tickets for this year and everything.
ETA: I think my husband and I could possibly make it to an event if they had it, but I'm scared to get my hopes up again haha.

Yeah, if I could cut one house, it'd be that.

I'd be shocked if Billie isn't there when it happens. Maybe HoHH gets an LT rebrand?

In the words of Beetlejuice, Billie's house is "gone, split, out of here, afterlife kid...deceased..."

Also, I'm going to go on a rant here for a second, mostly based on what I'm reading on Reddit and Twitter.

Universal is in survival mode. And a hungry dog needs to eat. Whether they "owe" their fans anything at this juncture is irrelevant, because we are living in a pandemic. As long as they can run a safe operation, we're lucky that they're considering anything at all. The people that have been called for work, and were starving for it, are elated that they can finally put food on the table again, instead of collecting from our state unemployment, which is a joke.

Whether they get two RIP tours to go through with the lights on or they do a mini event, it's going to make a profit and it will make future HHN's better. It will give people jobs. It will allow them to build a 4th gate so you can all get your beloved Nintendo characters and hopefully a full on monsters land instead of them nixing it.

As long as it is safe. As long as it is profitable. Universal should do it.

Does it suck if you're an out of state fan and can't make it? Yes it does. I was out of state when they had a Cabin in the Woods house in Orlando and I couldn't make it. Was I pissed? Yes. Did I get over it and keep returning year after year? Yes. If you are a true fan of the event, Universal and their future, you are 100% allowed to be upset, but you should also be supportive if they have found a way to make this happen.

/rant

In the words of Beetlejuice, Billie's house is "gone, split, out of here, afterlife kid...deceased..."

As long as they can run a safe operation, we're lucky that they're considering anything at all. The people that have been called for work, and were starving for it, are elated that they can finally put food on the table again, instead of collecting from our state unemployment, which is a joke.
Here's my issue as a local: They've proven time and time again that they can't run a safe operation. Look at this weekend alone. They no longer get that benefit of the doubt.

I'd love to go, but you're telling me that they're going to do a very short-term run of house walkthroughs potentially with a very rabid local fanbase when everyone is desperate for things to do and think that they won't just yet again fall on their ass in terms of safety & capacity? I have doubts and concerns.

If it happens, I'm sure I'll end up going, but I'll hate myself for it the entire time.

Universal is in survival mode. And a hungry dog needs to eat.

Does it suck if you're an out of state fan and can't make it? Yes it does.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but it's frustrating to watch this excuse what they are doing.

Uni's behavior definitely indicates a certain level desperation. They're doing a 4 month pass for the price of 1 day is a huge indicator, but that doesn't excuse the mentality. They're a part of Comcast a company that publicly reported that as of 6/30/20 had $13.93 billion in cash on hand. Cash flow was positive for the quarter, and that's with the theme parks shifting to a loss of over 90% of revenue. These actions aren't by a small business trying to survive, but a major conglomerate trying to smooth out quarterly reports. People still lost jobs, and perhaps (almost definitely) if this was Universal's darker times the cuts would've been deeper and longer but it hurts to see them try to rush this just to get the adjusted income to each share up 11% they lost year over year. I'd as both consumer and investor, like to see them give it a slow and deliberate ramp back up to normal so we know once it's back, it's back.

That being said, if they can do this right, this can be a silver lining in what 2020 has been. I believe in the people on the ground want to do the best they can and will try their best.

Also, one other thing came to mind: one big issue of releasing footage from previous years is that it's mostly B-roll quick shots vs. full walkthrus. I could see them using this event in whatever form it may take to be content they can use to put these mazes online for those who couldn't come, or even do a doc about how they adjusted to give people a taste of HHN this year and put it on Peacock or something.

Also, I'm going to go on a rant here for a second, mostly based on what I'm reading on Reddit and Twitter.

Universal is in survival mode. And a hungry dog needs to eat. Whether they "owe" their fans anything at this juncture is irrelevant, because we are living in a pandemic. As long as they can run a safe operation, we're lucky that they're considering anything at all. The people that have been called for work, and were starving for it, are elated that they can finally put food on the table again, instead of collecting from our state unemployment, which is a joke.

Whether they get two RIP tours to go through with the lights on or they do a mini event, it's going to make a profit and it will make future HHN's better. It will give people jobs. It will allow them to build a 4th gate so you can all get your beloved Nintendo characters and hopefully a full on monsters land instead of them nixing it.

Does it suck if you're an out of state fan and can't make it? Yes it does. I was out of state when they had a Cabin in the Woods house in Orlando and I couldn't make it. Was I pissed? Yes. Did I get over it and keep returning year after year? Yes. If you are a true fan of the event, Universal and their future, you are 100% allowed to be upset, but you should also be supportive if they have found a way to make this happen.

/rant

Completely agree...I can't tell you how many years I missed that I wish I could've gone to (or in the case of 16 and 18, gone to multiple times--but really I just feel lucky to have been able to have gone at all). Just the way it is.

Anyway, I would think they'd want to feature Billie next year? If not, that's going to make a lot of people on a certain FB group very very happy...

Last edited:

/rant
I agree with all this...Now, whether or not they are in "survival mode" or just acting like it could be expanded on a bit.

If the houses are finished and they could guarantee pulsing of the house then why not?

This has always been an ever evolving situation

As long as they don't call it HHN 30 haha

I got to be honest it does feel desperate but it’s also important to remember that this is Labor Day weekend and more then likely a mini hhn will not bring that level crowds. Personally if we do have this I don’t want to see the icons or the anniversary house yet save that for next year. I think brides gives the perfect Halloween vibe and Beetlejuice was already spoiled by merch and the tribute store so you might as well. Just give a small sample to hold us over till next year